No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes ID is a much more friendly state to us gun nuts. I think I am having to move to the nanny/gun unfriendly No NFA of any kind, state of Iowa for a while under extrema protest (family deal). Sucks, hard as hell to get a CCW for that state as its a May issue and its up to the sheriff and you have to jump through about 68 hoops and then its only good for a year and has to be renewed in person (hard when you travel all year).

Yeah I hear ya on the goofy add on's just good optics and maybe a good light is all I would need on mine well that and a suppressor but I dont think I want my name on that list.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      Yeah I hear ya on the goofy add on's just good optics and maybe a good light is all I would need on mine well that and a suppressor but I dont think I want my name on that list.

True. I intend to stay off any lists I can. Idaho should be fun, and it will place me a little more near to all the e30 + PNW = life excitment. Maybe I'll attend the picnic. A non-goofy, run o' the mill AR is in my list of plans, as well as a 9mm, or 1911 .45 once I get settled up there. And the fishing is gonna be nice too.

Too bad you are headed to Iowa. I need all the friends within a 5-7 hour drive I can find, because I expect lots of quiet, and need to stay entertained.
      Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 04-27-2009, 12:39 PM.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where you are going in ID is about 7 hours from my house up here. That said I wont be in IA for too long, 18-24 months max, going to try to get it down to 12 months or less, but we will see. I love it up here and I dont plan on being gone for too long. When we come back it may not be all the way up here but it will be into western MT regardless.
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Yippie my local good sporting goods store got some good Buffalo Bore 230gr FMJ 45acp+p and I got a good deal at 23 bucks a box (20 per box) I like this stuff for carrying and since I cant find Hydra Shocks right now this is my next choice.

William Pitt-

Comment

Thought you guys might like this one:

Here is a story you guys might like to follow. I'll admit I have only read the opening post, but I thought it should be shared. If this is true then there have been some MAJOR constitutional rights violations here.

This happened aprox. Six months ago, and to be frank, I havn't wanted to talk about it to anyone about it before now, but now I need some advice.

