No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You SHOULD NOT need a permit to own a gun.
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by teh_activ View Post
      Not too difficult, I have a clean background I applied for my permits and went on with my life then suddenly bam they're ready to go, once you've got your permits you have to wait some more time once you're ready to purchase. That is just to own. Now carry is a completely different world -___-

Thanks for the reply. What kind of wait time did you experience when you applied for the permit? You also have to register a firearm as well correct? I know you guys have some of the toughest laws in the land and was just curious.

I hear the carry permit is a unicorn in NJ as well.

BTW, that is a sweet piece you got there though. Very smooth gun!
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

They were both Herter's, but I don't think they were steel case.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
        Originally posted by slammin.e28
        Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

And yes it was 7.62x51

Moral of this story?

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
            And yes it was 7.62x51
            That's actually a good price for 7.62 NATO, it's usually much closer to $1 a round. It's good to see this stuff coming back down, some online retailers are even starting to bundle 22lr with other products (in attempt to mask the still high markup) but at least that means they are getting shipments of the product. If we can get through the summer without any more political bullshit we might be back to a sliver of normalcy.

BTW, I never should have taken that carbine course. Now I've realized the weak points of my rifle and what I need to handle before the next one and it's all money money money. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
              Thanks for the reply. What kind of wait time did you experience when you applied for the permit? You also have to register a firearm as well correct? I know you guys have some of the toughest laws in the land and was just curious.

I hear the carry permit is a unicorn in NJ as well.

BTW, that is a sweet piece you got there though. Very smooth gun!

I honestly don't even know how long I waited I just applied and went on with my life it seemed quite short. And carry permits are pretty much just for off duty police and such. My brother in law (he's literally in law also because he's a cop) just picked up a Springfield xds .45 sweet conceal and carry pistol

e24 e9 e30
              IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                Now I've realized the weak points of my rifle and what I need to handle before the next one and it's all money money money. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.
                Please share some of what you learned.

I'd love to take a tactical course, but it's not going to happen soon.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                  Please share some of what you learned.

I'd love to take a tactical course, but it's not going to happen soon.
                  Well since my rifle is only half converted from plain Saiga 7.62x39 to AK, the forearm doesn't have any rails and the muzzle isn't threaded yet. Having a quad rail up front would be nice for a vertical "dork stick" grip and side sling mount. A compensator will make a huge difference in follow up shots. My Vortex Strikefire red dot held up fine, but I really like the size benefits and battery life of the Aimpoint H-1, pretty big money right there. A collapsible but stock with a rubber pad (see shoulder pic) is kind of needed, I wouldn't be able to get through a 3 day class and 1000 rounds with that steel butt plate. Also having a better sling attachment point on the stock would be nice so I don't strangle myself or have to drop my reaction arm through to switch shooting sides. My MFT Engage pistol grip was comfortable but the compartment cap kept popping open and dropping my spare batteries on the ground. The adjustment caps on my red dot kept spinning loose, lost one at the end of the class, luckily found it a little later though. I need to get the Kreb safety lever so I can operate the safety without breaking grip, that was a major annoyance. An extended bolt handle would also be nice, trying to grip that little stub under pressure is tough. My steel Chinese mags functioned perfectly but some Magpul polymer mags would help with the lightness factor. One of the pouches on my "mag purse" (http://762tactical.com/pouches/bandoleer.html except with open top bungee closures) that holds my Israeli battle dressing and CAT tourniquet kept rubbing and scrapping the inside of my left forearm and my VTAC sling kept getting caught up there as well.

I think that's about it as far as gear is related, I have a lot of dry fire drills to keep me busy in the meantime. As a matter of fact, I've worked out a sort of "cross fit" style routine using position changes and movement/fire techniques. Good workout and good practice.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                    That's actually a good price for 7.62 NATO, it's usually much closer to $1 a round. It's good to see this stuff coming back down, some online retailers are even starting to bundle 22lr with other products (in attempt to mask the still high markup) but at least that means they are getting shipments of the product. If we can get through the summer without any more political bullshit we might be back to a sliver of normalcy.
                    Shooter's World in Phoenix told me that they always have .22LR on the shelf, but it's not cheap.

Moral of this story?

Comment

We use to buy 22LR hollow point for $10 a brick which was 10-100 round boxes.Those were the days when plinking was cheap.

Cheers,

Jim
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                        Shooter's World in Phoenix told me that they always have .22LR on the shelf, but it's not cheap.
                        That's not a sliver of normalcy, still reaction to panic and a requirement for a shooting range to have a little bit of everything available to people can rent, shoot and buy guns. When it's back down to $.05-.07 a round, I'll consider us back to what the new normal should be, It'll never be $.03 again.

Comment

I stick to walmart. 1000 rds of winchester for .22 for $50 and 100 rds of cci minimags for 7.47.

Comment

Walmarts in jersey don't sell ammo anymore -____-

e24 e9 e30
                            IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

I just picked up a 250rd box of 45 in those UMC mega packs. Any good? I had a $100 gift card and it was either this or some primers
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I know in 9mm I got 2 FTE in my shield but none in my XDS per box of 25.

Comment

Working...
                                X