No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loaded up a bunch of toys and ammo into the car this morning with the intent of a range visit after work.

Then I didn't feel like it after work.

Anyone know the laws on acreage or distance from homes to setup your own range? I would have no issue renting some machinery and setting up my own backstop.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

No idea, does your county or city whatever have a ordinance against it?

I'd say if you have a safe backstop that'll catch all your rounds, you're good to go. But I'm no lawyer so don't listen to me lol
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Yea it's one of those things I'm curious about but would probably hire a lawyer before doing it.

In all honesty I just need to talk to my future neighbor. He owns a shitton of land surrounding our future home. Hopefully he is a gun nut as well.
        No E30 Club
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Just picked up a sig p938 for my cc pistol. Any suggestions for an iwb holster. I wear shorts and t shirt 80% of the year. May have to start running to make a little extra room in the waist band ha ha.

Comment

What kind of shorts? Cargo shorts, you can still carry, get a good gun belt and you can carry.

If you still dont want to do that look at a belly band for a small gun.
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

9th Circuit says CCW is not constitutional and that states and localizes can put restrictions on citizens that have to show NEED to carry..... Going to be another SCOTUS fight over CCW law. I guess Heller and Mc Donald were not clear enough for CA.

The court declined to say whether the Constitution protects openly carrying a gun in public. It said that question was not at issue in the case.

Little more detail here
              A federal appeals court in San Francisco ruled Thursday that people do not have a Second Amendment right to carry concealed weapons in public, in a sweeping decision likely to be challenged by gun-rights advocates.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

I feel CCW should be restricted, but open carry should not be.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                  I feel CCW should be restricted, but open carry should not be.
                  say what!?

please explain.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

I open carried a couple times while waiting for my CCW. I hated every second of it.

Dressed nicely, made sure to look professional, retention holster, ect. I didn't get any wierd looks or anything, but still I don't want people to know I have a gun on me.

I can't stand the fuckers I see in VA who look like a complete slob with a gun and knife on their belt. I'm not against them doing it, they just make the rest of us look bad. I say just let people CCW, so we don't have to worry about the idiots scaring people. (Fear is what causes these regulations, after all.)

ETA, somehow I just accidentally reported a post thinking I was responding. Whoever sees it, ignore please.
                    No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                      say what!?

please explain.
                      Look up the history of CCW. It was restricted before open carry not long after our nation came to be, and I agree with some of the logic behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                        Look up the history of CCW. It was restricted before open carry not long after our nation came to be, and I agree with some of the logic behind it.
                        I'm not a newb to CC. What restrictions do you think need to be in place for CC?
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

I believe you should be able to open carry, and concealed carry. Let the individual choose what is best for them.

Comment

I only open carry out in the desert when I'm shooting for fun. I had my M&P in my kydex holster on open carry once on my way out to the desert and my stop at McDonald's was a bit too weird. There's is absolutely no reason to advertise that you have a gun. No need to posture. It's a last line of defense, not a first. I'm not saying you shouldn't be allowed to open carry, it's just my personal view about it.
                            1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                            1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                            bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

I was out fishing the other night and a couple of gentlemen came in right behind us to extract their boat from the water after we got ours out. Both had Sig 226's in plain sight on their hips, didnt phase me in the least, I gave no 2ed thoughts to either of them as we retrieved and secure our boat.

Its the conditioning of the a population, as to how a person reacts to the sight of a firearm carried in plain sight, where I live its not as common as one might think but it does happen, and this time of year the tourists and the vac home owners are not really happy to see it.
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Yeah, my uncle doesn't bother carrying on his own ranch in Wyoming and that landed him with a grizzly bear standing on his chest, biting off his nose and being deformed forever.

Sometimes your threats are not just human.
                                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X