No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I think I found it, it's just called a model 357. Looks to be a match, right?

According to this it was only made for a few years, and was the predecessor to the python, and is simply a higher quality version of the trooper.
    Last edited by HiTheNameIsBJ; 05-12-2011, 08:04 PM.

Comment

It very well could be, just that your's has upraded grip panels. Still very cool to have "handed down" stuff.

Comment

Well they sold them with 2 different grips and hammers. I have to agree about hand me downs, I also have my grandfathers mauser 98k. Ive been shooting a lot with a friend who's mother died about a year ago, she was an avid hunter and had a small but very nice collection of hunting rifles and black powders, so he's using all hand me downs too. Firearms are pretty unique in that sense, there really isnt much else that can be passed down throughout generations and still remain functional.

Comment

I know most all you will understand these and many of you carry so, here is a some shooting tips that we know, just on the light hearted side of a serious topic.

Shooting Advice:

Never let someone or thing that threatens you get inside arm’s length and never say "I’ve got a gun". If you feel you need to use deadly force for heaven’s sake let the "first sound they hear be the safety clicking off", and they shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are doing your job.

'The average response time of a 911 call is over 23 minutes… the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.'

Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch, is a drill instructor (Thunder Ranch is a firearms training facility in Arizona ). Here are a few of his observations on tactics, firearms, self-defense and life as we know it in the civilized world.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way.."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."

"If you're not shooting', you should be loading'. If you're not loading', you should be moving', if you're not moving', someone's going to cut your head off and put it on a stick."

"When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel or the tooth fairy... and you're going to be one of 'em pretty soon."

"Do something. It may be wrong, but do something."

"Shoot what's available, as long as it's available, until something else becomes available."

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for?"

"Don't shoot fast, unless you also shoot good."

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work, but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems.. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

"You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family."

"Thunder Ranch will be here as long as you'll have us or until someone makes us go away, and either way, it will be exciting."
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary."
            awesome.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

pertains to ANY kind of fight really. If you are in a fair fight your tactics suck
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

A fair fight = sparring

A real fight = winning, duh.

Comment

This is that smolt I referred to earlier.

Comment

Should I do it guys? Should I take the plunge and get into an AR15?

I'm gonna be working most of this summer hopefully if I can secure some more hours, and I'm starting to really get the itch to order the Del-ton kit and put together my first AR15. I'm hoping to have it totally finished by end of summer (sighted in and broken in) so that when I go back to SW Virginia I can hunt with it.

So basically, should I go for it and succumb to the AR15 addiction? My buddy has already ordered his upper kit and its been 6 or 7 days and the anticipation is killing ME even.
                    <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
                    unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Thats a dumb question! Answer YES! Watch out for the BRD though!
                      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

BRD? I'm catching on slowly, one thing I have noticed in my surfing through AR user forums is that you guys use an obscene amount of acronyms.
                        <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
                        unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

BRD Black Rifle Disease

William Pitt-

Comment

Even though I own one, I still refer to it as my "Poodle shooter".

Comment

my ruger p95:

some of my dads:
                              beretta .380

ruger blackhawk .357

ruger mkII

browning .22 semi auto rifle

thinking about getting another ruger myself. looking at the lc9 and the sr1911.

Comment

Originally posted by CreamE30 View Post
                                Here's what it looks like in my Jericho:

And here was my grouping, 10 shots in under 5 seconds:
                                JESUS H CHRIST. This is what I want my first pistol to be. I hear there kinda hard to come by right?

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Working...
                                X