• Show
Clear All

^ I think thats tight.
    '91 Brilliantrot 318iS - Sold
    '95 e34 s50 Touring - P/O
    '87 Alpine White 325iS - Current

Comment

Originally posted by fiftytakedowns View Post
      I been riding fixed for 2 years, have a messenger bag, and wear (have been for years) tight pants.
      but I am not even close to a hipster. In fact, I hate them
      So you're a self-hating hipster. Got it.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by Beastolizer View Post
        ^ I think thats tight.
        I think it's funny people spend money on a car that's already worse for the environment than a normal, gas powered car, and then stretch it to make it even more inefficient....

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
        Originally posted by DTM190
        "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
          I think it's funny people spend money on a car that's already worse for the environment than a normal, gas powered car, and then stretch it to make it even more inefficient....
          worse for the environment? Hmm...I used to always think the more mpg's the better...

Comment

Originally posted by Beastolizer View Post
            worse for the environment? Hmm...I used to always think the more mpg's the better...
            batteries my friend batteries
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Yeah, they are...... Why don't you look up what they go through, and namely the pollution that's created, to create the batteries.

EDIT: Sleeve beat me... hahaha

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
              Originally posted by DTM190
              "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                Yeah, they are...... Why don't you look up what they go through, and namely the pollution that's created, to create the batteries.

EDIT: Sleeve beat me... hahaha
                "Building a Toyota Prius causes more environmental damage than a Hummer that is on the road for three times longer than a Prius"

I should have done my homework. Now I look stupid. :(

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its ok at least you admit to it when you are. Unlike some certain others
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

^I did a research paper on this not that long ago, pretty funny results actually. Besides the battery pollution, they are very few parts on a prius made of recyclable materials, so when they're dead their parts can't be reconstituted. Also their components are built all over the world, so they all have to be shipped, to the factory, causing more pollution.

Comment

Most people don't take manufacturing energy consumption, pollution, and sustainability into consideration when they're buying something "green."

A product being environmentally efficient while it's in use is a small percentage of what really makes a product better for the environment.

Get learned:

"The Prius' battery contains nickel, which is mined in Ontario Canada. The plant that smelts this nickel is nicknamed "the Superstack" because of the amount of pollution it puts out; the area for miles around it is a wasteland because of acid rain and air pollution.

But the main problem that the "Dust to Dust" study has with the Prius' impact on the environment comes next.

That smelted nickel then has to travel (via container ship) to Europe to be refined, then to China to be made into "nickel foam," then to Japan for assembly, and finally to the United States. All this shipment for each tiny step in the production process costs a great deal, both in dollars, resources, and pollution.

All the production costs in mind -- the Prius costs about $3.25 per mile and is expected to last about 100,000 miles. The Hummer, on the other hand, with all the same factors counted, costs about $1.95 per mile and is expected to last about 300,000 miles. "

Comment

Originally posted by Mucci View Post
                        The Hummer, on the other hand... is expected to last about 300,000 miles. "
                        I agree with every you said. Except this. No GM piece of shit Hummer will ever stay running for 300K. No fucking way.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          batteries my friend batteries
                          +1

Comment

Originally posted by HiTheNameIsBJ View Post
                            ^I did a research paper on this not that long ago, pretty funny results actually. Besides the battery pollution, they are very few parts on a prius made of recyclable materials, so when they're dead their parts can't be reconstituted. Also their components are built all over the world, so they all have to be shipped, to the factory, causing more pollution.
                            Got the same results...i had to do a research paper on alternative energy for a Engineering Physics class.

Comment

Toyota Prius A123 car fire investigation report 2008,English,Company,United States,ETEC,WikiLeaks,Follow,What makes a proper leak descriptor

Comment

man, you right wing loonies will believe anything. the prius-hummer bs was disproven long ago, but still the mis-information circulates

and if you don't like the sierra club, there are link in the article from the union of concerned scientists and mit.

Comment

Working...
                                X