Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever left a good job to move out of state?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't understand apartment prices sometimes! When I first moved to VA I was short on time, so I signed a lease with the first place suitable for a pregnant wife and willing to take a lab.

Ended up spending $1250/mo for a 3rd floor 1/1 apartment with no elevator. It was a very nice place don't get me wrong, but damn.

Now we live an hour North East in a 3/1 house with a yard for $900/mo.

It definitely pays to commute sometimes.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

"Your time is limited...."
      Drawing from some of the most pivotal points in his life, Steve Jobs, chief executive officer and co-founder of Apple Computer and of Pixar Animation Studios...

Comment

Originally posted by Grand525 View Post
        I watched this on Saturday, and talk about foreshadowing. Nonetheless, what he said truly is correct.
        1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
        2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
        2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Its all about compromise. We hate it. I hate it. But that's life.

In some ways I feel pigeonholed in my current job/career because I bought a house and have a wife that doesn't produce much at all. We have no kids, but our houses was bought for $320K and every month a big payment is due. Plus, family is here. If I was single, I would bail on SoCal so fast.

I dream of moving to a small town in Wyoming or Montana and running a shop of some variety.

But, the grass will always be greener and I will always be satisfied with something. So for now, I have decided to make the best with what I got. I have good friends and good people around me. Finding new friends is probably the hardest thing.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Just don't move up here.

Our housing market has just hit an all time absurdment level.

On another note, what is the big draw to the pnw for all you folks? Just curious?
            Originally posted by codyep3
            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
            2010 F650gs twin
            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
              On another note, what is the big draw to the pnw for all you folks? Just curious?
              I had briefly considered coastal Oregon. Water was the main reason for me. Living in San Diego, it's a crazy scarce resource and between the state and the county, they are going to make it more expensive and tedious to live here over that issue. Oh, and land isn't that expensive up there.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Just don't move up here.

Our housing market has just hit an all time absurdment level.

At least Canada has a good sport: hockey. Other than that, I have no real reason to move NW. lol no offense, that is a big haul for me. My fiancé and I were considering at one point moving to the PNW. Then we realized that is costly and given my current job field (auto parts), I wouldn't find much work up there.
                1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Ah crap, a guy on our local forum was posting that they had a outside sales job for an auto parts distributer available last year. That would have been a nice gig for you.

As for Hockey, don't look closely at any Canadian team this year. We are pathetic.

Our local (greater Vancouver regional district) housing market has reached stupid price levels. My POS house went up 150k in property assessment this year alone. No young people will ever own a piece of land here unless they make 250k per year, or are rich to start with.
                  I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                  2010 F650gs twin

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                    I had briefly considered coastal Oregon. Water was the main reason for me. Living in San Diego, it's a crazy scarce resource and between the state and the county, they are going to make it more expensive and tedious to live here over that issue. Oh, and land isn't that expensive up there.
                    Yeah, I believe we shipped you guys some water the last few years......for some emergency.
                    And you still owe us money for all the electricity we sent you. Cheap buggers
                    2010 F650gs twin

Comment

i left California years ago 6 months after getting married because of the lack of affordable housing in any area you'd care to live. that was 1979, and things are certainly no better today.
                      had no idea what i was going to do for a job, just knew there had to be equal/better opportunities ahead.
                      best thing we ever did, but was a huge unknown at the time.
                      don't be afraid to chase better opportunities elsewhere, including outside the USA
                      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Yeah, I believe we shipped you guys some water the last few years......for some emergency.
                        And you still owe us money for all the electricity we sent you. Cheap buggers
                        Well, this state is mentally retarded. We stop using rivers as water sources and shut down hydroelectric power over a stupid delta smelt (less than 3" fish) and we constantly shut down nuclear power plants. Where do Californians think electricity comes from in this state? What do Californian's think rivers carry water for?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                          There's a lot of benefit to being closer to relatives. I don't know how many times I have heard people who left their home town to move to Portlandia and complain about the cost of babysitting and what not. More often then not, grandparents living near = free/discounted child care! :)
                          This is the biggest thing holding me back from moving away. Not the free child care, hopefully i won't need that for a looong time, haha. But moving away from my family wold definitely be tough. Grew up outside NoVa, moved down to Norfolk for college and started looking out west for when I graduate. I had my heart set SoCal, but based on what I've read and heard I had more of a fairy tail view of it when I visited it. Now I have my eye on Colorado Springs.
                          My Garage
                          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                          X