Question about a UPS delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about a UPS delivery

My new S03's are coming tomorrow from TireRack via UPS, and I'm proabably going to be at work when they come. Usually, they just drop off whatever I'm getting on my front porch, but sometimes I have had them leave the little note that says they missed me, and that it's back at the distribution hub. I'm wondering since it's a set of tires, will they leave them, or leave me a ticket to come and pick them up? What differentiates them leaving the package or not?

Secondly, if they do leave them, if I left them a note saying that I wanted them to leave them inside the gate to my backyard on the side of the house, will they put them back there? I really don't want a $400 set of performance tires sitting on my front porch until I get home.

I think it depends if the sender requires a signature. For tires, I think that they would just leave them, but you could always leave a note and I don't see why they wouldn't mind putting them somewhere a little more concealed. Can't hurt to leave a note either way, whether they need a signature or not.

Comment

I could run by your house on my lunch Josh as see if they came.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
        I could run by your house on my lunch Josh as see if they came.
        If you want to, that would be cool. They come at very random times, so I'm not sure when they'll be here. The tracking number shows the delivery for 01/16, which is tomorrow. I just made up a note to leave on the front door, I wouldn't imagine there would be any problem. If they don't leave them, I'll just have to go pick them up, which is just a PITA is all.

Comment

Ohh good idea - and could you post your address - I'll run by and "see if they are there too"

"um hello? yea, nope - no tires here" - SCREEEAAACCCCHHHHH!!!!!

Leave a big ass note on the door. "UPS Guys, please don't leave anypackages at my door today" - that's what I've done.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
            Leave a big ass note on the door. "UPS Guys, please don't leave anypackages at my door today" - that's what I've done.
            They have to leave them at some point, how would I get them? I'd rather they left them than having to go pick them up, it's a huge pain in the ass having to go down there. They're all morons down at the hub. I'm sure they can leave them inside the gate.

Comment

Yeah, just tell them to leave them behind a gate, or somewhere they can reach easily. Of course hope that they take the note with them, or people dont read it and look there after they do. Extra security of course, but none of it is fool proof. If you know your neighbors and anybody will be home sometimes you can redirect UPS to their house, as long as they can expect it. Ive done that before once.

Comment

hey I thought your UPS guy didnt show up till like 5:30-6 oclock. anyway they dont put tires in boxes (normaly) so I would leave a note to put em behind the gate in the back yard. I have done this a few times and they have done it for me.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  hey I thought your UPS guy didnt show up till like 5:30-6 oclock.
                  I got two different packages this last weekend (one Friday, one Saturday). One arrived at 11:45 AM and the other at 11:30 AM. He might get lucky.

Comment

All 5 or 6 sets of tires I bought from Tire Rack were sitting on my front porch when I got home at night.
                    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                    e30 restoration and V8 swap
                    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

I am fairly certain they will leave them. Unless the sender requests signature, or you live in certain areas (i.e., not so nice neighborhood), they are supposed to leave them.

Every time I have ordered tires from discount tire, they leave them in front of my garage.

Leave a note large enough that he will notice it, asking him to put it in the back.

My UPS guy takes things around back and puts them on our screened porch if he believes they are of value, or if the weather is crummy.
                      Current Cars
                      2014 M235i
                      2009 R56 Cooper S
                      1998 M3
                      1997 M3

Comment

With big purchases like this you should just have them shipped to your work. Most companies are cool with that and then you know there will be someone there to sign for it or just receive it. You can take them home and everyone is happy.

On a more now moment, you should be able to leave a note to have him leave them around back with no problem. If a signature is not required (and I don't think TireRack requires) then it is up to the driver whether or not he will leave them cause it is his ass if they show up missing without a sig. If he can leave it around back then he usually will cause he doesn't want to cart those tires around all day, then the next, and the next.
                        sigpic

Comment

Or better yet develop a repoire with your Parts drivers. That way they they can call you to leave them in the back yard or come at a better time suited to you.

I know my UPS and Fed Ex guys and they try to work around my schedule.

Comment

If its a signature required package, its not likely they'd leave it anywhere, even if you left a note saying put them in the back yard. If its no signature required, I don't see it being a problem if you leave a note and they have easy access to get back there.

I usually have stuff delivered to my work as well though. Always someone to sign for it and I know its safe, and not sitting on my front porch in the ghetto. I had my $700 lens delivered at work yesterday, no way in hell would I leave that outside.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Tire Rack shipments are always left at my garage door. Depending on what kind of UPS guy you have, he may put it elsewhere if instructed.

Comment

Working...
                              X