Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
    if you find a maverick 88 that will slam fire, it's been bubba'd. older Ithaca 37's, and Winchester model 97 and 12 are designed that way.
    There ya go, Ithacas were the ones I was thinking about. Thanks for the catch!
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      with the FN's and the Mossy 930's you can still ghost a round with them you know full mag one in the hole and one floating on the carrier. The M4s built after 2012 IIRC you cant a civilian market design change to limit "unofficial" capacity it seems.
      Ooh that's actually a good reason to go with the FN. Did you try out the one you got vs the mk1 ( I think that's what the pistol grip is called??)

I think the regular style is more versatile but the pistol grip seems nice

Woo!! I finally found the m&p45c in fde I've been after since last year. Thinking of picking that up as well as a bolt gun for Christmas
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by xAZxE30x View Post
        Ooh that's actually a good reason to go with the FN. Did you try out the one you got vs the mk1 ( I think that's what the pistol grip is called??)

I think the regular style is more versatile but the pistol grip seems nice

Woo!! I finally found the m&p45c in fde I've been after since last year. Thinking of picking that up as well as a bolt gun for Christmas
        the MK I is the 22" version, and the there is a tactical version of each which you are thinking of that has the Pistol grip. and some 1913 rails in front of the fore end. Also the MK I has a folding notch rear site and more traditional optic mounting system on the receiver Vs the Flat 1913 rail and rear ghost ring on the SLP 18" like I have.

AS far as your bolt gun, look at a sako or tikka before you pull that trigger as well, I think you will be moderately surprised.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          the MK I is the 22" version, and the there is a tactical version of each which you are thinking of that has the Pistol grip. and some 1913 rails in front of the fore end. Also the MK I has a folding notch rear site and more traditional optic mounting system on the receiver Vs the Flat 1913 rail and rear ghost ring on the SLP 18" like I have.

AS far as your bolt gun, look at a sako or tikka before you pull that trigger as well, I think you will be moderately surprised.
          Ohh i got it now. I really like those. Next time i'm at the store i'm going to see if they have any on the shelf.

Yeah i have not forgot about your recommendations! I really want to get into precision shooting. I love just blasting away with my AR's but it would be fun to hit something way out there

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
            Agreed, don't spend your money on a non-45 Kimber. To be honest I wouldnt buy any Kimber for that matter. Way overpriced. 92fs is a solid 9mm, can't go wrong with it. Just curious, what would it cost you down there?
            92a1 about $1100 AU
            92fs about $800-1000 depending on options

I'm thinking after trying a mates sig sauer p226 im gonna go one of them for my 9mm then run a beretta target 22. The laws are shit here we cant have over 9mm for the first 12months and we can only get one 9mm for that period.

Comment

Just ordered a S&W Shield in 9mm. That will round out my S&W collection which consists of a fullsize M&P 9 and a Bodyguard 380. Pretty stoked to get it.

Comment

Where did you get it from? I just got an email for palmetto state armory, it's on sale for 359. I picked up mine for 400 at a local shop.

Comment

Originally posted by justin_l_ View Post
                  Where did you get it from? I just got an email for palmetto state armory, it's on sale for 359. I picked up mine for 400 at a local shop.
                  WTF! I tried to order from Palmetto but it wouldn't let me add to cart, now it works just fine! Oh well, I paid $380 shipped from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore. With shipping PSA would have only been $5 cheaper. Probably a good thing since it would take PSA 2 weeks to fucking ship while I already have a tracking number and should be at my FFL on Thursday.

Smith & Wesson: M&P9 Shield 9mm Centerfire Pistol with Thumb Safety for sale at Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore.

Comment

Any of you AZ guys know where to get a Maverick 88 Security locally?

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                    Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                      Any of you AZ guys know where to get a Maverick 88 Security locally?
                      You guys have Academy out there? IF so they sell them for under $200

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                        You guys have Academy out there? IF so they sell them for under $200

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/moss...gun/pid-298703
                        No Academy out here. If I'm not mistaken Big 5 stocks the Maverick 88, but I haven't been into one for quite a while.

Just looked up the Big 5 weekly ad and they have a few Mossbergs on sale, one of which is the 500 with two barrels for $310. I have the same one and it's pretty sweet. No personal experience with Maverick but I've heard the fit and finish is a little lower quality than the Mossbergs (which aren't always super top notch to begin with). I'd suggest digging up the other hundo and going with the Mossy.

Last edited by ParsedOut; 12-17-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Did you check Pistol Parlour over on Arizona Ave. and Southern? If they don't have one they can probably order it they sell Mossberg products so they should be able to get you a Maverick 88.
                          1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                          1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                          bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Damn, I may have to go with the 500. That is a killer deal!

Moral of this story?

Comment

mossy 500's are almost always on sale somewhere in that 350ish dollar range (+- a little bit) it seems, they are a great truck gun to just kick around on the floor boards in the back or under the back seat. I have never really understood going with a uber cheapo when you can get a decent 500 or 870 for another 30 bucks almost anytime of the year, especially when it gets close to hunting season.
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

I haven't done much research into shotguns, honestly. I looked into Mossbergs earlier this week and only found stuff in the $500 to $600 range. I have no problem spending that on a handgun, but I can't bring myself to do it on a pumper.

Moral of this story?

Comment

Working...
                                X