No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey yan those are beautiful, hows the sight on it? I'm thinking about getting the Side rail so its closer but I see you have yours in the front, any pros? Cons?

e24 e9 e30
    IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

^

Mr LAUTENBERG is Your Senator. Write him a email and call him and tell him how displeased you are with him and the way hes representing your interests
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

I'm going to do my homework and honestly do that any thoughts about this?

e24 e9 e30

Comment

Originally posted by teh_activ View Post
          Hey yan those are beautiful, hows the sight on it? I'm thinking about getting the Side rail so its closer but I see you have yours in the front, any pros? Cons?
          I had a side rail with a scope and after switching to a holographic sight, I am never going back to the side mount. Nothing like a red dot and it's much lighter than the side mount + scope

Comment

I dont see it going anywhere. Its mostly just lip service to the left and make the gun control advocates think they are at least trying to do something to further their goals.

There are too many D senators that are up for reelection in Nov form rural and more conservative districts that wont go near this with a 10 foot poll to get the 50% to actually attach it. Then even if they do some how manage to get it on there it will have to be stripped to get it passed the house, merged with a house bill.

All that said I think its despicable and deplorable to try and go about it though the back door and in the dark of night hoping no one will get wind of it till its too late.
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by YAN-3 View Post
              I had a side rail with a scope and after switching to a holographic sight, I am never going back to the side mount. Nothing like a red dot and it's much lighter than the side mount + scope

great info thanks

e24 e9 e30

Comment

^
                yep

@ mrsleeve
                sigpic
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
                  Not sure if serious, they are just being goofy and copying the HK ad that had the last round in the wrong way.
                  Ah, I must have missed that reference. Never mind my remark then. If he's doing it for the lulz. I just looked that ad up.

Originally posted by CreamE30 View Post
                  lol I always put the rounds in backwards whenever I take pictures of my guns. I dunno why, but it just makes it more fun ever since seeing that Hk pic and hearing the phrase "because you suck, and we hate you". Its also fun to see who notices the bullets in backwards. And Gary, don't you mean copy.....dog?
                  COPY DOG!!!!
                  Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    I dont see it going anywhere. Its mostly just lip service to the left and make the gun control advocates think they are at least trying to do something to further their goals.

There are too many D senators that are up for reelection in Nov form rural and more conservative districts that wont go near this with a 10 foot poll to get the 50% to actually attach it. Then even if they do some how manage to get it on there it will have to be stripped to get it passed the house, merged with a house bill.

All that said I think its despicable and deplorable to try and go about it though the back door and in the dark of night hoping no one will get wind of it till its too late.
                    Eye cee wut yoo did thair
                    Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Can't wait to pick up my saiga tomorrow. :D I already ordered a bipod and a flash lift with a mount in the side the holographic sight (to Yan's recommendation) is next
                      Any recommendations on 233 ammo?

e24 e9 e30

Comment

Its a AK, a tack driver it is not. Anything with a brass case and cheap will serve you well. Bitterroot Valley bulk reloads are about as good as anything else out there.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          Its a AK, a tack driver it is not. Anything with a brass case and cheap will serve you well. Bitterroot Valley bulk reloads are about as good as anything else out there.
                          Thank you sir
                          so these would work fine in the saiga?

thanks for all the info btw this is my first one
                          Last edited by Peterkaczynski; 08-01-2012, 07:05 PM.

e24 e9 e30

Comment

saiga 223

IMG_20120803_170904 by Pete_White, on Flickr

full shoot to come

e24 e9 e30

Comment

Thought I'd introduce you guys to the standard assault rifle of the Finnish defence forces.. I didn't keep count of the amount of bullets I shot with this rifle during the 362 days I was in the army ("obligatory" to do 180, 270 or 362) but it exceeds well over 1000 shots fired.. might be over 2000, but.. I don't really have a count ..

anyways it's a dated RK 62 / M62, (some used a RK 95) and here's some facts :p

-based on Soviets AK-47
                              -7.62x39mm cartridge
                              -effective shooting range within 400 meters.
                              -automatic weapon with a 3-way switch, -safety, -"rapid fire" and single shots..
                              -mag holds 30 bullets, with 1 in gun so holds 31 bullets.
                              -theoretical rate of fire with "rapid fire", 700 bullets a minute.
                              -weighs 3,5kg without mag and bayonet, 4,3kg with full mag.
                              -a bullet is dangerous within a range of 4km, we never actually was told what "dangerous" in this situation meant...

One.. "fun" thing we had to learn to do with the RK was to dis-assemble and re-assemble it countless of times , it takes ~5 seconds to dis-assemble to this stage =

and ~15 seconds to re-assemble. That was from kneeling while taking it apart and putting together, putting all parts in a precise order to standing up with the rifle at your side.
                              Last edited by Xat1cZ; 08-05-2012, 09:40 AM.
                              ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

Originally posted by teh_activ View Post
                                saiga 223

IMG_20120803_170904 by Pete_White, on Flickr

full shoot to come

You got to do the pistol grip conversion. That is if your state permits that.
                                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X