No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First outing with the new optic. Two 5 round groups with sub-moa centre-centre. Spread is pretty inconsistent, so I'm confident I can tighten up a few screws on the operator and keep it a bit tighter. Overall I'm quite happy out of a semi-auto people claim cannot go sub-moa.

Comment

nice shooting, what distance and what ammo?
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

100yd's, Hornady steel match 55gr .223 out of an XCR.

Comment

See if you can get your hands on some different grain ammo as well as a few other brands. You might find that your XCR takes a liking to a certain round. Closing in those shot groups.

How long do you pause between shots?

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
            I've never shot one or even held one... But from what I've heard, it's more "neat concept" than it is "functional rifle".

People have offered the Ruger 10/22 takedown as a better alternative. Or a .22 pistol.
            I've owned a 10/22, didn't find it reliable or light at all.

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
            Neat concept AND reliable simple rifle. The 10/22 is a great solution too.

http://www.henryrifles.com/rifles/u-s-survival-ar-7/
            That's what I've been looking at.
            Originally posted by IRON-E
            Yeah, you're definitely a vw

Comment

A 10/22 is one of the best .22s around.
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd
              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I need your help R3v! I think I may have set out on an impossible task. Seeing as how its tax return time, I'd like to get myself something special. I'm looking for a Springfield Armory V-16 longslide. Apparently, they're much more rare than I anticipated. I found one in Georgia for sale, which, being in South Carolina is not that far out of reach. Unfortunately it seems to have sold already before I could get my return.

So, to the point, does anybody here in the R3v gun community know a person/place with one they're willing to sell? I'd be willing to pay for shipping or travel somewhat to meet FTF.
                Looks like this:

<---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
                unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Gunbroker? Have your local shop put out an APB? Flyer at local ranges and shops?
                  ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

yeah thats going to be a tuff one to track down. When they do come up they get a premium for them. Might be better off getting a good 1911 and having some custom work done than trying to find that particular long slide
                    Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-11-2015, 09:12 PM.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

If it is one you want, go for it man.

Otherwise, you are right.. in the 1911 world.. the options are silly. Snake skin ceracote with mother of pearl grips and a Hyundai's MSRP in upgrades of the internals.

I find part of the fun, is in the hunt.
                      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

I have my CCW permit appointment this Friday at 2pm. I wonder if it'll work out in my favor.
                        world renown Harry Potter expert
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                          See if you can get your hands on some different grain ammo as well as a few other brands. You might find that your XCR takes a liking to a certain round. Closing in those shot groups.

How long do you pause between shots?
                          1:7 twist, so not exactly the best for a heavier grain. 75gr vmax doesn't shoot nearly as well as 55 and below. with follow through I'm probably between 4-6 count.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                            1:7 twist, so not exactly the best for a heavier grain. 75gr vmax doesn't shoot nearly as well as 55 and below. with follow through I'm probably between 4-6 count.

Actually its the other way around. The 1-7 twist is better at heavier rounds vs say a 1-9 twist. I hand load a lot of 69gn for my rifles and they eat that shit up. I have some TAP 75gn but found the 69gn shot just as well and it was cheaper for me to reload than to buy boxes of of TAP ammo.

See if you can pick up a box or two of Black Hills 69 Red box.

Are the shots that hit directly center your first shots, then having them walk out? Your shot groups are not that bad but I was thinking maybe the barrel heating up causing the point of impact to shift. If it was a single round, I would blame that on maybe shooting technique or an off round. You show constancy both before and after the shift.

That rifle has got to be a blast to shoot.

Don't know if anyone follows TiborasaurusRex on youtube. He does a long series called Sniper 101. The guy is amazing when it comes to long distance shooting and he goes way into depth on everything ever needed to know about long distance shooting. Cale, here is the section on barrel twist when he talks about stability of the bullet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3h0pMQAFUU
                            Last edited by Vedubin01; 02-11-2015, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Hey guys,

So I have an update, I found one for sale in Georgia for the right price and I'll tell him I'll take it as soon as I have the funds (hurry up tax return!)

Now I have another question; Has anyone purchased a firearm from another state and had it shipped from a private seller? I understand his FFL will have to ship it to my FFL, but what about the actual transfer of money? Is there a preferred or safe way to do it? Can I transfer the money to his FFL and he picks it up from there? Or is it like buying anything and I use some means such as paypal?

As I understand it, even if I were to travel down there, I would still have to take it to an FFL to have it transferred up here to SC.

Thanks
                              <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
                              unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Are you buying a gun from an individual? Do you know this individual?

If from an unknown individual; I would take it to an ffl there, pay for it there and let the FFL send it to your address at that time. Technically you cant take possession of the firearm so you may just have the FFL facilitate the transaction. Make sense?
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X