No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate NYC. I want guns but can't move out of the state due to my business.

Comment

UMC is good
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Ahhh shit, I'm starting to lean back to the AR platform the more I do the math... To get it to where I want my current Saiga rifle (minus optics) I'm looking at just shy of $1300, that includes the original cost plus the added goodies. Then I still have the generally accepted lower ergonomics not to mention incompatibility with most of the carbine training material out there. I could turn around and sell my rifle for $700 as is.

If I price out an AR with 14.7" CHF barrel, free float tube forearm, and lower with equal furniture to the AK I'm only in $950. Cost to shoot is about $.05 more a round right now, may continue down, may not. All the benefits of the AR with the drawbacks.

Fuck, why is this decision so hard. Maybe I'll just put the AK up for sale and see what happens. Keep a few rounds of the 7.62x39 for my SKS and just change up calibers (again).
        Last edited by ParsedOut; 05-02-2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
          Ahhh shit, I'm starting to lean back to the AR platform the more I do the math... To get it to where I want my current Saiga rifle (minus optics) I'm looking at just shy of $1300, that includes the original cost plus the added goodies. Then I still have the generally accepted lower ergonomics not to mention incompatibility with most of the carbine training material out there. I could turn around and sell my rifle for $700 as is.

If I price out an AR with 14.7" CHF barrel, free float tube forearm, and lower with equal furniture to the AK I'm only in $950. Cost to shoot is about $.05 more a round right now, may continue down, may not. All the benefits of the AR with the drawbacks.

Fuck, why is this decision so hard. Maybe I'll just put the AK up for sale and see what happens. Keep a few rounds of the 7.62x39 for my SKS and just change up calibers (again).
          Put it up for sale and if it sells easily then there you go, if it doesnt then just keep it. Or keep it how it is and then spend the $1300 into an AR setup

Doing both is always the best option
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I'd rather stick to one specific weapon system in this category. I put the AK up for $1000, see if I get any bites or reasonable offers.

Comment

Spent this afternoon welding up a steel target stand from an old king size bed frame. Turned out pretty good, perfect size for 4 12" gongs but I've got two gongs and 3 smaller ones. Haven't gotten around to figuring out how I want to hang them, but in a few weeks we're heading up north to give it a test run.

Comment

Little cigar and M&P night
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Damn, I want a cigar.

This is the only thread I read on R3v anymore lol

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                  i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                  Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Doing a quick mock up of my new build. AR pistol in 300 blackout.

"Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

Are you doing the milling work on that lower and rail system?
                      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Comment

sweet build!
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                          Are you doing the milling work on that lower and rail system?
                          No i didnt do the machining. I could only wish to be able to machine stuff like these. It's a billet 80% lower & a rail from a local store. I was just mocking it up for barrel length that I need to order. I wanted them in the raw since I was gonna have them cerakoted anyways. I still need to find a stripped billet upper as well.

Rey
                          "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                            sweet build!
                            Thanks! I'm pretty excited about it especially with the 300 blackout @11.5" of barrel. I've also got a paint scheme that I've toyed around my head for a couple years now & it's not quite the norm so it's gonna be interesting.

Rey

Comment

Originally posted by ///M0F01SD View Post
                              Thanks! I'm pretty excited about it especially with the 300 blackout @11.5" of barrel. I've also got a paint scheme that I've toyed around my head for a couple years now & it's not quite the norm so it's gonna be interesting.

Rey
                              Nice build Rey,

The shop I have do the ceramic coatings for my wheels has been doing a mil spec coating on firearms for a while now and it is really nice. He has all kinds of different colors to choose from. Give me a call or shoot me a text if you want to talk about it.

Cheers,

Jim
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
                                Nice build Rey,

The shop I have do the ceramic coatings for my wheels has been doing a mil spec coating on firearms for a while now and it is really nice. He has all kinds of different colors to choose from. Give me a call or shoot me a text if you want to talk about it.

Cheers,

Jim
                                Thanks Jim. I'll hit you up about that shop & also maybe plan out a range day.

Rey

Comment

Working...
                                X