No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been looking at a H & K P2000 for my next pistol purchase. Have any of you guys had any experience with them ? So far I have not found out to much personal experience on the gun and was looking for some input on it. TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
      A M16 full auto will run you anywhere from $12k to $15k and I have seen HK MP5's run over $20k.

Any other questions?

Wow. Why do they cost so much? Is it possible to modify a generic AR to fire full auto?

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
      You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Ive herd good things about that gun and fits in small hands. I picked up one this past weekend and loved the way it felt. I have never fired one nor seen one at the private range I shoot at. Try to rent one at a local range and see if it fits your liking. I was just reading over on AR15.com and they also seem to like it even in the 357sig round. Texas Law enforcement loves it because it penetrates auto glass and metal doors. And its a HK so you really cant go wrong. Ill try to get some more feedback on it for ya...
        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by madjurgen View Post
          Wow. Why do they cost so much? Is it possible to modify a generic AR to fire full auto?

Yup its really not that hard to do but it cost you 10 years and $250,000 fine if caught. Full auto was banned in 86 so if your a young guy you might not remember seeing them in the stores. When I was in high school I would walk into a gun store after work and finger fuck them all day long. They went for the standard $600-800 each. Mak-10 went for about $400 and Styer Augs went for $800. Just try to find that price anymore.

The deal is if you want one you have to buy one from before that 86ban. People do not want to sell them and when they do, the command the money. Supply and demand. And with the way gun laws are about to get they are only getting in higher demand.

Things to buy before the new election would be

any new AR lower with 30 round mags,
          the new AUG us made
          F2000
          P90
          AK's
          etc...
          you know the guns people would cry about and Tons of AMMO to feed them. Switzerland just banned ammo completely. They could not stop the guns so they banned the ammo. With out that a gun is a worthless hammer.

Get things while you can because your kids will not have that luxury to.

That is why you do not see my car with the S50 motor that I have sitting in the shop. Im spending money on other things!!!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

COOL THANKS !! I wonder if it is possible to swap .40 and .357 barrels in say a .357 model p2000 ? I know other guns this is possible but have heard H & K does not recommend it. I have felt one at a show several weeks ago but the ranges I goto, do not have it for rent either. I have to agree it does feel great, unlike some guns, and I was really wanting something a little different as well. Thanks for looking into some feedback on it if you can.

Comment

hey all

i want to join the club. partly for protection, somewhat for fun, but mostly because I got a huge Christmas bonus this year. lookin for a pistol. one of my co-workers is stressing .45 ("do you want a man stopper or a man killer?" he says). anyway, looking around and seeing what fits my hand well, i really like the sig p226. any suggestions or reads would be appreciated.
              sigpic

Comment

some will hate me for saying this but I say this for the sheer fact its the truth. You are looking for something fun something for protection. Well in protection you are wanting something that will not fail no matter what prediction you might be in. Well there is really only one gun that will will fit that better than other as far as pistols. And thats a Glock. Sure it feels funny and not fully metal. But it runs no matter what you throw at it. The 226 is a fine pistol, and HK's are super nice. The 1911 frame is mostly sought after but with torture test they seem to fail before the glocks do.

As for your first weapon and the one that will be there for you no matter what, its really hard to beat a Glock. As far as 45 being the "mans" gun. A 22lr can kill you just as fast. In the news this week a man was shot in the chest after he found out his neighbor was banging his GF. He barges into the house and the guy shoots him 1 time in the chest and the guy takes 9 steps and falls to his death. Its all about shot placement.

As that goes, the full frame Glocks in my opinion are a bit to big. I say for your first gun and was mine was the Glock 19. Up to 17 rounds +1, 9mm common round to find anywhere, and enough stopping power to kill a human. They run you about $450 to $500 new and the best add on is more mags and more ammo. Maybe night sights. But the more you shoot the better you are. Take classes, and practice. And shoot some more. With ammo prices the way they are 9mm is the best thing going. It will take you about 1000 to 2000 rounds to get good with your weapon. Learn it use it and use it more. Your not going to wear them out.

If you find you like shooting and want to progress, then get into something like the Sigs, HK's, and the 1911's.

But as your first weapon and something that your life will rely on, get something that has a proven track record and dont listen to the hype and the Glock haters. Most of them have never shot a Glock, or dont give it a chance. There is a reason for the majority of the police officers carry them. No its not the discount they get. I know for a fact what the cops pay for them and there really is not that big of a mark up.

But go to a range and find out what fits well for you. The glock will feel odd compared to others but if my life depended on it, I will reach for my 19 over any other pistol that I own!

Fire suit on!

Try this with any other gun, dare you!
                Expert guides and deeply researched reviews to help you get prepared for emergencies without wasting time or money.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                  some will hate me for saying this but I say this for the sheer fact its the truth. You are looking for something fun something for protection. Well in protection you are wanting something that will not fail no matter what prediction you might be in. Well there is really only one gun that will will fit that better than other as far as pistols. And thats a Glock. Sure it feels funny and not fully metal. But it runs no matter what you throw at it. The 226 is a fine pistol, and HK's are super nice. The 1911 frame is mostly sought after but with torture test they seem to fail before the glocks do.

