Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xAZxE30x View Post
    have a question for all your Cali people, or anyone educated on the matter..

In about a year and a half I am planning on moving to California, not set in stone but its in the works.

What are the odds of me being able to bring my handguns, and 2 AR's? one of which will be sbr'd by then.. I keep coming across all sorts of jumbled, different information, and kind of would like to get a better idea of the whole thing

thanks!!

//Austin
    Definite NO on SBRs in CA unless it's an original SBR that is also a C&R (I read it somewhere). If you get an SBR in AZ I say just leave it there. You can always come back to it.

Rey
    "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

Buy this book.

Originally posted by ///M0F01SD View Post
      Definite NO on SBRs in CA unless it's an original SBR that is also a C&R (I read it somewhere). If you get an SBR in AZ I say just leave it there. You can always come back to it.

Rey

Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
      Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
      Ground Control facebook page

Comment

How are the Oberland Arms OA-15's??
        -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Some new Christmas Toys. M4 and an M14

Horrible stance, but we were just messing around on his private land.

Last edited by Rsully70sev; 08-08-2012, 04:22 AM.

Comment

I will post pics of my glock 45, one of these days. Not now it's under my pillow!! SHHH don't tell the robbers.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

In before. Farb. :-)
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Just got my first hand gun. Its a Ruger P95 9mm that I got for amazingly cheap in the used section of a gun shop. I took it apart for a cleaning and it looks like its never been fired. The sold it to a guy in May who bought it for his wife. Its sort of a bulky gun so it didn't fit her hands and he sold it back to them. I have his original receipt too. It's a lower end handgun, but I have fired one at the range a few times and actually really like the way it feels. For my first real semiauto handgun I figured it was worth the little cash I have into it. Looking to get a .22 for plinking at the range sometime in the near future too.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                This is the internet. Just make something up.

Comment

Anyone know a place near LA I can take my Makarov to get nickle plated?
                  harry/harout

Comment

fucking fianlly, shit pictures too!! I have shaky ass hands.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by 5spoke View Post
                      Just got my first hand gun. Its a Ruger P95 9mm that I got for amazingly cheap in the used section of a gun shop. I took it apart for a cleaning and it looks like its never been fired. The sold it to a guy in May who bought it for his wife. Its sort of a bulky gun so it didn't fit her hands and he sold it back to them. I have his original receipt too. It's a lower end handgun, but I have fired one at the range a few times and actually really like the way it feels. For my first real semiauto handgun I figured it was worth the little cash I have into it. Looking to get a .22 for plinking at the range sometime in the near future too.

Inexpensive doesn't mean "cheap". Ruger makes very capable, strong, and simple (Not a lot of little parts) hand guns. The P series are every bit as reliable and "tough" as any glock. The only thing that holds them back is the limited amount of ammo they carry. Single stack mags FTL. That pistol will give you years of unquestionable service.

Comment

shit I would rather have a 9 or 22 compared to my 45, to expensive to shoot damnit.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by m73m95 View Post
                          Inexpensive doesn't mean "cheap". Ruger makes very capable, strong, and simple (Not a lot of little parts) hand guns. The P series are every bit as reliable and "tough" as any glock. The only thing that holds them back is the limited amount of ammo they carry. Single stack mags FTL. That pistol will give you years of unquestionable service.
                          Yeah I have been given shit for it by some of the gun snobs. But this gun is fantastic. I put a few hundred rounds through it tonight at the range and it shoots damn well. No jams using cheaper walmart ammo and shot exactly where I was aiming. Its has more capability than I do at this point.

I read a bunch of reviews about it before I actually got one and every person who actually owned one (Not just tried their friends or saw one at the range) said it was awesome. Biggest concerns were the large size grips but I have big hands so it feels great to me. I didnt mean to say it was a crappy gun, its probably one of the best values for a 9mm you can get. They actually make a 15 round mags for it now.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                          This is the internet. Just make something up.

Comment

I've found that many gun snobs are brand loyalist, elitist assbags. I don't know anyone that will dog on a ruger, especially when it comes to value. Only thing negative I've ever experienced with my rugers are that they are fucking lead weights lol. Nice purchase there 5spoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                              there is a big difference, have you ever shot a 308 pistol? And if you have have you ever been able to get a good follow up shot?

doubtful!

That gun is just stupid unless you have plans on SBR'ing it.
                              Yes, but it fired the slightly softer 7.62x39 round. most hilarious toy of all time. There's something about short barreled 308s that makes me giggle.

As for follow up shots, a sling helps a buttload.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                              Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
                                Some new Christmas Toys. M4 and an M14

Horrible stance, but we were just messing around on his private land.

Looking to get a Super Blackhawk in .45LC here at the next gunshow.
                                I love Virginia and its super lenient gun laws.
                                1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Working...
                                X