Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by accident View Post
    semi-auto shotguns are expensive.
    So? I'd pay up to $1500 for a good shot gun. My uncle said he same thing about Beretta. He highly recommends them. That's about all he told me though.

Originally posted by xAZxE30x View Post
    There are some decent priced ones but you get what you pay for. I've shot some cheaper ones and compared to good ones I would never own anything else

What's your budget? I really like the beretta models

If the semis shoot anything like Benelli nova pump, then I'm sure they are top notch as well
    I'd like to keep the price around $1500 if possible. I can be persuaded to spend more, if need be.
    world renown Harry Potter expert
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Tactical shotgun? I want to shoot birds, not neighbors.
        world renown Harry Potter expert
        sigpic

Comment

did someone say Semi auto Shotty. M4 is prolly the apex of the breed, but for about 98% of the m4 capability and 2/3 the cost I give you my fave semi auto shot gun and where I put my money when I bought a semi auto 12ga.

the FN/H SLP Yes they come in a 22" length which is a great length for shooting birds.

and in use form this spring (I changed out the rear ghost ring for Vortex Razor Red dot)

If you you want to go a little cheaper and still have a good semi a Mossy 930 is not a bad option either especially if all your really after is water fowl or turkey gun they do have non "tactical" options and the 935 is chambered in 3 1/2 mag.

In fact the 930 SP. was my 2ed choice if had not been able to track down the FN. The FN you should be able to find for 900-1100, and the mossy for somewhere in the 600-800 range NEW
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-11-2013, 12:34 AM.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

It'll shoot birds and double for home defence ;)

Moral of this story?

Comment

I kinda want a Maverick 88 Security.

Moral of this story?

Comment

I really want a combat shotgun.
                You can get the one I have the H&R Pardner Security, based on the 870, 870 furniture fits this gun. Or you can go with the Maverick 88, which is the Mossberg knock-off. Both sub $200 and can use the furniture of their copied cousin.
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

You live in California, you couldn't possibly know anything about guns. :P

made me chuckle!
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                    I know nothing about guns but I have decided that I want to buy a semi-auto shotgun and get into duck hunting.

Suggestions from the r3v gun nuts?

Forgot to mention that I am left handed, but have shot plenty with right handed/standard shotguns.
                    You sure Kalifornia will let you have a semi auto shotgun that holds more than 1 and a half rounds or shoots anything other than marshmallows?

Seriously though, if you're just getting into guns and bird hunting just pick up a cheap Mossberg 500 pump shotgun. It's not that much slower than a semi, it's more fun and you'll be forced to take better shots. Now if we're talking a tactical shotgun, go semi all day long!

Spend the money you save on the firearm and stock deep on ammo. Shit never goes bad (if stored properly), it's only going to get harder to find in the future and will be much more expensive. One of the smartest investments you can make IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      did someone say Semi auto Shotty. M4 is prolly the apex of the breed, but for about 98% of the m4 capability and 2/3 the cost I give you my fave semi auto shot gun and where I put my money when I bought a semi auto 12ga.

the FN/H SLP Yes they come in a 22" length which is a great length for shooting birds.

and in use form this spring (I changed out the rear ghost ring for Vortex Razor Red dot)

If you you want to go a little cheaper and still have a good semi a Mossy 930 is not a bad option either especially if all your really after is water fowl or turkey gun they do have non "tactical" options and the 935 is chambered in 3 1/2 mag.

In fact the 930 SP. was my 2ed choice if had not been able to track down the FN. The FN you should be able to find for 900-1100, and the mossy for somewhere in the 600-800 range NEW
                      I love this shotgun! Ever since you posted it up when you got i have wanted one. not a bad price point either!!

I would love an M4! $2k though has me after other guns
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                        You can get the one I have the H&R Pardner Security, based on the 870, 870 furniture fits this gun. Or you can go with the Maverick 88, which is the Mossberg knock-off. Both sub $200 and can use the furniture of their copied cousin.
                        I've been looking at the Maverick. I like that it's still made by Mossberg but doesn't cost $800.

Moral of this story?

Comment

correct me if Im wrong but I think the cool feature of the Maverick 88 is that you can hold the trigger back and pump the gun and the shell will fire. Ive always wanted to toy with one..
                          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                            correct me if Im wrong but I think the cool feature of the Maverick 88 is that you can hold the trigger back and pump the gun and the shell will fire. Ive always wanted to toy with one..
                            if you find a maverick 88 that will slam fire, it's been bubba'd. older Ithaca 37's, and Winchester model 97 and 12 are designed that way.

Comment

You live in California, you couldn't possibly know anything about guns. :P

.38 Super is pretty awesome, though.

LOL, touche. I've been told often I'm not as smart as I think I am.

Comment

Originally posted by xAZxE30x View Post
                                I love this shotgun! Ever since you posted it up when you got i have wanted one. not a bad price point either!!

I would love an M4! $2k though has me after other guns
                                with the FN's and the Mossy 930's you can still ghost a round with them you know full mag one in the hole and one floating on the carrier. The M4s built after 2012 IIRC you cant a civilian market design change to limit "unofficial" capacity it seems.
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X