Think it's racist to say...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wRek View Post
    You've proven that arguing with you is completely pointless.

You probably hate all Arabs too, don't you?
    HAha, you wish idiot. So, you just realized I love starting shit, or was that last week? INTERNZT SERIOUS BISSNIS

Comment

Are you at all reading what I have posted my last two posts? I have never once said that the United States is completely dependant on these other countries. What I have said is that many Americans ARE dependant on the products of those countries.

I know my heritage. I'm not saying that they didn't work hard, or that the hispanic/spanish immigrants to this country deserve free hand-outs. But when you get a bunch of people sitting around talking about how annoyed they are with spanish people not speaking english... It strikes a bit of a soft spot, considering that my family LIVES in Costa Rica. I have a very large problem with the very hypocritical attitude that many Americans have towards the people of foreign countries.
      Why don't you take your stupid ass back to Costa Rica if you love it so much, jackhole.

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
        Lol. Ethanol. Another liberal joke. And so what if my boycott is not radial? Do you hear me asking you to join? At least I am not pushing Spanish on you and making you push 1.
        Oh, I see now. You are Mr. Political. Well, I don't argue politics. I didn't understand your last statement.

BTW: the "am I asking you to join, believe, pray, vote" statement is classic.... I didn't mean for you to take it personal. Just discussing things.

Comment

Why don't you take your stupid ass back to Costa Rica if you love it so much, jackhole.
          Because I have a well paying job working for the federal government, a wife, and a daughter. The move wouldn't make sense for me.

Comment

Because I have a well paying job working for the federal government, a wife, and a daughter. The move wouldn't make sense for me.
            Obviously, but you can trash this wonderful country. Great.

Comment

The original post mentions Teddy Roosevelt. He also made statements that were outright racist against the Japanese and advocated for not allowing them to immigrate at all. Here's another quote: "We are therefore faced by the fact that our people will not tolerate, and ought not to tolerate, the presence among them of large bodies of Japanese; and that so long as they are here in large bodies there is always chance either of violence on the part of mobs or of indiscreet and improper action by the legislative bodies of the Western states under demagogic influence. Furthermore, in Hawaii the Japanese already many times outnumber the whites, and have shown on more than one recent occasion a spirit both truculent and insolent.
              In Hawaii the trouble is primarily due to the shortsighted greed of the sugar planters and of the great employers generally, who showed themselves incapable of thinking of the future of their children and anxious only to make fortunes from estates tilled by coolie labor."

Comment

Thats okay, the sugar industry crumbled and the white guys came back and stole everything anyway.

Comment

Obviously, but you can trash this wonderful country. Great.
                  How did I trash this country? I simply trashed a majority of it's inhabitants.

Comment

Oh the ignorance of the general American population.

"I say immigants have to speak the language BEFORE they are allowed to enter the other country." - joshh

Okay, you are no longer allowed to vacation anywhere outside the United States.

Do you people not realize that for every "illegal immigrant who makes no effort to learn our language", there are just as many or EVEN MORE legal WHITE americans who make no effort to keep a job or even properly speak english? You want to talk about how wrong it is for spanish people to not speak english... I say it's twice as bad that we have so many people who still cannot spell, use proper grammar, or even use words properly in a basic sentence.

All of you who say that those hispanics who should learn english or get the fuck out, should never go on vacation to anywhere south of the United States ever again... Because the people of Mexico, Central, and South America dislike you just as much as you dislike them.

Americans go on vacation and move to countries south of our border every year(more and more in the past decade), and they try very little at all to learn the language of the countries they are living in. They go to the store, and get frustrated when the workers don't speak english... You are in their country now, why don't you speak spanish?

Honestly, it pisses me off beyond belief the ignorance of some people in this country. I was born and raised mostly in the United States, and am of Irish/German descent. But my mother has lived in Costa Rica for the past 4 years, and every time I go to visit I see it more and more. Stupid Americans who think that every visitor and immigrant to the US should know english... But then they wonder why their youth should learn spanish.
                    I also don't like the Americans who think the world should cater to them, but that's different than saying you wan't the people in your country to speak english as an official language. That in no way prohibits people from speaking their traditional language in their own circles. The real issue is that we like to think of ourselvs as a "melting pot" of various cultures and ethnicities, however it's really of no benefit to this country to be a "melting pot" if we can't share our cultures and ideas with eachother. It really is almost impossible to get to know eachother when you don't speak the same language. I think we could all agree to that. So the question is,"Do you want to get to know your American neighbor?". If so, then you need to speak the same language. So the next question is,"Who should make the effort to learn the other persons language?". I'd say the onus of learning a new language falls on the people comming into a place, not the people who are already there. So what I'm saying is that if you immigrate to a place, any place, you should make the effort to get to know the people who are already there. Which means make the effort to learn their language. Having said that, I think most latin Americans and immigrants in general DO make the effort to learn english.

