Mini Bikes (Groms and such)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northern View Post
    I didn't know about the G310R or any of the R NineT models, and I like where they're going.

I think I'd be looking for an R3, RC390/390 duke or G310R for the 300 segment if I could go back. Not sure how the KTM stuff really is, but I think only some models are made in India (including the RC390 though). I'd probably end up with the R3 because it seems like the best of the yamaha/kawasaki/honda 300 offerings, and still hasn't received it's beating with the ugly stick by Yamaha (besides the Kyle's Monster Energy livery crap)...
    Agreed, the lady hates that I'm considering going back to a bike after surviving my early 20's with one... but I don't want to get rid of the Land Cruiser really. But I need better MPGS for short commutes. If I sold the 100 Series LX/Luxobarge, I'd consider a sportwagen tdi golf, but I don't really know if that's the right route to take. A G310R with a rnineT headlight would be a pretty baller, low maintenance, cheap cafe to keep short miles off the Luxobarge. The rnineT is one of my fav bikes, but I'm not spending $12-18k on a two wheeled vehicle anytime soon. The R3 is my second choice if I went with a bike, I just like the idea of a baby rineT that is a little more upright/less go-fast looking.

Originally posted by Melon View Post
    Supadave rustling my jimmies. I approve of jimmie rustling.
    Dang. Agreed, that's a sexy little thing.
    Last edited by DEV0 E30; 07-01-2019, 01:09 PM.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I’ve got a grom and a Ruckus. Love them both. Ruckus got a 150cc swap from 50cc and grom is getting a 250 swap at the moment.
      -Current-
      90 325i Coupe - Alpinaweiß II
      -Previous-
      92 525i 5speed Touring - Diamantschwarz Metallic
      03 540i Msport 6 Speed - Sterling Grau Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
        Agreed, the lady hates that I'm considering going back to a bike after surviving my early 20's with one... but I don't want to get rid of the Land Cruiser really. But I need better MPGS for short commutes. If I sold the 100 Series LX/Luxobarge, I'd consider a sportwagen tdi golf, but I don't really know if that's the right route to take. A G310R with a rnineT headlight would be a pretty baller, low maintenance, cheap cafe to keep short miles off the Luxobarge. The rnineT is one of my fav bikes, but I'm not spending $12-18k on a two wheeled vehicle anytime soon. The R3 is my second choice if I went with a bike, I just like the idea of a baby rineT that is a little more upright/less go-fast looking.

Dang. Agreed, that's a sexy little thing.
        The 100 Series LX is the shit. I have one too as my roadtrip wagon and you cant beat em for value. On top of that if you take care of em they last forever. Mine has over 306k and counting.
        -Current-
        -Previous-

Comment

sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by peetiewonder View Post
            The 100 Series LX is the shit. I have one too as my roadtrip wagon and you cant beat em for value. On top of that if you take care of em they last forever. Mine has over 306k and counting.
            Yep, it does everything well except the $75.00 fillups. Mine is a 2000 but a baby with only ~140k. Hence the want for something that gets good mpgs on my short commutes. To and from office, and to and from gym. If I could keep the LX for longer or once a week trips that would mean I could justify the bike rather easily.

Embeded video didn't work, but I saw this review.

Comment

Yep, it does everything well except the $75.00 fillups. Mine is a 2000 but a baby with only ~140k. Hence the want for something that gets good mpgs on my short commutes. To and from office, and to and from gym. If I could keep the LX for longer or once a week trips that would mean I could justify the bike rather easily.
              E30 - Daily LX - Roadtrip/bike hauler that's how u gotta do it!
              -Current-
              -Previous-

Comment

Originally posted by peetiewonder View Post
                Corvette - E30 - Daily Truk - KTM 950 - bike hauler that's how u gotta do it!
                Couldn't agree more.
                I do things.

Comment

You two are hilarious.

Comment

The rnineT is one of my fav bikes, but I'm not spending $12-18k on a two wheeled vehicle anytime soon. The R3 is my second choice if I went with a bike, I just like the idea of a baby rineT that is a little more upright/less go-fast looking.
                    The RnineT needs to go on a diet. 489lbs wet weight is positively porky for a naked made post 2010, especially a german one that costs $12,000

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    [CoTM: 4-18]
                    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                    - updated 1-26

Comment

I've never ridden one, but damn. That is too heavy.

My old r6 was like 360.

Comment

You two are hilarious.
                        I twy
                        I do things.

Comment

I've never ridden one, but damn. That is too heavy.

My old r6 was like 360.
                          Ever since the first gen, the dry weight of R6s has been in the 390-410 range depending on the exact year.

Even the new one.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                            Ever since the first gen, the dry weight of R6s has been in the 390-410 range depending on the exact year.

Even the new one.
                            I guess it was about 390. Thought it was lighter. Thought a spec sheet referenced 356, but looking now it appears that was off. Even my 250R was 375 wet.

There is good news for the BMW G310R though, as it is 349 wet. That's good stuff. Could shave off some more too I think...
                            Last edited by DEV0 E30; 07-09-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

There is good news for the BMW G310R though, as it is 349 wet. That's good stuff. Could shave off some more too I think...
                              Yeah at that's good, I looked into the Ninja 300 and it's 385lbs wet, which is a lot more than I expected. 349 seems more reasonable. Cut the emissions crap off of it and it probably weighs a good 10-15lbs less. 34hp, USD forks, 340lbs, you could have a lot of fun with that on a track or a curvy road, but 10lb/hp is pretty crap for a street bike.
                              Last edited by varg; 07-09-2019, 02:18 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                                Yeah at that's good, I looked into the Ninja 300 and it's 385lbs wet, which is a lot more than I expected. 349 seems more reasonable. Cut the emissions crap off of it and it probably weighs a good 10-15lbs less.
                                yes, there is a lot of weight that's easy to take off of that wet 385.

i've done lithium battery, straight-pipe, undertail that deletes all the DOT crap, aluminum clip-ons/rear sets, rear pegs gone or replaced with a muffler support bracket, and i'm maybe down 30lbs at most but between the weight reduction and the change in riding position it is a completely different bike.

still have another 20lbs of weight reduction planned before i do anything about powah.
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:
                                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                                X