Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Workshop Thread

Just got done doing a thorough cleaning of our shop and snapped a few pics:

It was originally all sealed up under the foundation (It's actually right underneath our front porch), but when we bought the house, someone had already opened it up and put in a few lights. You can see in the first picture where they cut through the bricks. At that time, it was just dirt and a bunch of rock, so we dug it all out and poured a concrete floor, ran electric for all the outlets, put in all the neon lights, and built basically what you see. It's 6' wide 24' long, and it is PACKED full.

So, what does your work shop look like?

I've spent a lot of time in that shop. :D I'd like to add that this is where ALL of the work done on my bumper swap was done.

Andrew's dad has every fucking tool known to man.

Comment

Awesome shop for sure. I guess you need something like that when you drive an MG. ;-)
      Originally posted by Simon S
      When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDuper View Post
        Awesome shop for sure. I guess you need something like that when you drive an MG. ;-)
        Meh, I've worked on Josh's car more then my car, so...

Comment

You can see my shop in my sig.
          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

these have my car in them but you can kind of see the garage mahal. it normally is a shithole but i spent the weekend cleaning it up so i could work. im really a slob most times but i know where most things are

We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
              it normally is a shithole but i spent the weekend cleaning it up so i could work. im really a slob most times but i know where most things are
              I can understand that. Before I cleaned, I think there where more tools lying on the bench then there was in the tool box(s).

Comment

these have my car in them but you can kind of see the garage mahal. it normally is a shithole but i spent the weekend cleaning it up so i could work. im really a slob most times but i know where most things are

Holy Shit, its clean!!!!! Is that leaky (thull) talking to you in the first picture?
                Originally posted by Simon S
                When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Nice place, nigga.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Crappy shot of mine just after installing the lift about 2 years ago.

The wives car and my fuh razemobil. I've done lots of work to both since the picture was taken.

Keith

Comment

Where I do most of the work on my cars and motorcycles

My dads MG hords the one side so I only have half the garage. I push it out when I need more room.
                      Its got a horse-shit lift. Great for oil changes and wheel swaps but id rather be on jackstands for anything else. It works though, Ive rebuilt 2 E30s and done a buch of suspension work an friends cars there.

then we have a Poll Barn. Storage basically. stone floor, tons of lights though
                      Great for detailing. My dad keeps his S4, Bobcat and Farm All in there.

[IMG]
                      http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i837400_fhd004.jpg[/IMG]

I cant complain though. Ive got tons of space compared to some people at least all my cars can stay inside.

Hunter
                      We're out there in here.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDuper View Post
                        Holy Shit, its clean!!!!! Is that leaky (thull) talking to you in the first picture?
                        no thats kyle. the dude who owns this

sales@blunttech.com
                        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
                          Crappy shot of mine just after installing the lift about 2 years ago.

The wives car and my fuh razemobil. I've done lots of work to both since the picture was taken.

Keith
                          is that a scissors type lift and what do you have to do to get up on it?

sales@blunttech.com
                          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

is that a scissors type lift and what do you have to do to get up on it?
                            Yes it is a scissor type. The front and rear sections (the rear has a ramp to drive up on it) stay stationary and the center rises. The hydraulic rams are under the center sections so there is nothing in the way while you are under the car.
                            I got it for free.
                            You can kind of see what I'm talking about here

Keith

Comment

Looking at Blunt's 2002 makes me realize that even back then other auto manufacturers were borrowing design cues and nuances from BMW. The first thing that came to my mind was those tail lights that are very similar to what they had on early fords.

Comment

Working...
                              X