• Time
  • Show
Clear All

MILLER: Obama’s fast and furious spin
    Sneaky White House budget provisions undermine the Second Amendment

By Emily Miller

The Washington Times

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

President Obama is using his budget to advance an anti-gun agenda just before the election. One particularly sneaky provision buried deep within his submission to Congress Monday would, if enacted, allow the mistakes of the "Fast and Furious" gun-walking scandal to be repeated.

<snip>

Mr. Obama's budget contains other gun-grabbing surprises. The White House is looking to reclaim authority to destroy surplus M1 Garand rifles and M1 Carbines. For 30 years, the Defense Department has been blocked from scrapping these collectible firearms that served our soldiers well in World War II and the Korean War. The administration also wants to melt down the military's spent brass casings, thwarting gun owners who have been buying and recycling the surplus materials.

The president's budget would also restore millions in funding to the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control so they can pump out junk science studies claiming handguns are a public health hazard.

Mr. Obama is becoming more brazen in his disdain for the Second Amendment as his first term winds down, perhaps in an attempt to rally his dispirited liberal base headed into November. For those who believe in the right of the people to keep and bear arms, this ought to serve as an equally loud wake-up call.

Emily Miller is a senior editor for the Opinion pages at The Washington Times.
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I see some budget amendments benign struck before it goes to a vote, this shit didnt fly in 2009 it wont fly now, Hes pandering to the left and the gun grabbers in an election year to show them hes still trying to take the guns away.

Its his wet dream budget, raise taxes on the wealthy, increase entitlements, and put a serious ding in the 2a with stupid regulation, hes not expecting to get any of but like a pissed off monkey, hes just flinging shit and hoping some of it sticks.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
        Good news for you guys in Canada....

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/02...-gun-registry/
        bye bye cash grab

I still don't have any weapons in my home as I don't own my own house, but that is soon about to change as is the lack of a firearm. What do you guys think of shotguns for home protection? I'm sure handgun would be more ideal, but given the hoops I need to traverse to acquire one it's not an option. That combined with the fact that the sound of a shotgun being cocked is universal and probably enough to put any would-be thief at bay leads me to think it's the ideal tool for the job.

Comment

been discussed at length on here

Shot gun = best for home defense.

DONT RACK IT TO SCARE PEOPLE AWAY. IT gives away your element of surprise, and the fact you intend to fight as well as your position. if you dont have kids, keep it loaded and ready to go with the safety on. Your element of surprise is your biggest advantage in a home invasion kinda situation.

Why cant you have a gun if you dont own your own home, land lords in Americas hat can dictate if you can have a weapon ???
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

The friend I live with who also owns the place doesn't want a gun in his house. Rather than try to argue it I just respectfully disagree but won't argue.

Comment

I hope im wrong but if we end up with a second term of the O man, we might get another Clinton style assault weapons ban, except it won't expire after 10 years, it will be indefinite.

Comment

Well I am getting better. First 14 rounds today at 7 yards. I think its time to move the targets back a bit.

I need to get a 9mm or something so I can shoot for a bit cheaper. I havent found a 9mm I like though.
                sigpic
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

You can get a .22 conversion for the 1911 and shoot all day for under $10
                  Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Im thinking of just getting a 22 Ruger of some kind. Any recommendations on good 22 range pistols?
                    sigpic
                    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                      bye bye cash grab

I still don't have any weapons in my home as I don't own my own house, but that is soon about to change as is the lack of a firearm. What do you guys think of shotguns for home protection? I'm sure handgun would be more ideal, but given the hoops I need to traverse to acquire one it's not an option. That combined with the fact that the sound of a shotgun being cocked is universal and probably enough to put any would-be thief at bay leads me to think it's the ideal tool for the job.
                      Cale,

I can't link it from work, but go to www.CanadaAmmo.com and search; Grizzly 8.5, 10.5, or 13.5

you should find a selection of affordable pump action shotguns that are very compact (the numbers listed refer to barrel length) and well suited to home Defense. all are Non-restricted as they the barrels are build factory in the lengths listed, and not "sawed-off" which jumps through that 18.5" barrel loophole that only applies to center fire rifle barrel length. shotties not so much ;)

after C-19 makes royal assent, provided you have your PAL. you can just pick one up and throw it in the trunk...

Sleeve, up here careless storage laws are ambiguous on purpose, and a loaded 12guage would have his firearms license yanked, and charges brought that would result in jail time.

ammo and weapons cannot be stored together. or unlocked (this is my over simplified response)
                      Originally Posted by ACMF74
                      i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                        Im thinking of just getting a 22 Ruger of some kind. Any recommendations on good 22 range pistols?

If you want a target style pistol, Ruger MKIII otherwise I just got the Ruger SR22 pistol and its awesome.
                        This is the internet. Just make something up.

Comment

Originally posted by abefroman View Post
                          People can say what they want about glocks, but they are reliable except for, ahem....the gen 4 g19. Enjoy the gun.

Looking to get a gen 1 g17..
                          Glocks are reliable, no doubt. The main reason I never liked them is the muzzle flip and their ability to resonate is horrid. Not too much they can do though, its just what happens when you have a heavy slide on a light frame.
                          Im now E30less.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 5spoke View Post
                            If you want a target style pistol, Ruger MKIII.
                            those are so easy to shoot. lol. very fun and easy to shoot. the biggest drag is constantly reloading them. i just cant shoot 22 slowly.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

I went trap shooting for the first time yesterday... with my 20" unchoked "for things that go bump in the night" Mossberg LMAO!

I did pretty well, I thought. 1st round i only hit 1 or 2 every stand. By the 3rd round, I was consistently hitting 4 out of 5 birds every stand (Went 5 for 5 on 2 stands).

Its very addictive! I might be looking for a "real" skeet gun in the near future!

Comment

Originally posted by Pac1373 View Post
                                Sleeve, up here careless storage laws are ambiguous on purpose, and a loaded 12guage would have his firearms license yanked, and charges brought that would result in jail time.

ammo and weapons cannot be stored together. or unlocked (this is my over simplified response)
                                I see. So you are allowed to have one but you better not use it for anything more than a very expensive club and less effective than the common baseball bat (or hockey stick). I see.

Kershaw I dont think anyone can shoot .22lr slowly

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X