Anyone into New Mini Coopers?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2mAn
    replied
    Julien how long did you keep yours? Seems like it lasted a while

    Leave a comment:


  • Staszek
    replied
    I love the Mini's I just wish it was RWD. I almost bought an R53 back in the day.

    Leave a comment:


  • mjimport
    replied
    ^agreed. I don't think I could stand driving one, especially an R56(heavier), without forced induction. And yes, most of it's easy DIY, just tighter engine bay.

    Leave a comment:


  • Julien
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon325i
    I still haven't given up on my quest to pick up a touring someday, but I must admit the Mini Coopers have caught my eye in recent months (full disclosure: I've never driven or been a passenger in one). My biggest concern is the dependability issue....this would be my DD. I've spent time on Mini forums reading about the various issues, they mostly impact S models. If I were to give a Mini serious consideration, I would probably look at the R56 (second gen) cars, and a non-S model. The Clubman is rather cool....more room and versatility than the standard 3-door hatch.


    Jon
    come drive mine ;D


    But really, get an r53, they are the most reliable IMHO. If you can work on an e30, this thing is easy.

    Leave a comment:


  • mbonder
    replied
    I drove the newest clubman recently and the sight lines straight out the back are horrendous. Between the split rear doors and the headrests you've got about a 8" square space on either side to see out the back. Drove alright, but I will admit that it's rather tame feeling compared to the first gen coopers.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jon325i
    replied
    I still haven't given up on my quest to pick up a touring someday, but I must admit the Mini Coopers have caught my eye in recent months (full disclosure: I've never driven or been a passenger in one). My biggest concern is the dependability issue....this would be my DD. I've spent time on Mini forums reading about the various issues, they mostly impact S models. If I were to give a Mini serious consideration, I would probably look at the R56 (second gen) cars, and a non-S model. The Clubman is rather cool....more room and versatility than the standard 3-door hatch.


    Jon

    Leave a comment:


  • Julien
    replied


    1200 mile round trip to San Diego this last weekend. She never skipped a beat :)


    Any other MCS love out there?

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    Like R53's but don't see myself purchasing one, For a front driver they are deceiving in their handling like a rwd.

    Leave a comment:


  • cspec
    replied
    I had an R53, fun car, amazing fwd, but still fwd.

    Leave a comment:


  • glnr13
    replied
    sometimes i miss my r53, sometimes...
    [/url]

    Leave a comment:


  • mavrikno13764
    replied
    girlfriend has R56 cooper base 6spd and that car is amazing.
    70K miles of all smiles. basic maintenance since new.

    Car Currently has:
    BC coilovers (street car only so its nice)
    15" enkei 92
    K&N intake
    Carbon stubby antennae
    Broadway rear view mirror
    Swapped front and rear channels so Sound system has better bass.

    Looking to get the euro flash so you can shut windows with the key
    and other euro features.

    Leave a comment:


  • Julien
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella
    Yeah, a daily driver I have to do that much work to just to gain access, to me, just isn't worth it.
    It takes about 30 minutes to take off the front end and passenger fender liner. Unless you are replacing vital components every month, I don't see it being that annoying.. To be clear I'm talking r53 here though *shrug*

    Leave a comment:


  • Stanley Rockafella
    replied
    Originally posted by Aleman
    And the front fender wheel lining needs to come out for a lot of procedures.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, a daily driver I have to do that much work to just to gain access, to me, just isn't worth it.

    Leave a comment:


  • AudioNToxication
    replied
    Motor mounts are a common problem on both gens of the cars.
    i got mine from www.greeneperformance.com
    Generally speaking i stay away from M7.
    Another important upgrade for the R56 chassis is the intercooler.
    Helix13 in PA makes a good one thats made here in the US.
    Detroit tuned is another good resource.

    Leave a comment:


  • mjimport
    replied
    My first R53, picked it up for 7 grand back in 2014, had 100k miles, came with CAI, 17% pulley, Tein springs. Eventually installed coilovers and Rotiform NUEs as shown in photo.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...