No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well finally got back from the engraver and though he took twice as long as he said he would, the work came out really nice. I did get a bit of disappointing news as I found out the titanium tube I ordered is on a 10 week back order so my suppressor build will have to wait till the tube comes in.

I have a few odd and end items to get this SBR up and going but here she is. Ill have to take a few better pictures but cant wait to get her out on the range.

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Very nice! Which tube are you waiting on?
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        Very nice! Which tube are you waiting on?
        An 8" TI tube from these guys...

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

So looking for a 762 suppressor. I'm liking, and hearing great things about it, the Sandman S/L. Just not sure of which one to get, or if there is something else out there I should look at.

I have a 22 can, Sparrow. Only thing I could use the Sandman on is my AR but I do plan to get a bolt gun, maybe a 22-250 at first and then a 308 or whatever down the road.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
            So looking for a 762 suppressor. I'm liking, and hearing great things about it, the Sandman S/L. Just not sure of which one to get, or if there is something else out there I should look at.

I have a 22 can, Sparrow. Only thing I could use the Sandman on is my AR but I do plan to get a bolt gun, maybe a 22-250 at first and then a 308 or whatever down the road.
            That seems to be hot one right now. Was the Saker, then Omega, now Sandman.

I do not have any input though. I've got an SF 762 mini and an RC so only first hand knowledge with those two

Comment

Originally posted by xAZxE30x View Post
              That seems to be hot one right now. Was the Saker, then Omega, now Sandman.

I do not have any input though. I've got an SF 762 mini and an RC so only first hand knowledge with those two
              A lot of people like the QD mount on the Sandmans. Looking at them they seem to be a good brake just by themselves.
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                A lot of people like the QD mount on the Sandmans. Looking at them they seem to be a good brake just by themselves.
                I have read great things from them! I think many of the potential Saker buyers have jumped ship over to them as many of the Sakers still go flying off when shot, even though it was fixed

Comment

Originally posted by xAZxE30x View Post
                  I have read great things from them! I think many of the potential Saker buyers have jumped ship over to them as many of the Sakers still go flying off when shot, even though it was fixed
                  Or cant get the can off.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

Birthday present to myself, changed out my stock and trigger loop for BCM goodies. I absolutely love this setup, after a trigger I think I'm done with it.
                    1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                    1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                    bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

very nice looking stick, but I dont know if I could ever feed my ARs Tula ammo.

Comment

Tula is fine. I don't know about AR world but for AK's the most it does is cause the occasional FTE usually. Worth it at like 20c a round.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

I've had Federal 5.56 fail to feed. I think failure to feed is just a side effect of firing a gun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

FTF is usually a shit magazine for AK's, or its a century. Id assume its similar with AR's.

FTE for most guns seems to be wrong gassing or bad ammo.

What mags you using marshall? I know a couple guys pointed out on akfiles how shit the surplus cheap colt mags were.
                            willschnitz

Comment

Steel case works fine on AK's because of the taper casing. As soon as it moves back, clearance inside the chamber increases.

5.56 isn't so forgiving, due to the non-taper case.
                              No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                                Steel case works fine on AK's because of the taper casing. As soon as it moves back, clearance inside the chamber increases.

5.56 isn't so forgiving, due to the non-taper case.
                                Makes sense, might wear more on AR's too then yeah?
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X