BMW pocketknife??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW pocketknife??

A buddy gave this to me the other day after helping him with his car. I've never seen one before - can't seem to find another like it searching online. He said he got it in Germany from a friend. Supposedly there was an offer where you got one of these with the purchase of an e30? I've no way to verify but thought it was neat.

It's in kinda rough shape but i got the scales off without breaking them. cleaned up the body some and lubed it. The blade took a decent edge too. No brand name listed that I can find, but the roundel on the one scale looks to be period correct. I wet sanded and polished the scales with my Dremel - it looks a lot better now!

-Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
    '95 525iT
    '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
    '98 Disco 1

Sweet.
    sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
    1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
    1991 318is - Sold
    1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

The brand name is on the blade. Solingen

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
        That feeling when you realize you are too dumb to even google the only 3 words that are on the knife.
        He just searched "knife".

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
          That feeling when you realize you are too dumb to even google the only 3 words that are on the knife.

Ha! I love it. Apparently your GoogleFu is much better than mine :mrgreen: Had typed in several combinations trying to search but surprisingly didn't come up with much.

I'm well aware of Solingen as a city - and its history. I had no idea that it was also a 'brand'. I was under the impression that Inox was a trade name for a type of steel.

Nifty nonetheless!
          -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
          '95 525iT
          '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
          '98 Disco 1

Comment

Nice...

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X