So one friday night at aprox 1 am I hear a pounding on my door, my fiance and I where asleep in bed by this point, so I was a little alarmed. I did not wake her, nor did I grab a gun, as I had no idea who was at the door.
            I open the door and no less then 15 police officers pour into my appartment, detain me, and ask where my shotgun was. I thought it was odd, but I told them it was in the bedroom, chained to my romak 3 by the dresser, and that I would be happy to get it for them. They wouldn't go for it. I further explained that my fiance was asleep in bed, nude, and that when I had gotten out of bed, I'd partially uncovered her. They would not even let me cover her before they when into the room.
            While several of the officers where searching my room (with my sleeping naked fiance..) Several others began questioning me.
            They asked if I was suicidal, and wether or not I was attempting to blow my own brains out with my shot gun. I was flabbergasted. They said that they had received an anonymous call from a 'friend' who told them she was worried I was in the process of killing myself. I wasn't, I was in the middle of sleeping in bed with my faince.
            I found out later that it was a girl that I work who is very antigun, who found out I owned guns, and got scared.
            So anyway, the officers come out of my room (one of them had done the curtasy of covering my still sleeping gf, who miraculously slept through this whole ordeal.
            Anyway, the cops asked me for the keys to my gun locks, which I reached for (on the table infront of me) and they all imidately drew down on me again, ordering me to the floor. No sudden movements and all that.. So they take the keys, and come back out a minute later with both my brand new romak 3 (less then 50 rounds through it..) And my brand new fully modified mossburg 500 (4 rounds through it..). They took both guns, the case, some of my 7.62x54r ammunition that was out, both romak magazines, and my cleaning kit. They didn't find any of the 12g shells because they where all in a box in the back of my closet, along with the rest of my 54r, along with some other misc rounds for guns I didn't have atm. Their reason being because the romak magazines where loaded, and ontop of the dresser that the guns where locked next to.
            They also said that they where taking me to a local hosipital for psychiatric evaluation. They would not allow me to wake my fiance, or change out of the bed clothes I was currently wearing. I asked if I was allowed to put on my shoes and socks, they agreed, but when I went to reach under the table for the socks that happened to be there they drew down on me again and ordered me to the floor, untill I explained that I was going for the socks that I'd just mentioned..
            Anyway, so they cuff me, throw me in the back of a squad car, and took me to the hospital.
            We arived around 2 am. It wasn't looking good for me making it to work ontime the next day.
            They had me interview with the onstaff doctor, gave me a wrist band and had me wait in the lobby. At around three thirty I was taken to an office to actually be checked in. Name, address etc. They asked if I had health insurance, I did not. They lady said that wouldn't be a problem, there where alternatives. She asked for more info and informed me that I quallified for self payment. Which basiclly means I'll be getting a heafty bill in the mail. I told them that I refused all medical services, but was told that I was admitted invoulentarilly and had no rights as a us citizen until I was cleared. I asked what needed to be done before I left, they said that the on staff psychologist arived at 9 am, and after he cleared me I was free to go.
            Then they breathalized me, piss tested me (against my will), and escourted me to my room( which I'd like to mention had a locking glass door, and a privacy curtain. Along with a rather large tv with cords hanging down. If I where really suicidal, I could have easilly hung myself..), had me strip nude infront of a nurse, had a security guard come in and search me with a metal detector wand, and issued me a hospital gown, I demanded a second, because if you've ever been in a gown you know, THEY DON'T COVER YOUR ASS AT ALL. Then I sat around in this room for a while. A nurse came in and told me it was time for my blood test. I told him that I was terrified of needles, and didn't see the need in them further tourturing me by raping my body of blood. He told me that the shrink wouldn't even talk to me until after I had a blood test. So after much.. Convincing I was forced to be further tramatized.
            Then security came back in and wanded me again, incase I had been able to internally convert my own feces into some sort of metallic weapon. *roll eyes*
            So then I just sit around for the next few hours. I was fianally able to get in touch with my fiance around seven, and she came down and stayed with me until she had to go to work.
            9 o'clock rolls around. Nothing.
            I did get the worst breakfast I've ever eaten in my life. I think they accidentally left a note on it, it said the contents of the meal, and under comments it said suicidal, no utensiles.. You know, incase the hanging myself from a tv didn't work I could always spork myself to death or something..
            So the fucking shrink starts coming by around 11, but will not look at me or say a word. I had a friend with me by that time, and he'd talk directly to her, or check my chart, but wouldn't even look at me. He fianlly talks to me at about 12:30.
            He asks me how long I've had thoughts of suicide (havn't..), and this and that.
            He finally agrees that I'm sane, but still won't release me until he's spoken to pretty much everyone in my life, including fiance, parents, boss, friends. Which as you can imagine, took a while, as not everyone is free to talk at all hours of the day. I'm finally released at 4:30. He gave me a clean bill of health, and said the only thing he'd like for me to do is get a gun safe.

Well alls well and good, except that the cops still have my guns. It took me a while to reach the officer on the incident report, despite leaving neumerous messages for him at his station.
            I finally just showed up there at the begining of his shift to speak to him. He said that my guns where sent to the crime lab to be tested for balistics (from a shotgun..) And that I needed to provide proof of ownership (had the papers on me). He photocopied them and told me it would be about a month.
            A month goes by, nothing, although I did buy a glock from a local shop. Another month goes by, and nothing, but I did buy a taurus 1911.
            Now, that's two restricted guns that I was aproved for (sorry, not dissaproved..), so I know I'm still legally alowed to own.
            I finally get a letter in the mail stating that I would not be allowed my guns back, and that they where slatted to be distroyed. The reason given was hand written in and it said "Other, officer robertson (the guy who I'd been in contact with) refuses return. Owner was the victem of a psychiatric evaluation." What are you fucking with me?! Atleast they got the victem part right.
            So I call the number at the bottom of the letter, and talked to the sargent incharge. I asked him what I could do to stop this, and how that could possibly be a legal excuse. There was no court order, I didn't commit any crime, I wad evaluated, but I was found not suicidal, and released, its also clear that I'm legally allowed to buy guns and own guns, I bought 2 more restricted firearms, with no issues.
            He was very rude and bassicly told me it wasn't his problem, to go fuck myself, and that the only way I'd get my property back was if a judged ordered the return, and oh yeah, by the way, they will be destroyed in three days.
            So.. They destroyed them.
            What the fuck can I do?! I know I can't have those guns back, their flat pieces of wood and metal at this point.
            Can I sue? Think the nra would help (I'm a member..)?
            I can't afford a lawyer, and I don't really understand what steps would be involved in suing, or if its even worth it.