Comment

Originally posted by chucko View Post
                      "Do you want to get to know your American neighbor?". If so, then you need to speak the same language.
                      Realistically, we all know that question needs to be posed to the general American public. Without even considering most of the comments, ideas and thoughts within this post, it's not "Americans" but people who represent this despise of immigrants, whether learned/adopted on their own or through the media's brainwashing of the masses, that don't want anything to do with those who have migrated here. That's reality.

Furthermore, I imagine most people here are young so it shows that this manner of coining the problem "immigrants" instead of seeing the much larger picture, which truthfully lies with government, will not soon be dropped...

Comment

the Africans are not here demanding that we speak one of their languages or waving African flags around.
                        The latinos arent demanding anything. When did they do that?? And since when can a proud people not wave any of their native countries flag in the US? The Irish have no problem with the Irish pride parades on the east coast, the Italians and Polacs dont have any problems having their own neighborhoods and having their parades and such. Trent youre really starting to sound borderline ignorant.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                        1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                        1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowFiend View Post
                          I believe a large percentage of illegal immigrants don't speak English because they choose not to learn it. That in itself is disrespectful to this country and its residents.
                          Complete bullshit. You may believe this buyt its not true. Has no one listened to anything Ive said? I work with these people every fucking day and have a repor with them and can personally guarantee that they love learning the language and have no problems speaking it. They are proud to speak English

Originally posted by SnowFiend View Post
                          Also, I have a beef with illegal and legal immigrants alike because when they had their walkouts last year they waved Mexican flags. If they wanted the public support, they should have shown that they indeed live in the United States and are greatful for the opportunity by waving the flag of their new country. I wouldn't ask them to forget their culture, but merely become a functioning part of ours.
                          VERY TRUE!!! You are 100% corect on this point. This is why this year for the rally they chose to have American flags instead of their country of origin. That was very stupid and didnt make any sense.

Trent- Youre sounding more and more racist, foo. About boycotting those nations products. Im from Argentina (South America), are you gonna stop being one of my best friends too?

Mariano

Comment

Originally posted by White Nightmare View Post
                            Dude this Country was built and founded without any form of assistance from any of those countries.
                            Outright wrong. Why dont you read about our involvement in the Panama Canal, the Dole fruit company and our influence there, our illegal acquisitions of the west coast and the southwest so we can have both coasts, our conatsnt undermining of democratically elected officials througout the americas to suit our own interests and economy, our support of COMMUNIST forces in El Salvador during the cold war to depose a Gvmnt that didnt favor us. How our government makes a point of tipping the tables as far to their side as they can so that they can subsist while leaving the other countries in squalor. Theres a reason we became the "best and most powerful" country in the world. But at least have enough wits to know what youre talking about.

Mariano

Comment

Originally Posted by SnowFiend
                              Also, I have a beef with illegal and legal immigrants alike because when they had their walkouts last year they waved Mexican flags.

I agree with this, mainly of how it looks to the rest of people, Mexicans as well. What I think happens is instead of the fundamental issue being addressed it always get's turned into this Americans against Mexicans or Americans against whomever thing... In turn, those people unite and with that comes the pride of those people and of course flags. We all know that. It's only human but we all end up seeing it spinned and taylored towards the hype, not towards the true issue at hand.

The other day, me and my lady, who is Mexican American (her parents obtained their resident cards upon coming here) were at Ross. She found some shoes that she really liked. Once we turned towards the line it was long as hell, full of Mexicans and she decided to just leave as opposed to siiting in line waiting. I turned to her and told her, "see, as light as this example may seem, I want to bring to light that good immigration laws are a good thing" Most of them were probably (and I know this will sound fucked up) looked illegal and caused her to sway from what she wanted, earned and decided she wanted. Now I know, while I can't find a term for this example, most of you might not catch my point. The major issue with immigrants and immigration in our present time is that there is no good and structured legislation and upholding of it. Everything in moderation and right now shit is trully messed up. We all suffer, EVEN immigrants do.

Comment

OOOO man this thread got crazy!!! Well I am just basing my experience off what I live with and what I have experienced over the past 24 years of my life. I think learning another language is great and really helps you grow as a person. I have encountered people who come to this country and don't speak our language. I don't think most of them do it on purpose but I can see how natives here get upset. I have worked with many Spanish only speaking immigrants and they work there ass off, when I had a chance I would learn some more Spanish and teach them some English. It never seemed to me like they were to lazy or just didn't want to assimilate rather in my experience never had someone help them learn. I think everyone is looking to deep into this and brought out a lot of negative bad things. It just makes life easier if you brake the language barrier, as stated previously if you spoke the nations language you could probably get a better paying job and blah blah blah.

Comment

Working...
                                X