Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    I read somewhere that there was a push for real *wet* weights a few years ago, which is far more real than dry weight, so hopefully they all use the same numbers moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Everyone outside of aviation plays fast and loose with weight specs. Motorcycle manufacturers advertise meaningless dry weights, automotive manufacturers give a weight with no details, dressed engine weights are as rare as hen's teeth... If one of the mags didn't weigh it during the review cycle a lot of times we're just out of luck when it comes to knowing how much something weighs.

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
    I guess it was about 390. Thought it was lighter. Thought a spec sheet referenced 356, but looking now it appears that was off. Even my 250R was 375 wet.

There is good news for the BMW G310R though, as it is 349 wet. That's good stuff. Could shave off some more too I think...
    I just with all the bike manufacturers didn't play all these games with weight.

Dry weight, wet* weight, actual weight.

Saying it weighs X amount, with no brake or clutch fluid, gas, oil, battery, is really pretty stupid. I can't ride it without any of those.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    Yeah at that's good, I looked into the Ninja 300 and it's 385lbs wet, which is a lot more than I expected. 349 seems more reasonable. Cut the emissions crap off of it and it probably weighs a good 10-15lbs less.
    yes, there is a lot of weight that's easy to take off of that wet 385.

i've done lithium battery, straight-pipe, undertail that deletes all the DOT crap, aluminum clip-ons/rear sets, rear pegs gone or replaced with a muffler support bracket, and i'm maybe down 30lbs at most but between the weight reduction and the change in riding position it is a completely different bike.

still have another 20lbs of weight reduction planned before i do anything about powah.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    There is good news for the BMW G310R though, as it is 349 wet. That's good stuff. Could shave off some more too I think...
    Yeah at that's good, I looked into the Ninja 300 and it's 385lbs wet, which is a lot more than I expected. 349 seems more reasonable. Cut the emissions crap off of it and it probably weighs a good 10-15lbs less. 34hp, USD forks, 340lbs, you could have a lot of fun with that on a track or a curvy road, but 10lb/hp is pretty crap for a street bike.
    Last edited by varg; 07-09-2019, 02:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    Ever since the first gen, the dry weight of R6s has been in the 390-410 range depending on the exact year.

Even the new one.
    I guess it was about 390. Thought it was lighter. Thought a spec sheet referenced 356, but looking now it appears that was off. Even my 250R was 375 wet.

Last edited by DEV0 E30; 07-09-2019, 01:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    I've never ridden one, but damn. That is too heavy.

My old r6 was like 360.
    Ever since the first gen, the dry weight of R6s has been in the 390-410 range depending on the exact year.

Even the new one.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    You two are hilarious.
    I twy

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    I've never ridden one, but damn. That is too heavy.

My old r6 was like 360.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    The rnineT is one of my fav bikes, but I'm not spending $12-18k on a two wheeled vehicle anytime soon. The R3 is my second choice if I went with a bike, I just like the idea of a baby rineT that is a little more upright/less go-fast looking.
    The RnineT needs to go on a diet. 489lbs wet weight is positively porky for a naked made post 2010, especially a german one that costs $12,000

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    You two are hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Originally posted by peetiewonder View Post
    Corvette - E30 - Daily Truk - KTM 950 - bike hauler that's how u gotta do it!
    Couldn't agree more.

Leave a comment:

• peetiewonder
    replied
    Yep, it does everything well except the $75.00 fillups. Mine is a 2000 but a baby with only ~140k. Hence the want for something that gets good mpgs on my short commutes. To and from office, and to and from gym. If I could keep the LX for longer or once a week trips that would mean I could justify the bike rather easily.
    E30 - Daily LX - Roadtrip/bike hauler that's how u gotta do it!

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Originally posted by peetiewonder View Post
    The 100 Series LX is the shit. I have one too as my roadtrip wagon and you cant beat em for value. On top of that if you take care of em they last forever. Mine has over 306k and counting.
    Yep, it does everything well except the $75.00 fillups. Mine is a 2000 but a baby with only ~140k. Hence the want for something that gets good mpgs on my short commutes. To and from office, and to and from gym. If I could keep the LX for longer or once a week trips that would mean I could justify the bike rather easily.

Embeded video didn't work, but I saw this review.

Leave a comment:

• Supadave
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X