Any and all help and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
            -E
            Instagram
            sigpic
            Current: 99 M3
            Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yikes

If this is real, there is so much going on there that its not even funny the shit that was pulled

I would go after the waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles that called the cops and sue her.
              Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-28-2009, 06:53 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Ho.Ly.Sh.it.

Comment

Well I skipped to page 7, and there is talk of locking the thread from one of the moderators, so I'm not sure if it is worth the read afterall...
                  Instagram
                  sigpic

Comment

Looky what I got (can you tell I'm excited about it by the 10000 pics?):

Jarvis P99 .40 threaded barrel

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Now all you need to do is set up a trust and get your self a suppressor for it. But only if you want your name on that "list"

Sweet though, I have been considering a Walther in .380 for a while as a mouse gun for those black tie dress up cant hide my full 220 kinda times. And as you know I hate mouse guns (I am .45 and up kinda guy)

William Pitt-

Comment

Now all you need to do is set up a trust and get your self a suppressor for it. But only if you want your name on that "list"

Sweet though, I have been considering a Walther in .380 for a while as a mouse gun for those black tie dress up cant hide my full 220 kinda times. And as you know I hate mouse guns (I am .45 and up kinda guy)
                        Yeah I have the Walther P22 .22lr and obviously the above Walther P99 .40cal. I'm looking to get on that list. I might make my own suppressor for the .22lr (its legal to do by the way). They cam out with the Walther PK380 recently which looks just like the P22/P99.

And now my new IMI Jericho 941 9mm w/ frame safety. This has hopefully been used to kill terrorists as it was from the Israeli military:

*pics kinda suck and make it looks really two-tone when its not that obvious in reality.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

GD man you blow you pay check every week on new toys, I need to get back to work dammit.

Nice

and yes thats the 380 I was looking at, at the store recently still is just a touch too big.

William Pitt-

Comment

GD man you blow you pay check every week on new toys, I need to get back to work dammit.

Nice

and yes thats the 380 I was looking at, at the store recently still is just a touch too big.
                            I'm independently wealthy, I think? :roll: Ok soooo I live in my parents basement while I'm finishing college and sometimes...I don't quite spend my money wisely. I get bored ok.

Anyways, I have a Browning BDA .380 that feels great in the hand. I have smaller hands (medium) and it feels really nice. Actually everything thinks it feels nice. It holds 13 rounds too. Maybe too thick? I don't really think so though. I'm trying to buy an old Walther PPK off a guy right now but he's a tard.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I need to get a little mouse gun = small to have for those occasions where I have to wear shit that dose not conceal my P220 well (or at all). Small narrow and fit in a pocket holster in my strong side pocket.

William Pitt-

Comment

Sks

Today I am going to take a look at an SKS for sale. The seller has told me that it is a Russian varient made for the Chinese.

I'm not interested in purchasing a Chinese SKS, aka Type 56. But he says this type was not made in China, but rather in Russian on contract for the Chinese.

He wants $200.00 and it includes 60 rounds, and a hardcase. It is supposed to be in excellent condition.

What do you guys think? I'm c&r licensed so I'll get that out of the way...
                                Instagram
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X