Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    Damn, Cali just banned bullet buttons among a whole heap of other stuff.
    "...Keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Jk in cali
    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
    Originally posted by roguetoaster
    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
      "...Keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Jk in cali
      They are really pushing people's limits, that's for sure.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
        All of it will be overturned by the courts. In 2013, they passed a law stating that people had to pay $50 for the privilege of purchasing ammo. That was blocked.
        I doubt it will be overturned this time. Reloaders will be damned as well, as propellant/bullets/cases etc are all covered individually needing the background check.

Comment

Sounds like Cali just got it in the pooper like us NYrs did when the passed the "S.A.F.E." act here.

Comment

Anyone know why scar 17s have jumped in price recently? I went on GunBroker to look at some, as it is sort of a goal to get one some day, and the prices have skyrocketed. I didnt notice the drastic jump in ar and other semiauto rifles. Just wondering if there was a reason for it that anyone concretely knew about.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
              Definitely thinking of scrapping some spare cash together for a lower. Thinking .300 Blackout for sure now. .458 SOCOM is too expensive, $3 a round no thanks lol.
              Depends what you want it for? They are both great, with that being said I love my .458, it does its job very well. I built mine for hog hunting and it's perfect for it. Not like it comes out often so ammo cost isn't that big of a deal. Also if you reload it's cheaper and there are a ton of bullet choices for it, 80gr aluminum screamers up to 600gr dozers.
              89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
              99 540it
              86 Volvo 240 wagon
              99 Cherokee
              13 Passat

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                Anyone know why scar 17s have jumped in price recently? I went on GunBroker to look at some, as it is sort of a goal to get one some day, and the prices have skyrocketed. I didnt notice the drastic jump in ar and other semiauto rifles. Just wondering if there was a reason for it that anyone concretely knew about.
                Out of stock in most places drives up SCAR prices. They aren't dime a dozen like AR's are
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Pew pew.

Approved and built!

Titanium tube and caps, with stainless internals. It's surprisingly light for an 8.6" can.

Can't wait to try it out. I think I'm just going to paint it with grill paint, I don't plan on shooting a high volume through it. Though I do need to order an adapter flash hider for the 5.56.

Now it's all together I kind of want to build a stubby can for the SBR. With the can on its about the same length as my 16" upper. I knew it would be, but I was more concerned with building an all around can for .30 and everything under.
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Very sexy, both the can and the shortness!
                    -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Don't tempt us Californicators.

Comment

Got to put a couple rounds through it this morning.

Found myself a new addiction. With the subs I think a firecracker makes more noise. Ridiculously fun!
                        No E30 Club
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

OK, so with subs the can is a pleasure.

With supers, it burns my eyes like no other!

I don't know that I want to mess with an adjustable gas block, or bolt. (KISS method here)

Anyone try the gas buster charging handles?

Also, tips for coating this can? I went with titanium for the weight savings, and it paid off. I thought about using grill paint, but I could see myself putting a high volume of 5.56 through this on my Colt 16" upper, so I'm not sure if it would even be worth it to paint....

Anywho, got the irons sighted in at 30 yards. Pleased to say there is no noticeable POI change with the can on vs off. I'm thinking about tossing my scope on there and see g how it performs at 100 yards. This could make a great pest control setup.

Side note... After shooting the SD-E for awhile and then the factory Colt trigger I have, I'll be ordering another one....
                          No E30 Club

Comment

I have an slr adjustable gas block on mine and I like it, has spring loaded set screw with notches to keep the setting. Works well, but if you shoot subs and supers out of it, will it be too little gas with subs when supers run fine? Maybe one of those noveske "switchblocks" or whatever would be closer to what you need but those are set up around 556 cans but maybe they make a 300blk one now.
                            -Christian

Comment

I'm heavily considering buying a Glock 17 for a plinker and self defence sidearm..

Someone do the right thing and talk me out of it. Need a pistol to go along with my 20 gauge break action...
                              -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                              -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

I have a g19gen4, looking at my options on sights and a trigger.

What have yall used?
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X