No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be sure to factor in shipping costs. For those in SOCAL can get you a guy. Legit 07 and he does custom.

Otherwise places like Armor for the east coast crowd, cheaper than dirt and some general google work.

I do know Aquilla in bulk runs well and is a little hotter than average which works well for breakin.

Classic runs some good prices on milspec stuff like 5.56, 7.62 and such.

Comment

Ammoengine.com
      I find they aren't always so accurate and typically end up with Ammoman.com . He ships from NJ.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        If thats a typo and you mean 5.56 /.223, that shits cheap. you can get a 1000 rounds of reloads for about 250 bucks and new for about 350ish for basic bulk ammo.

I just saw brand new Federal M193 for $268 shipped for 1000 rounds.

Ammo prices due to the Iraq war winding down are coming back to somewhat normal prices.

Buy cheap and stack deep. It will not last long!
        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

wow holy shit 268 a 1000 for NEW federal is really good price
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

definitely meant 5.57x28.

i want a 5-7 so badly. but it's just not a cheap gun to shoot. on par with a 45. it's also a pretty expensive gun.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
              definitely meant 5.57x28.

i want a 5-7 so badly. but it's just not a cheap gun to shoot. on par with a 45. it's also a pretty expensive gun.

Way overrated and you cant purchase the ammo that is worth a damn.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                Way overrated and you cant purchase the ammo that is worth a damn.
                yup the SS109 coded stuff was banned in the US because its claimed to be able to defeat body armor. AKA COP KILLER BULLETS
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

whats interesting is PTR91 has a PDW out now, chambered for 7.62x51. which can go through steel, trees, etc. if i was in the market for a PDW i'd look past the PS90 and get this.

Comment

there is a big difference, have you ever shot a 308 pistol? And if you have have you ever been able to get a good follow up shot?

doubtful!

That gun is just stupid unless you have plans on SBR'ing it.

Comment

^

that

I would love to have a SBR PS90

William Pitt-

Comment

An SBR AR15 with a 7.5" barrel 300 blackout is the way to go....

Basically a 5.56 casing stretched out with a 308 bullet.

Works wonders with the SBR AR's and has great ballistics. And numbers like 2700 fps.

Ammo manufactures are catching wind and are starting to make this a factory round.

With my MRP, I can just change the barrel and everything else works to shoot the 300blackout. Also there are companies now that can custom machine a regular barrel and make it an MRP for $150. That means Krieger and Noveske barrels can now be used in the MRP platform.

Comment

only rifle cartridge pistol ive shot was a target pistol in .22/250.

id imagine .308 would recoil much more that. . SBR'ing it would make it more practical, i agree on that. i still think its cool though.

also im not an intermidiate size cartrage fan. i like full size.

Comment

Well there you go dub, throwing a wrench in my planing again. :D I always take your advice and put it in the back of my mind, and in the course of figuring out what I am going to do you are spot on.

I am working on saving for a bigger purchase for a while, so nearly anything Fun is over with for the next year or 2 more than likely. Unless something forces my hand of course.

William Pitt-

Comment

I mean come on, this is a beauty!

Not mine....

Comment

I wish that was my SBR. I've been planning my next AR build, and I think I'm going the SBR route with a Mega monolithic upper. Still trying to decide on what caliber. I like sticking with 5.56 since I already have ammo stocked up, but I also like the idea of 6.8 or 300 blackout and diversifying my collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X