Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
    I just saw brand new Federal M193 for $268 shipped for 1000 rounds.

Ammo prices due to the Iraq war winding down are coming back to somewhat normal prices.

Buy cheap and stack deep. It will not last long!
    Where did you see this deal? I'm getting an order together before the year's end...

Comment

Originally posted by CabrioPunk View Post
      Where did you see this deal? I'm getting an order together before the year's end...

FEDERAL 5.56 NATO M193 RIFLE AMMO - 1000rds for $265 shipped

Go here: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=9...0500&source=CJ

During Checkout in the first box (Promotional Code) type in "DFM", (Gives you 10% off)

In the second box (Coupon Authorization) type in "556555". (Lowers the price to $279.99 instead of $299.99)

Total shipped price is $264.93, which comes out to 26.5 cents per round.

Just placed my order and got confirmation.

ETA: Looks like the M193 is Sold Out.

But you can buy 2 cans of M855: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=4...Round-Ammo-Can

For $264.93 shipped

During Checkout in the first box (Promotional Code) type in "DFM"

In the second box (Coupon Authorization) type in "556556".
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

man that is a nice looking rifle! Makes me wanna hurry up and finish mine!

I think only thing i would switch out is the buis, i dont think i will be going with magpuls again on my sbr
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

have a question for all your Cali people, or anyone educated on the matter..

In about a year and a half I am planning on moving to California, not set in stone but its in the works.

What are the odds of me being able to bring my handguns, and 2 AR's? one of which will be sbr'd by then.. I keep coming across all sorts of jumbled, different information, and kind of would like to get a better idea of the whole thing

thanks!!

//Austin

Comment

I dont think you will be able to have the SBR as Ca is not NFA friendly and you will have to take some of the evil features off your scary looking guns
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Yeah that's what I was thinking.. Like that janky non pistol grip handle and such. 10rd mags. Yuck!!

I think I'd be better off taking what I can and leaving the rest with my brother

Comment

Or how about avoiding CA. All togeather ???
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Found this short cortical about how to shoot a hand gun by Massad Ayoob. Just wanted to share it. It answered some basic questions for me. I went to an out door range with my 1911 on Sunday and did some shooting at 25 yards. I found my shot went ether high an left or low and left if they did not hit center mas. I think I have my grip down, but I need to work on stance (which should not be hard because I have a martial arts back ground), and most importantly my trigger pull. I need to work on a smooth trigger pull. I feel like I am slapping the shit out of the trigger right now.

By Massad Ayoob Issue #85 • January/February, 2004 “I want you to do an article on how to shoot a handgun accurately,” Dave Duffy told me. “Make it 2,500 or 3,000 words.” Long ago, I would have answered, “Sure, and while I’m at it, how about a history of the world in, oh, 10,000 words […]

I am already thinking about my next gun.... ;)
                  Does anyone make an affordable version of the 1903 Springfield battle rifle? I would like one of those a lot. Otherwise I am thinking of a Remington 700 of some kind. My dream battle rifle is an M1 Garand, but I dont think I can afford one of those right now.
                  sigpic
                  "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                    Does anyone make an affordable version of the 1903 Springfield battle rifle? I would like one of those a lot. Otherwise I am thinking of a Remington 700 of some kind. My dream battle rifle is an M1 Garand, but I dont think I can afford one of those right now.

Thanks for the link...

I have a 1903 and it is a really fun gun to shoot with some good history behind it. But honestly I dont shoot it much. On the other hand I would LOVE to build me a Remington 700 5R so badly. And I would surely bring that out to the range every time. I have a heart for the M1 as well. Dont own one but would one day like to have one in my collection.

If you go the M1 route, this is still the best way to acquire one.

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                      Found this short cortical about how to shoot a hand gun by Massad Ayoob. Just wanted to share it. It answered some basic questions for me. I went to an out door range with my 1911 on Sunday and did some shooting at 25 yards. I found my shot went ether high an left or low and left if they did not hit center mas. I think I have my grip down, but I need to work on stance (which should not be hard because I have a martial arts back ground), and most importantly my trigger pull. I need to work on a smooth trigger pull. I feel like I am slapping the shit out of the trigger right now.

By Massad Ayoob Issue #85 • January/February, 2004 “I want you to do an article on how to shoot a handgun accurately,” Dave Duffy told me. “Make it 2,500 or 3,000 words.” Long ago, I would have answered, “Sure, and while I’m at it, how about a history of the world in, oh, 10,000 words […]

Good stuff from that greasy Ayoob feller. Power stance, high hand grip, check. I don't agree with the hard hold part unless you are shooting with one hand only. When you have both hands on the gun, your non trigger hand goes around the fingers of the trigger hand and provides the hard hold. with your trigger hand relaxed, you can operate the trigger faster with less movement of the gun, and less chance of trigger freeze.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by JinormusJ
                      Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                      1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                      1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                      1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                      1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenbeemer View Post
                        When you have both hands on the gun, your non trigger hand goes around the fingers of the trigger hand and provides the hard hold. with your trigger hand relaxed, you can operate the trigger faster with less movement of the gun, and less chance of trigger freeze.
                        Yeah, whole I was at the range this guy and I had a talk about this. He was shooting a built competition 1911, and gave me a bunch of tips. He said the same thing about relaxing your trigger hand and letting your non trigger hand do all the holding. Ayoob argues that when your non trigger hand is relaxed and your trigger finger pulls it automatically makes the rest of your hand move as well and pulls your gun off target. He says that if your trigger hand is already gripping it has no more room to contract and there fore will not pull your gun off target when you move your trigger finger. I think there is validity to both arguments. As he says in the short piece, you can talk about grip at the bar after a day of shooting but be prepared to buy at least three drinks before your done.
                        sigpic
                        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

one might assume you are already using the push pull style grip??

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            one might assume you are already using the push pull style grip??
                            Yes Sr.
                            sigpic

Comment

Anyone have any personal reviews of this rifle?

the Ruger GSR

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                Or how about avoiding CA. All togeather ???
                                it really all depends on the job market when i graduate. so we will see!

Comment

Working...
                                X