No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you like the Sig? I was looking at picking one up in the next year or so. Either that or a Diamondback.

Originally posted by mightywhitey
    WHITE PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM POLAR BEARS AND IRAN.

Comment

^
      Sig 250 is not something I really dig, I not a fan of the sig Tupperware guns (yes I have shot one, didnt feel right to me at all), If you buy Sig its 220, 226 or 229 thats where the tried true and legendary sig reputation has been earned. The 250 is a ploy to pander to the those that think they need a plastic gun.

if your buying a tupperwear weapons its HK or Glock really but the New Springfield XD/XDm are making great strides and I know guys that love them as well. I am just not as sold on them as others. I prefer SIG and HK myself.

Moral of the post, If buying a Sig buy a metal one.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Umm thats not a P250, its the P238 pocket carry. Not a single plastic bit on that gun, only the bullet has some rubber. But agreed on composite guns though ;)

I chose pistol scope because that is the only legitimate way of mounting glass on a Mosin, those dinky picatiny mounts out there will never hold zero for long with that much recoil.

As far as how I like that sig? Fucking LOVE IT. Best pocket gun I shot PERIOD. If the diamond back is anything like the LCP or Keltec, Id run away now. Only drawback to the sig is that it doesnt contain a single plastic part, therefore its a few ounces heavier then the LCP etc....So you cant really pocket it with basketball shorts like you can with the LCP. Oh did I mention its retarded accurate? SAO trigger was the selling point, if you shoot a lot and have proper discipline, SAO carry is best. Those DAO triggers are god aweful.
        Last edited by Tchao; 08-29-2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

^

LoL yeah 238 is a awesome Pistol, LOL stupid me for looking at it at a glance and oh a 250 mehhhh. Agreed that sigs DAO is horrid but I hate single action Carry, cocked and locked is just not me.

I figured thats why you had pistol glass on there. The old school russian glass mounts hold zero better than you would think though.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

No sir, you misread my post, if you think Sig's dao triggers are bad, try a LCP or Keltec pocket carry ;)
            I was also referencing the aftermarket scope mounts for the Mosin. Are you talking about the AK style side mount?

Comment

I like the 232's for pocket carry my self, but 99% of the time I have a full size 220 on my hip DA/SA is where its at IMO. Like I said condition 1 is just not something I really like doing, if that was the case I would carry a 1911 all the time over the 220. I have shot a LCP and I am used to the DA pull on Sigs and lol that Ruger feels like its got more sand in the trigger group than miami beach in comparison. But the Sig DAO's are still just ehhh even compared to the DA/SA DA pull (at least the ones I have shot anyway)

Yeah not really sure if its the AK style, but there is a weaver side mount out there that I am 99% sure is what a very good friend of mine is running on his Finn, that bolts to the receiver and it holds zero very very well

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                Like I said condition 1 is just not something I really like doing, if that was the case I would carry a 1911 all the time over the 220.
                I was the same way when I first got my carry permit. I wouldn't even carry a round in the chamber on my G27, it totally freaked me out. I carried around my 1911 for a week with a snap cap in the chamber and never had an issue with the safety working itself off or the hammer dropping and I've been carrying condition 1 ever since. Shit I even found myself carrying a j-frame AIWB and frequently the barrel would get a little close for comfort to my gigglebits when seated. I've since switched to a 3-4 o' clock position. I might be confident in the safety designs of modern production firearms, but I can't seem to convince my balls to stare down the barrel of a .357 just yet...

I must say, if I wasn't carrying a 1911, I would probably be carrying a Sig 220-229 da/sa with the SRT trigger. I really do miss my 229 SCT for that trigger. Fastest, most accurate gun I had.

Comment

Oh I have done it, I just dont like it. 220 with one in the pipe is where its at for me.

William Pitt-

Comment

Just acquired a Glock 21 .45, I only have a 27 round mag for it, not to useful.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

^
                      Unless its Z-Day

William Pitt-

Comment

lol its almost obnoxious.

I'll take a few pics later, but it's nothing to look at glocks are ugly.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Went shooting today further up North from Phoenix. Had a great time! Got to shoot my AR15 and my USP a bit more which was nice. My buddy brought out his converted Saiga 12.. wow so much fun to shoot!!! he has the 20rd drum and its so awesome to just blast off 20rds as fast as you can.

I also got to shoot this kids, who asked if he could share our "lane", AR10. Its crazy how different shooting with an optic is than shooting with my back up sights. I want something in .308 now :p

I also open carried every where we went today, for the first time. It was a great feeling being able to do that :D. I got nervous when I walked by a cop at the gas station, because I normally have shitty luck with cops and was expecting a comment but he just looked at the gun and went about his day

it was a good day!
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^^America...FUCK YEAH!!
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
                              lol its almost obnoxious.

I'll take a few pics later, but it's nothing to look at glocks are ugly.
                              No way dude! Glocks are sexy. Let's see it
                              tasty

Comment

Glocks are sexy in the same way that Sigourney Weaver is sexy in Aliens; because she will fuck your shit up and then tuck you in at night with a smile and a lullaby.
                                Originally posted by george graves
                                If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Working...
                                X