Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    Steel case works fine on AK's because of the taper casing. As soon as it moves back, clearance inside the chamber increases.

5.56 isn't so forgiving, due to the non-taper case.
    exactly and its quite dirty ammo, not that accurate either with fairly wide velocity numbers.

The federal ammo is not the best either but shoots well. It is brass casings and can be used to reload. But much better for plinking or just punching paper for fun.

My goto round for the AR is and has always been either Winchester Q3131a or the newer Q3131. If I can find someone to go into a bulk sale Black Hills Blue box. But ever since reloading I have not purchased ammo. I cant get down to the cost of Tula but I can build a much better round for the average cost of 55gn ammo from the store.

In the AK world, I run the piss out of the wolf ammo, as Im not really looking for accuracy as I would expect from my ARs.
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Wolf WPA Military Classic is actually considered one of the better ammos for accuracy. Right behind Golden Tiger and Hornady.

Tula runs fine and shoots fine, AR tula must just be crap.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        Wolf WPA Military Classic is actually considered one of the better ammos for accuracy. Right behind Golden Tiger and Hornady.

Tula runs fine and shoots fine, AR tula must just be crap.

Mmmmm you have any data proof on that statement? There is no way to compare Hornady to Tula ammo. Wolf, Tula, Golden Tiger are all made by Tula.

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=268

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=213

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/50...Forum_FAQ.html

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I want an sbr so bad
          IG: Dhithim
          2015 Subaru BRZ 380whp
          My '87 Project
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=382462

Comment

Contacted a lawyer today to start the ball rolling on my trust. Do you guys have any advice, or insight as to things outside the standard I should ask about. Have a few questions for him like modification on already owned guns (select fire sear for my 6920).

Comment

Select fire is completely illegal to make since 1986. Only way to get one is to spend new car cash on one already in existence.

Legal to have the parts, but better not have any stripped lowers laying around.
              No E30 Club
              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Also you better put it in before July 2016 or you will have to do finger prints and photo id's for everyone listed in your trust. After the July date a Cleo will have to sign off on it but you will still have to go through the finger printing and picture. There is a gun trust lawyer on ar15.com that will set your trust up for under 100 if you still want to go that route.

I meaning file your form 4 or 1 before the July date. If not the new rules come into play.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                  Mmmmm you have any data proof on that statement? There is no way to compare Hornady to Tula ammo. Wolf, Tula, Golden Tiger are all made by Tula.

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=268

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=213

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/50...Forum_FAQ.html
                  Your links show that thats not the case??? Barnaul has been the main source for Wolf for a while now.

Golden Tiger has been unavailable for 5.45 but its considered the best AK ammo around.

As it stands Wolf WPA military classic is what most people are buying, it runs fine and puts nice groups. Could be Wolf is importing some actual trash for .223/5.56 but the AK stuff has been pretty fine.

Plus I said It was still behind Hornady and Golden Tiger for accuracy. Its good fairly accurate surplus ammo, wasnt saying it was a gift from god.
                  willschnitz

Comment

So I couldn't resist and purchased a fnx 45 tac. Local shop had a sale on it, and caught me in a moment of weakness. I love the way it shoots, and feels. Low recoil and tight groupings from 7yrd line. However, on the range, I was consistently shooting low. Tight groupings but low, and a little left. Switching back and forth between it and other guns the fnx was definitely more pronounced. Wondering if the raised sights on it would contribute to that, or if it is all on my ownsome. Also, I am used to having the target resting on top of the sight picture, it seems with the fn the sights need to be over the target? No sight picture in the owners manual.

Comment

Battle sights are usually set up for a little more distance hence the having to bury the target at close range with your front sight. The rear should be adjustable to get you in target as far as right or left goes. Might just need to get used to the trigger pull.
                      Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                      So I couldn't resist and purchased a fnx 45 tac. Local shop had a sale on it, and caught me in a moment of weakness. I love the way it shoots, and feels. Low recoil and tight groupings from 7yrd line. However, on the range, I was consistently shooting low. Tight groupings but low, and a little left. Switching back and forth between it and other guns the fnx was definitely more pronounced. Wondering if the raised sights on it would contribute to that, or if it is all on my ownsome. Also, I am used to having the target resting on top of the sight picture, it seems with the fn the sights need to be over the target? No sight picture in the owners manual.
                      89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
                      99 540it
                      86 Volvo 240 wagon
                      99 Cherokee
                      13 Passat

Comment

Also what ammo are you shooting?

My 4013tsw always shoots low with 180 grain, but spot on with 165.

As with anything, trial and error will let you figure out what the weapon likes. Every gun is different.

Nice purchase though, it's no secret how I feel about the FNX 45 series. As soon as I'm in the position to, I'll be snagging one.
                        No E30 Club
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Id say its either just getting used to the sights or you are pulling the trigger in a wrong way maybe? I know I had issues with flinching shooting 30-06, round is a shoulder destroyer after a few mags.
                          willschnitz

Comment

^ maybe if he's a southpaw usually right handed shooters are low and right.
                            89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
                            99 540it
                            86 Volvo 240 wagon
                            99 Cherokee
                            13 Passat

Comment

The start to my SPR. It is an 18" Noveske intermediate barrel. KAC RAS. Disregard the messy bench, in the process of moving so have shit everywhere!!

It will however be getting a new barrel. Going to be an MK12 clone and need a rifle gas length instead of the intermediate

Comment

Want to sell the Noveske? Or work out some sort of trade?

That barrel is exactly what I want to put on my 6920.
                                No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X