Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkiFree
    replied
    Haha, love the Pagani exhaust. Whoever rendered that has some fun humor.

Leave a comment:

• ZodGilla
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ELVA164
    replied
    Also, the damage does a good job of looking better in photos than real life, which I'm thankful for.

Leave a comment:

• ELVA164
    replied
    They're all okay, but the left rear especially had been really messed up and will probably require a lot of work to straighten. The hood, door, and front fender are the same deal but less severe. The rear panel has been bent, broken in half and repaired with fiberglass, and the exhaust cutout has been hacked. I'm looking for pieces that aren't perfect, but are a better starting point than what I have to hopefully save me the time/money on bodywork and cut down on Bondo use.

I'll be blasting the whole car before any paint, but I'm trying to plan ahead instead of the car being torn apart then having to search for pieces.

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    I'm curious what's wrong with the pieces on the car? They look good from here.

The valence panel is available from MSA, however, be aware that the replacement panel is curved in one direction (top to bottom) whereas the original piece is curved in two directions, so it needs some work to fit.

Leave a comment:

• ELVA164
    replied
    Datsun friends, I need some help! I'm looking for a few panels for my Z to help get it rebuilt and ready to rock next season. I'm looking for:

Unvented hood
    LF fender
    LH door
    LR quarter panel
    Rear valance, under the lights

I'm pumped to change it from the top car to the bottom one, so any leads would be appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
    Congratulations on posting a bunch of pics with zero 510s or Zs in them. :( Every one of those cars has lost the very thing that makes them what they were. They are now a undefined something else. Seeing this sort of garbage is the very reason I have no interest in going to SEMA. I'm not faulting the build quality, I'm simply faulting the choice of removing what makes a 510 or Z what it is. (Sometimes the build quality is iffy but just looks nice on the outside.)

Will
    SEMA is very trendy, as you can tell what the current trend is with the fender flares.

If you ignore whats under the hood (which oddly enough is basically the same motor), then you should be able to appreciate the rest of the work

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
    Can we do something about these ginormous images?
    They werent that big from where I copied them from. I will try and do something about it

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    Can we do something about these ginormous images?

Leave a comment:

• BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    crossposting from 311s.org

some Datsuns at SEMA
    Congratulations on posting a bunch of pics with zero 510s or Zs in them. :( Every one of those cars has lost the very thing that makes them what they were. They are now a undefined something else. Seeing this sort of garbage is the very reason I have no interest in going to SEMA. I'm not faulting the build quality, I'm simply faulting the choice of removing what makes a 510 or Z what it is. (Sometimes the build quality is iffy but just looks nice on the outside.)

Will
    Last edited by 2mAn; 11-17-2017, 10:02 AM. Reason: deleting the giant pics

Leave a comment:

• lukeADE335i
    replied
    From the look of those SEMA pics the SR20 (in both turbo and DE forms) is still the weapon of choice with the Nissan crowd. Interesting that even the Zs have SR20s fitted, when RB engines fit in there no problem.

Leave a comment:

• ZodGilla
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Victell
    replied
    Decades ago, a new Japanese automobile company asked a veteran German auto maker to suggest a name for its new car.

"We need a name no later than tomorrow," said the Japanese official.

Very surprised, the German replied, "Dat soon?!?"

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    crossposting from 311s.org

some Datsuns at SEMA
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 2mAn; 11-17-2017, 10:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    There isn't much Datsun roadster left in that car. The body is good for a rebody, the rest, well, is all hacked up. Its a 240SX/S14 with an identity crisis, and a mazda RX7 rear end. The guy who owns it cant turn a wrench to save his life. I should also add, it doesn't make any more hp than my car does, and that is even on the exact same dyno. I was bet by the guy who did the testing on both cars that my car couldn't make what a stock SR20 powered one can, and if it did, the dyno session was on him. First pull, I beat that number, then found an additional 30 hp with carb tuning. Needless to say I paid nothing for that session. (Holy crap, that was 11 years ago!)

Will

Leave a comment:

Working...
X