Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe G
    replied
    That was an early morning trip into NYC. Big bumps/potholes can = lost hubcaps...or theft lol. Those suckers aren’t cheap.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    That thing does look badass with the hard top and no caps

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Very cool shot with the silver hardtop - I'm keeping that!

Leave a comment:

• Joe G
    replied
    Here some more pics of the ‘59 from thanksgiving of 2008. At that point, the paint was at least 20 years old and had seen a lot of mileage.

My dads best friend has owned a hot rod and restoration shop for decades and repainted the Vette and refinished some chrome about 1.5yrs ago (first pics I posted were last weekend). Since then it’s seen about 1,500 miles.

Hardtop is black now, but hasn’t been on the car, and probably won’t be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    That '59 is gorgeous.

Leave a comment:

• Joe G
    replied
    Thanks. And yup, 283 - car was originally a dual carb car, but keeping it running well with that setup was always a hassle, so it’s run a single carb as long as I can remember. We still have the dual setup though. Also have a mint hardtop, looks super badass with that on and no hub caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    ^^ good story. Way to go, dad! Did those have the 283?

Leave a comment:

• Joe G
    replied
    My dad’s 59 vette. He has owned it for around 40 years. Always been a driver. It was even his DD in the early 80s when he lived in NYC (and street parked it).

We drove from Long Island to Corvette Carlisle in PA every August for nearly 10 years. Good times.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    I've mentioned it before, but this is the place to go into detail.

This is the 'other woman'

2002 Corvette Coupe
    SB2 Package (Sport seats, HUD)

The term Poorvette came about when a friend of mine was joking about how much car you get for the money. It's the poor man's super car, the Poorvette

It's relatively stock.

Borla stinger exhaust, 160 degree thermostat with 190 degree fan setting.

I did have the differential rebuilt with 4.10 gears, and installed a Monster LT1-S twin disc clutch and a light weight flywheel.

Leave a comment:

• 88 ragtop
    replied
    4.0 buick/disco engine

If you do wind up using the alum block with the heads, originally they use a stretch style head bolt( not torqued) and are only good once. after doing enough head replacements on ours (5 times) go to a ARP head stud head and you will be money ahead, then you can torque them instead.

Leave a comment:

• 88 ragtop
    replied
    4.0 buick/disco engine

my wife owns a 2001 Disco two as well (we have had it since 2003) and have some extra engine stuff and know a little bit about the engines in them as I HAVE to keep my wife's up to snuff and replaced the motor and heads enough time to be fairly proficient with them, not sure about the older heads bolting up to the newer plenums, but I know someone that can tell me.

Leave a comment:

• 88 ragtop
    replied
    My 1970 SS 454 LS-6 Chevelle

Hey Guys

Its amazing that you should ask this question. I went from having big block Chevelle's all of my life. (I'm 53 now) My first car in high school (1981) was a 1969 Chevelle SS396 with a 454 in it. That car was lost unfortunately, I had it in storage and got to where I couldn't pay the bill when I was about 20. I have had over 30 SS Chevelle's since then and in 1995 a 1970 SS 454 LS-6 (with build sheet) fell into my lap for $3,500. I spent the next 25 years meticulously restoring it with 95 percent NOS parts. I sold it three years ago, just too much of a burden, too nice to drive, still has 11:1 compression(requiring 110 Sunoco gas to drive) I don't so much miss owning it as I do driving it, at 530 HP with the M22 Rock crusher and 3:73 gears, this thing sounded unreal at 6,500(was chassis dyno tuned -Stock only mods being large tube headers and a full flow master American Thunder system) My god was this car fun to drive, I taught both my kids to drive stick in this car and seriously, no joke there was not to many cars that could keep up with me on the freeway at the time(of course if I still had it, I bet a Dodge Demon would walk all over me) my son is the one that infected me with the BMW sickness. I will try to figure out how to post pics of it.
    Last edited by 88 ragtop; 06-19-2019, 01:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• iansane
    replied
    Originally posted by johnt325ix View Post
    15 years ago I bought my '88 ix as a beater so I could afford my muscle car, '70 'Cuda 440 Six Barrel 4 speed. Within a few months I realized that an E30 is way more than a beater and now enjoy the both.
    I had the same thing happen to me. I'm originally a trans am guy and bought the e30 as a cheap daily while I finished the turbo install on my TA and just sort of fell for e30s. It's just like my TA, but better. :)

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Its a V8, theres stuff out there.

Im trying to determine if the later Rover Intake Manifolds bolt up to the older heads. Havent found much yet, but Im still looking
    Easiest way to find out, buy it and try it!

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    It's a shame they're so uncommon and lacking in aftermarket support in the US, they'd be a good candidate for V8 swapped E30s.
    Its a V8, theres stuff out there.

Im trying to determine if the later Rover Intake Manifolds bolt up to the older heads. Havent found much yet, but Im still looking

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    It's a shame they're so uncommon and lacking in aftermarket support in the US, they'd be a good candidate for V8 swapped E30s.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X