As for your first weapon and the one that will be there for you no matter what, its really hard to beat a Glock. As far as 45 being the "mans" gun. A 22lr can kill you just as fast. In the news this week a man was shot in the chest after he found out his neighbor was banging his GF. He barges into the house and the guy shoots him 1 time in the chest and the guy takes 9 steps and falls to his death. Its all about shot placement.

As that goes, the full frame Glocks in my opinion are a bit to big. I say for your first gun and was mine was the Glock 19. Up to 17 rounds +1, 9mm common round to find anywhere, and enough stopping power to kill a human. They run you about $450 to $500 new and the best add on is more mags and more ammo. Maybe night sights. But the more you shoot the better you are. Take classes, and practice. And shoot some more. With ammo prices the way they are 9mm is the best thing going. It will take you about 1000 to 2000 rounds to get good with your weapon. Learn it use it and use it more. Your not going to wear them out.

If you find you like shooting and want to progress, then get into something like the Sigs, HK's, and the 1911's.

But as your first weapon and something that your life will rely on, get something that has a proven track record and dont listen to the hype and the Glock haters. Most of them have never shot a Glock, or dont give it a chance. There is a reason for the majority of the police officers carry them. No its not the discount they get. I know for a fact what the cops pay for them and there really is not that big of a mark up.

But go to a range and find out what fits well for you. The glock will feel odd compared to others but if my life depended on it, I will reach for my 19 over any other pistol that I own!

Fire suit on!

Try this with any other gun, dare you!
                  http://www.theprepared.com/index.php...iew&id=90&Item

No need for a firesuit Vedubin01 on your statement. I completely concur with everything you said to e30sd. You can not go wrong with a Glock. I recently traded off my Para Ordinance P13 limited (.45) on the Sig P226 Equinox (.40 & .357) because it was just not reliable at all. The Para was a nice gun and all but for me to depend on it for safety and protection I just could not do it. The damn thing was always locking the slide open when shooting. It didn't matter what magazine I used (the old rebuilt ones or the new ones) at least once (somtimes twice) on any magazine used the slide would lock open. I even rebuilt the springs in the gun and had a gunsmith look into it more. Nothing could be found what was causing the issue. To me I could not depend on the Para if needed and since I traded it on the Sig, I started carrying my Glock 33 (.357) since it has never let me down, EVER ! and the Sig P226 is a little big for concealed carry use.

E30sd you can not go wrong with a Glock and if you are new or somewhat new to guns, I would work my way into the hotter calibers and start off with a 9mm. Also if you can pick up a 22lr semi auto it will help you learn alot on shooting semi autos without making you to skidish while shooting for your first time. Plus they are cheap to shoot and with proper shot placement they will put a man down as well. The Walther P22 pictured above in one of my posts is a great little shooter. It cost me new in the two tone finish $279 plus fees and taxes. And the Walther P22 was one of the guns used by that idiot in the Virginia Tech shootings too. But I would definately not start out with a .45, .40, .357 sig for a first gun for sure. If you go with a glock dont start out with a subcompact series as well. The smaller frame is IMHO a little more to handle for a first time shooter. Go with the mid size frame Glocks for best result as the full size glocks are a bit big as vedubin01 said.

Comment

wow I'm glad my grammar teacher did not read what I wrote. That is horrible. But hope you get what I had to say. I enjoy the sport and shoot often. I hate to see people lead down the wrong way because of something they herd.

Good luck and post pics when you get your new tool!

Comment

but the .45 1911 just feels soo good....
                      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

great weapon as long as its a name quality gun. But not fun to carry a full size around. You give your conceal ability away.

But yeah I love them as well!

Comment

I love my .45 Colt Commander (customized by Novak's), but for reliability it's hard to beat a Glock (I don't like the feel of a Glock). Sigs are sweet too.

Comment

a 1911 is not a good first gun for anyone unless they intend to spend a lot of time and ammo training.

Get something with a heavier trigger to start with.

Legal full autos are expensive because they were all made before 1986, hence there is a finite supply.

The P2000 is a fine gun, but it costs more than a Glock 19, has a higher bore axis, the trigger is marginal to me, and mags cost way too much...my .02
                            BEERTECH

Comment

Ruger P-95DC 9mm, It may be ugly, but it is reliable. I've fired hundreds of rounds in a day without a single missfire or jam.

some Spanish 410 and old Bay State 12ga.

Attached Files
                              Last edited by trashcop 80s 80s; 12-15-2007, 05:43 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Kel-tec P11 9mm, hard chrome, belt clip. I just finished up the full fluff & buff plus a trigger polish. Performs like a $400 gun, but I only paid $250, I am extremely satisfied with it. Perfect for concealment.

Attached Files
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X