Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q's For those that have wireless internet at home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to go to Wireless G to get complete whole house coverage. My wireless phone was 2.4 GHZ also and I had to upgrade to a 5.8 digital phone - better anyway.

Comment

I've had a Linksys Wireless-G Router for 3 years now sending wireless 256k internet to two other desktops in the house and the occasional guest laptop, as well as my pda/phone, flawlessly. Great piece of equipment.

My recommendation is the Linksys WRT54G Wifi Router. Great value for money.
      This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

Originally posted by Ducati View Post
        I bought the RangeMax Netgear router for my girlfriend. I absolutely love it.

You get range, consistancy of speed, 108mb's all around, and great security.

Although it's around $100. ( I work at best buy and used my discount; but if you have the dough then buy it)

I have two of these 824's (one in Mexico, one in L.A.) they work great and have the whiz bang star trek lights for the night time disco fever (it actually comes with a cover for people that must have complained about the lights)

I had major issues with D-link fwiw.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I got dlink and it sucks, I wanted to go buy a linksys, but its not worth it. the dlink works, just not right

Comment

thanks guys..i picked up a dlink wireless n last nite....it was on sale and i had a $10 gift card so that was close to expire so i just bought it..and it works good for me lol

but i notice that the connection is "unsecure" and that just about anyone with wi-fi can get on it...how do i set it up so that one has to "login" to connect cuz i dont want random people getting on...do i need a software? or am i missing a step...?
            -Frank
            1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
            1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
            2001 525i

Comment

the trendnet router took a crap, so ponied up for a d-link wbr-2310 which is a 108mbps G router. Took under 5 minutes to set up, working fine.

e30 pilot, point your browser to 192.168.0.1 (from a wired computer, not a wireless connected one, this is important) login, then go to wireless, make a wpa passphrase. The router will restart, disconnect your wireless clients (laptop) and have them refind the network, click connect on the client, then put in the passphrase on the client end.

Comment

Working...
              X