Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a gimmick to me.

I'd be worrying about a severe lack of penetration.

In other news, just became a member of the NRA. No clue why I didn't do it years ago, other than the fact that I have had disposable cash in a long time now.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I just want to murder pumpkins as pictured.

Last edited by myinfernalbmw; 01-31-2014, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        Sounds like a gimmick to me.

I'd be worrying about a severe lack of penetration.

In other news, just became a member of the NRA. No clue why I didn't do it years ago, other than the fact that I have had disposable cash in a long time now.

You should check out some of the youtube videos. I would like to see that round in 45 and about 180 grain. Its got potential!
        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I would rahter see it in 45 at about 230gr. My self, I like big heavy and slow
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

I'll stick to my heavy lead hollow points that deliver all their force to one area.

I also have to think that the anti gun nuts will have a field day with these the first time they are used on a human.
            No E30 Club
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

nahhh even the maker fully admits that they will not defeat body armor so they are not "Cop Killer Booolit's " ......................................... With the exception of maybe NJ which has banned HP handgun ammo because they are kop ciller shells...............

All that said they are pointy and scary looking so only agents of the state can be trusted with them. Just like the old Winchester Black Talons those are Kop Killers too you know ,but were used in the long Island Railroad massacre . So Winchester stopped making them all black and brought them back to market as Ranger SXT in the traditional copper and brass finishes, still L/E only though but you can still get your hands on a odd box or 2 here and there.
              Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-31-2014, 03:39 PM.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Haven't gotten any range time in yet.
                No E30 Club

Comment

What do you guys think of the Gunvault Mini Vault? Looking at picking up another handgun in the next couple of days and I need something to keep it away from the kids while still being easily accessible without breaking the bank.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                  i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                  Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

no kiddos here; yet.

I have a friend that has the mini vault and he likes it. I know of others that say there is a 5 digit code, they input 4 of those digits so that in case they need it they only hit one button and out pops the gun. But that may be a little risky; just depends on your kiddos.
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Well the nice thing about it is that one "digit" of the code can be two buttons, so in theory I could do that and have the last part be two buttons.

Moral of this story?

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                        What do you guys think of the Gunvault Mini Vault? Looking at picking up another handgun in the next couple of days and I need something to keep it away from the kids while still being easily accessible without breaking the bank.
                        It's a tricky thing... In the middle of the night, you want to have quick access to your firearm coming out of a dead sleep with limited fine motor skills. Especially if god forbid you wake up to someone standing over you or dragging you by your legs off the bed, etc, etc, etc. You really have to decide based on your own experience and level of comfort how much you're willing to compromise. Of course you need to keep little hands off your firearms at the same time. Are you a heavy sleeper? Are your kids well educated/informed about firearms? Are you diligent enough to carry or lock up your nightstand gun as soon as you roll out of bed?

If your intention is to keep your kids away from the gun while you're not around, it really should be locked up in a legitimate safe as these little lock boxes can be defeated pretty easily. If you want to have something to lock it up in while you're asleep only, well like I said above it's a pretty heavy decision that you'll need to make based on a lot of factors.

Sorry if that was long winded or unprovoked advice.

Comment

+1 to what Parsed said
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd

Comment

I am more afraid of myself when it comes to home protection and bed side firearms. I am a notorious sleepwalker and I am scared of the possibilities with an unlocked gun.

I keep mine locked in a box unloaded. Even still I'm a little uneasily about it.

I have gone on some serious sleepwalking adventures so unlocking a gun case is not out of the realm of possibilities.
                            98 M3/4/5

Comment

^that would scare me to know I could do that
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                                It's a tricky thing... In the middle of the night, you want to have quick access to your firearm coming out of a dead sleep with limited fine motor skills. Especially if god forbid you wake up to someone standing over you or dragging you by your legs off the bed, etc, etc, etc. You really have to decide based on your own experience and level of comfort how much you're willing to compromise. Of course you need to keep little hands off your firearms at the same time. Are you a heavy sleeper? Are your kids well educated/informed about firearms? Are you diligent enough to carry or lock up your nightstand gun as soon as you roll out of bed?

If your intention is to keep your kids away from the gun while you're not around, it really should be locked up in a legitimate safe as these little lock boxes can be defeated pretty easily. If you want to have something to lock it up in while you're asleep only, well like I said above it's a pretty heavy decision that you'll need to make based on a lot of factors.

Sorry if that was long winded or unprovoked advice.
                                The kids are 2 and 3, so "don't touch that" doesn't work so well. I'd like to be able to buy one of those holsters that go between your mattress and the box spring for when I'm actually asleep, but I'm not sure how well that would work in my situation. I need to find something that is ideal in that I can quickly access my weapon and still keep the kids from getting to it.

Moral of this story?

Comment

Working...
                                X