Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• varg
    replied
    There's nothing wrong with buying and modifying a 300, it's a great place to start and polish skills/form good habits. A majority of the people you'll encounter with literbikes are either so afraid of the thing that they won't dare to try to keep up with you anywhere but the highway or so ignorant of the beast they're riding that they'll try to and eventually wind up leaving skin on the pavement once some turns appear.

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by decay View Post
    my boss has a liter-bike and gives me shit for buying and modifying a 300
    Years and years ago when I had my R6, one of my buddies had an R1 and was going to be gone for the weekend.

He threw me the keys and told me to go ride a "mans bike" over the weekend.

Even a 600cc sportbike is insanely quick, but literbikes are just mind bending.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by F34R View Post
    I'm 6'6'', Groms are a ton of fun! for a short time haha
    i like the idea of them, but i straight up do not fit on one, at least in any position i consider sensible.

besides that, my boss has a liter-bike and gives me shit for buying and modifying a 300 (honestly- the appropriate bike for my current skill level and my 99%-urban riding).

i would never hear the end of it if i spent my own good money on a 125 thumper.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    I'm 6'-2" 350lbs.
    I feel ya bigger fellas.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by decay View Post
    i cross-shopped a new grom and a used ninja 300 when i was shopping.

i'm 6'3", no grom fun for me, the handlebars hit my knees.
    I'm 6'6'', Groms are a ton of fun! for a short time haha

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by Melon View Post
    Truth be told, a CB300F, and Ninja 300 is almost as light and way more useful.

I loved my Grom, but it definitely had it's limitations, it was really only fun on mountain roads, really twisty stuff.
    i cross-shopped a new grom and a used ninja 300 when i was shopping.

i'm 6'3", no grom fun for me, the handlebars hit my knees.

once i made enough ergo adjustments and weight reduction to the 300, it became the perfect bike for an urban area like san francisco.

i suppose my first two bikes were "minis"- Derbi GPRs, 80cc two-strokes in ultralight frames. miss them but they were pretty high-maintenance.

8 likes, 2 comments - Pyramid Ronin (@red_pyramid) on Instagram: "#ducati meetup @ #hotitalian"

Leave a comment:

• Streichholzschächtelchen
    replied
    When I get the e30 done I'll focus on my metsllic yellow CT70 4 speed

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Truth be told, a CB300F, and Ninja 300 is almost as light and way more useful.

I loved my Grom, but it definitely had it's limitations, it was really only fun on mountain roads, really twisty stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    Stunting on the street with a bunch of squids is really not my style.
    +1, not a fan.

I think Grom/Z125's are cool or cute or somewhere between, but they're not for me.

Biggest draw for me is that I could get a new Z125 for $2799 (CAD, + tax etc) right now, whereas something like a Ninja 300 or any other new small bike starts at almost double that.

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    Stunting on the street with a bunch of squids is really not my style. Even then, I'm not seeing anything a mid displacement dual sport or dirt bike couldn't do better. I'm a tough audience though, since I've raced dirt bikes and know their capabilities on and off road.
    I'm with you.

That looked like a giant, douche convention.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Stunting on the street with a bunch of squids is really not my style. Even then, I'm not seeing anything a mid displacement dual sport or dirt bike couldn't do better. I'm a tough audience though, since I've raced dirt bikes and know their capabilities on and off road.

Leave a comment:

• Supadave
    replied
    This is why https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkYzB9HbbbY

So much fun

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Hyped? Sure.

But they're insane fun on a tight twisty road.
    They're like Miatas, no power, no weight, tons of smiles.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    I don't get the hype for groms and such, when it comes to street use there's nothing they can do that a small dual sport or street legal dirtbike doesn't do better and the thing they're good for, pit bike/trucker's bike, is a very niche use.

Leave a comment:

• sampayne
    replied
    I just finished building a mini bike last week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X