No announcement yet.

Integra Type R sells for $34k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That doesn't sound significant to me. We do many of those same reinforcements if you think about it, we just didn't get a lot of them from the factory. For instance, many of us have added a strut tower bar, M3's have thicker rear C pillar, rear roof girder, obviously bigger rear wheelhouse extensions, we typically use the Z3 plates for rear damper tower reinforcement instead of gussets but those can be added as well, we reinforce our trailing arms and add gussets or thicken the rear sway bar tabs. Those can be considered "performance rods." It's not as big of a deal as it sounds and these are mods you don't see. There are different ways to do them. Anyone who can weld can do them and it doesn't even have to be pretty. I'm sure Hondas have aftermarket chassis reinforcement kits as well. Same cannot be said about acquiring M3 specific body parts and having them welded onto your 318/325. Those parts are more expensive/rare and would have to be done right.
    Last edited by reelizmpro; 05-06-2016, 12:21 PM.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
    X