Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by varg View Post
    Not a fan of any color other than black though, especially FDE.
    Wanna know how I know you're gay?
    -Alex

Comment

Anyone here into muzzleloaders?

Father in law let me borrow a knight for the early season because we are in different states and the seasons don't coincide.

Gotta give it back at Thanksgiving, and I want to get in on the late season here as well.

Seriously considering grabbing one of the CVA Optima 2 in stainless, or the Accura MR. Doesn't sound like there's much to be gained with the Accura over the Optima though. They have the same barrel, but the Accura is given a couple extra finishing steps. I've read online that unless you are shooting competition, you won't notice the difference. The optima is good for 1 MOA.

I have read that CVA used to have some issues, but sounds like the newer ones are pretty good.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
        Wanna know how I know you're gay?
        Since we're now in middle school, I'll return fire:

I'm guessing you think it because I have superior taste relative to you, and gays stereotypically have good taste.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

I'm fine with all colors really. However, I'm totally against "battleworn" finishes. So lame.
          BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            I'm fine with all colors really. However, I'm totally against "battleworn" finishes. So lame.
            Agreed. IMO the same goes for Punisher skulls and crusader shields, that stuff is so tacky
            -Alex

Comment

I also really hate bright colors like blue and red on firearms. Unless they are less than lethal they should never be red or blue

Comment

Just completed my first AR lower build. The upper was shipped completed. Had to have a friend come over to finish the buffer and brace cause I dont have an armorer's tool thing or a torq wrench. Also, I'm not a real big fan of FDE...but hopefully for $350(minus optic, Romeo5) that I spent on this...I think it will grow on me.

Pic is hosted on photobucket, really need to find a better solution. PB has gone down the hill.

1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

You guys see the sig rattler conversion?

Definitely on my list.

No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Oh that is pretty cool. Something about putting in on an M&P lower just doesn't seem right though haha. At least it is not Anderson or PSA.

My plan was to buy a Honey Badger for myself as a graduation present... But now I am getting impatient and might just do it. Treat yo self.
                    -Alex

Comment

TeXJ - I put my first together with a swiss army knife and pair of pliers. Good for you sourcing the right tools :P
                      BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                        TeXJ - I put my first together with a swiss army knife and pair of pliers. Good for you sourcing the right tools :P
                        Thanks! I did mar it a little when putting in the bolt release pin..The friend that came over also had some Aluminum blueing stuff...basically made it back to black.

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                        Oh that is pretty cool. Something about putting in on an M&P lower just doesn't seem right though haha. At least it is not Anderson or PSA.
                        I just got a PSA...lower and upper...I guess it's going to blow up on me now.
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Four forgeries.

All the stuff we tend to use comes from the same oversea factories. It is the middle man who just upsells it. PSA ad Anderson are fine...
                          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Recommendations for a cheap plinker .22 for my girlfriend?

About a year ago I had her shooting my Glocks, then one day the noise and "snap" got to her, and now she's too afraid to go shooting again. She goes to the range with me and enjoys watching, she gets close to shooting, then gets too scared.

I want to pick up a small plinker to ease her back in, but I don't want to spend a lot in case it doesn't work.

I know the common Sigs and such, but does anyone here have a personal recommendation I should look into?
                            2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

For clarification I don’t hate PSA. My beater gun is a PSA/Anderson lower haha. But it is weird when people put a $1,500 upper on a $50 lower.

I have a Walter P22 and imo it is the best trigger I have ever felt out of the box in a .22. Plus it is super ergonomic and easy for smaller hands. Definitely worth looking at
                              -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                                Recommendations for a cheap plinker .22 for my girlfriend?

About a year ago I had her shooting my Glocks, then one day the noise and "snap" got to her, and now she's too afraid to go shooting again. She goes to the range with me and enjoys watching, she gets close to shooting, then gets too scared.

I want to pick up a small plinker to ease her back in, but I don't want to spend a lot in case it doesn't work.

I know the common Sigs and such, but does anyone here have a personal recommendation I should look into?
                                Ruger MKI/II/III/IV or Browning Buckmark. Some people scoff at them because they're a target pistol and not "tacticool", but they're two of the best .22 pistols out there for beginners and pros alike. I prefer the Rugers due to the aftermarket support, but it's personal preference. Plus they tend to hold their values over the pot metal guns from Walther or Sig should you choose to sell it. My wife loved shooting my Ruger MKIII and was pissed when I sold it.

Another option would be a slide conversion for your Glock. Advantage Arms and Tactical Solutions make the better known versions, but reports are very mixed on the reliability. That said, a lot of the reliability concerns with .22 stem from ammo quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X