Portable Bluetooth speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable Bluetooth speakers

I've been wanting to snag one for work, and was leaning towards a Bose unit.

That said, my local Wally world has the Beats Pill 2.0 on clearance for $100. Worth it? I guess worse case scenario I could just return it if I'm not happy.

I need a decent amount of volume, as I work in a large shop. On the bright side though, I work inside confined spaces alot so I could just carry it on me. Management really would prefer us not to use our phones for music. (loosely enforced no phone rule, as long as you're a good employee it's not going to be an issue.)

Plus the speaker on my Moto X is horrible. And, headphones are absolutely out of the question. I work in a rail yard, need I say more?
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

I have a UE boom I got for $89 on sale that I love. It's freaking loud and sounds great.

Comment

Look into a Jawbone big Jambox, they work really well. It is small and portable, loud with good bass and has ~15hr battery life. It has pause/skip music control, integrates with phone and is a class 1 speakerphone.

I also have a Rocketfish, it is just a speaker and not as portable but sounds good especially if you like bass
      My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
      4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. The Ue boom ended up leading me to the JBL Charge 2+.

Sounds like the Beats Pill is just what I thought, brand name hype. Best buy had the Charge 2+ for $116 so I snagged on.

Testing it out in the kitchen, and I'm very impressed. These portable speaker setups have come a long way.
        No E30 Club
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Sadly it out does that relic behind it in sound quality and volume.

No E30 Club

Comment

I have a Marley. Sounds good.

I'd suggest just finding a good price. So many different types out there..have to think many are same manufacturing and rebadged.
            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
              I have a Marley. Sounds good.

I'd suggest just finding a good price. So many different types out there..have to think many are same manufacturing and rebadged.
              That's what it came down to. $116 couldn't seem to be beat, and it was compared to the Bose Sound link mini.

I'm not trying to spend a lot on something that could get dropped from the cab of a locomotive.
              No E30 Club

Comment

I got the Ayfee Bluetooth speaker off Amazon. It's cheap $35, is water proof, and gets real loud but still has good sound quality. No weird distortions or anything.
                I'm a carpenter so I brought it to the job site a few times and it's easy to wash when it gets dirty, is super sturdy, and has good volume to compete with all the other noises.
                Super easy to use and hook up.
                Oh and it has a real long battery life of a nice 12 hours.
                sigpic
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

UE boom ftw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  feedback http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...32#post4540332

1972 2002 Chamonix
                  1984 325e Hennarot (M20B31)
                  1988 325is Bronzite Time Capsule

Comment

The one made by beats and jambox are the best. You can throw a party and run off the jam box and still hear the music over everyone, shit is loud and they are tanks too. dropped them a few times haha

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Look up reviews for the Fugoo:
                      We sell the Beats, Jawbone and Fugoo at work, and it blows them away.

I'm a snob though, I carry my Sonos around and connect my phone to it. Not that Sonos is good......it's ok for the price.

Comment

I love my bose, but I would have never paid full price for them. Got them on a Cyber Monday sale.
                        My Garage
                        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

brookstones "Big Blue Unplugged" blows the jambox out of the water. I had the big jambox for a couple years and was satisfied, then my gf gave me the brookstone one, and it isn't even close how much better it is
                          1991 318is ---230K - DD
                          1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                          so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

If it is for work, if you run Milwaukee.. they have a BT speaker.
                            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                              If it is for work, if you run Milwaukee.. they have a BT speaker.
                              Fuck me that would be perfect
                              No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                              X