Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is the best garage door opener company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
    Awesome, you'll be happy with it. The 8500 is also able to be hooked up to your iPhone. So that's pretty cool
    The wifi module is about $40. I haven't bought one for mine but have seen it in use.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
      Awesome, you'll be happy with it. The 8500 is also able to be hooked up to your iPhone. So that's pretty cool
      Originally posted by doorman View Post
      The wifi module is about $40. I haven't bought one for mine but have seen it in use.
      I'll probably skip the gateway and buy the wireless keypad so that I don't have to run wires across the garage.

I read the manual for the 8500 and it does appear to be a super duper easy install. And, the warranty is intact regardless of who installs it. I also found that LM is a Chamberlain brand.

Thanks again, guys.
      I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
        I'll probably skip the gateway and buy the wireless keypad so that I don't have to run wires across the garage.

I read the manual for the 8500 and it does appear to be a super duper easy install. And, the warranty is intact regardless of who installs it. I also found that LM is a Chamberlain brand.

Thanks again, guys.
        Wireless keypad is for outside the door.
        They multi function control station that comes with it only has two wires. The wall station has a timer and a motion sensor for the light built in it. It's worth the two wires to install it......even after smashing your thumb 20 times putting in the staples.

Comment

Wireless keypad is for outside the door.
          They multi function control station that comes with it only has two wires. The wall station has a timer and a motion sensor for the light built in it. It's worth the two wires to install it......even after smashing your thumb 20 times putting in the staples.
          I can probably run two wires! I hope so anyway.

I was thinking about this item:

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
            I can probably run two wires! I hope so anyway.

I was thinking about this item:
            http://www.amazon.com/LiftMaster-Mul.../dp/B00AS528Y8

Mine came with one like this.

2 wire low voltage conductor. It's easy to install

Comment

Mine came with one like this.

2 wire low voltage conductor. It's easy to install
              Cool! Thanks amigo!

Comment

Finally ordered the 8500...

Comment

Installation is complete! Great choice and allows me to have a ceiling fan in the garage.

A big thank you to Doormang who graciously answered a few questions and helped me troubleshoot the a glitch.

Comment

Working...
                  X