This Is Pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
    Jordan's old silver E30 in a Lenso wheel ad, first page of the new Performance BMW, with some shitty replica wheels Photoshopped onto it.

Can he sue?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      Can he sue?
      Maybe, it looks like one he took - if he can find the exact picture that HE took that they used and prove without a doubt that the graphic artist used his then..a cease-and-desist may be do-able... but that's if they take the action seriously.

If the person who currently owns it took said picture and allowed them to use it then no obviously. OR said person took the picture and posted it somewhere where the graphic designer who was hired to make the pshop found and used it I doubt that they would care.
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

i've seen this happen a few times. he should be able to get $700-800.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Found it.

Comment

the picture is heavily modified from the org, it would be tough for him to bring up issues with that. Esp if someone posted it on a forum, like this thread for example. If they grabbed it from Jordans photos and re posted it with no credit to jordan and then the designer grabbed it from there and edited out most of the picture, it would be tough for jordan to do anything about it... plus did he have any water marks or copyright?

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

The funny thing is you can still see the the original wheels behind the shitty wheels they chopped in.

Comment

Originally posted by RickSloan View Post
                the picture is heavily modified from the org, it would be tough for him to bring up issues with that. Esp if someone posted it on a forum, like this thread for example. If they grabbed it from Jordans photos and re posted it with no credit to jordan and then the designer grabbed it from there and edited out most of the picture, it would be tough for jordan to do anything about it... plus did he have any water marks or copyright?

heavily modified? not at all. the car was cut out and some rims were slapped on it. thats it. 20 minutes, tops. heavily modified is if they changed the color, added full graphics, and shopped it onto a beach.

the most telling and damning thing is the reflections on the glass.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

i am in complete agreement that they shouldn't have done it but what I'm saying is I dont think Jordan would be able to get anything out of it...

Farbin posting it is a perfect example of how the mag could get away with it... that image is now un water marked and freely floating thru the internets...

i am on stock photo sites everyday for work, gathering and working with photos for childrens books and we are very very careful about what we use and really only use what we pay for from stock sites... some companys aren't as honest

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Had a similar thing happen to my convertible. They didn't shop the picture though, just used it outright.

I didn't make an attempt to get anything from it.
                    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

hey guys,

i just wanted to show you a picture (cause this is pictures) i just submitted to a photo contest. i just won $500, isnt that cool? im so excited.
                      Attached Files
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                        hey guys,

i just wanted to show you a picture (cause this is pictures) i just submitted to a photo contest. i just won $500, isnt that cool? im so excited.
                        tasty

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                          hey guys,

I bet you would have won $1000, and 1st Prize if you would have mirrored that shot to get the proper focal point.

Comment

damn, you're right!

i'll make sure to do it next time.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

www.woranges.tumblr.com

Comment

www.woranges.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                                X