300 sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
    James shut the fuck up. You're just looking for an excuse to name drop your home theater. The movie was incredible by the way.
    1) The movie looks stupid
    2) Its my opinion that it looks stupid, so kiss my ass
    3) I know somebody who is a projectionist, and he said it himself that it does not look all that great on the big screen
    4) The movie looks stupid
    5) It uses the same special effects as Sky Caption, which looked like pure shit on the big screen, and great on High Def.
    6) My home theater can't even do 1080p, I was talking about viewing it on my fucking computer. Based off the fact that the 1080P trailer on Apple Movie trailers looked fairly decent in quality.

Go back to delivering pizzas, and either grow a pair or stop acting like mr tough guy on the internet.
    Last edited by James Crivellone; 03-09-2007, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
      lmoa, wow, snooty response.
      as for me, i'll wait till they start re-releasing movies on VHS and watch it at home then.
      Not snooty at all, I just don't think its worth seeing in theaters, then again I hate older style non-stop action fighting movies, after 10 min it just gets repetitive.

Plus it has that older kinda blur visual effect that i cannot stand, similar to sky captain, king kong, etc.

If I am placed in a position to go see it I may, but the trailer left me saying...great..just a newer style Gladiator with a few sex scenes and random plot.

But shit if thats ur thing go see it :p

Comment

Posting before I retire to sleep from the laptop.

best movie i've seen in the last 5 years, easily. Breathtaking special effects, looks great on triple DLP projection, sounds amazing, great story and great acting all throughout

5 stars.
        Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
        Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
          3) I know somebody who is a projectionist, and he said it himself that it does not look all that great on the big screen
          5) It uses the same special effects as Sky Caption, which looked like pure shit on the big screen, and great on High Def.
          6) My home theater can't even do 1080p, I was talking about viewing it on my fucking computer. Based off the fact that the 1080P trailer on Apple Movie trailers looked fairly decent in quality.

Go back to delivering pizzas, and either grow a pair or stop acting like mr tough guy on the internet.
          Youre friend was wrong.

Comment

Suckers, I have a 52" 1080P LCD........well, my Dad does, I'm broke :)

300 looks awesome.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

I gotta say man.. it looks amazing on triple dlp projection, I don't care what your friend said :p
              Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
              Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

'nuff said

Comment

300 does not suck.

At all.

And James, you said that it uses the same visual effects as Sky Captain, not true. It looks that way from the trailer, but the whole movie isn't like that.

I was blown away, this movie kicked serious ass. The battle sequences (which are pretty much the whole movie) are amazing, and every character is brilliantly acted and perfectly cast. Great movie.

Comment

i was just fucking with you haha
                    sigpic

Comment

Good to hear, I wanted to see this tonight but it was sold out at the Cinetopia. I'll try to see it eventually but I rarely get out to movies anymore.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen View Post
                        I'm seeing it at midnight tonight at Seattle's Cinerama :) All digital theatre owned by paul allen ftw
                        I miss living in Belltown. That theater was like a 5 minute walk.

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                        On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                        BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

Originally posted by JJe30 View Post
                          Good to hear, I wanted to see this tonight but it was sold out at the Cinetopia. I'll try to see it eventually but I rarely get out to movies anymore.
                          I went to the first showing today at 11:15, my boss took me and the other 2 guys I work with to see it on our lunch.

I hate going to movies anymore because of all the stupid fucking high school kids that won't SHUT THE FUCK UP and/or stop texting their friends for 2 hours. It's all good though, at the shop, we have a full theater room with a 6' x 4' screen, an HD DVD player, an Epson 1080p projector, and 2 sets of 3-seat leather theater recliners that I can use whenever I want. The sound is better than a movie theater, too. And I can drink.

Comment

k, 300 was disgusting (in a very good way) i was blown away by the visuals. after i got over the grainy look (ala sin city) it was just sick. the fight scenes were awesome, the story was very well done. i say itll be one of the better movies this year.

Comment

6) My home theater can't even do 1080p, I was talking about viewing it on my fucking computer..
                              Weak..

Comment

Eeeeasily the best movie ever, by far. Forever. I had this strange urge afterwords to shove a spear through a throat.
                                '91 318is
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X