No announcement yet.

Project: Gravely Model L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what does a set of reels go for? I have two sets I need to sell off.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
      So what does a set of reels go for? I have two sets I need to sell off.
      If you have everything and they work correctly and need nothing around $300 a set (middle reel and both gangs).

If they are really rusty and missing a few parts or need rebuilt around $150.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Well I miss having a project since I finished this one. So I got another one and my brother has an older one now also. His is a 1951 5.5hp Model L (pics soon, maybe).

Mine is a 1972 C8 7.6hp fully loaded. Electric start (will be sold so it can be manual pull start), governor (dont want) and 8 speed transmission (4 forward and 4 reverse).

Mine came with a rotary cultivator, tool holder cultivator and a sickle bar. The sickle bar had a few loose teeth on it so I tore it apart and got new plow bolts and reverse locking nuts.

New bolt vs old bolt. It takes 2 different length bolts so I got all of them the longer ones and left them sticking out, I'll trim them if needed.

And almost fully back together. I noticed its missing the wear tip for the arm that moves back and forth, so I ordered a new one, stupid expensive.

My brother also purchased a 1978 Gravely 8161 commercial rider at the same auction with a mowing deck, grader blade (rare), 38" snow blower and a snow/dirt plow. I took it apart and degreased and pressure washed it. Then replaced fuel line, fuel filter, new battery, greased everything and cleaned/set the carb. This is a before and after of the seat.

And the tractor before and after. This all happened in 5 days. My brother also repainted the seat pan since the PO did some crappy metal work on it.

Last edited by 88BlackS-ETA; 07-01-2017, 10:06 PM.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
        X