Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    I agree on most of this. But I HATE GLOCKS with a passion. just dont feel right in my hand, just dont like them at all, and you wont get a more accurate outta the box gun form anyone than a SIG

That said I carry a p220 every day and would stake my life on it if the need ever arises.
    Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
    I rest my case. :)
    Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
    this is what I have to say for Glock. And is why its the brand I carry.

NO other gun is able to do this!

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php...iew&id=90&Item
    Thanks for the input guys. Seems like it's similar with AR-15 vs. AK. There's some advocates for each camp. I'll be 21 in December, and then taking the classes to get my conceal carry. I dunno if I'll be buying a sidearm right away, but I'm going to do a fair amount of research, and then the ultimate test of holding them side by side.

Forgive me for not using the search engine in this one, but what would be the census on top brands for a carry weapon / first pistol.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

any of the top 4 long as what ever fits your hand the best and you are most comfortable with. Caliber thats up to you as well to shoot all the common ones and see what you like

top 4 = SIG, H&K, Springfield, then Glock are the big ones on the top of the market, with the Sig and H&K being the most $$$ and the XD and Glocks being a couple of hundred cheaper.

Dont rule out a wheel gun for a 1st either a S&W in .357mag/.38special is a great gun too.

For auto loaders stick with one of the 3 popular calibers 9mm, .40S&W and .45acp. easier to source ammo for and much more common just shoot the all and see which you like the best. If you want to go pocket gun a Walther PPK in .380acp (aka 9mm short) makes a great mouse gun too.

For a 1st pistol to learn to shoot with there is always a rugger .22lr that you can shoot a lot for next to nothing for ammo costs compared to the big center fire rounds.

Me like I said before I carry a sig P220 which is a .45acp, and thats all I will ever own for me other than maybe a PPK in .380.

All that said get something you are comfortable with and shoot it as much as you can afford to as often as you can especially if you plan to carry it as a CCW gun
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Thx Sleeve. I did a quick bit of research, nothing really swaying me either way. Searched a police forum and it was kinda split. A lot love the Sig right off the bat, and then there are those issued the Glock and hated it at first, but have come to love it and won't buy anything else. I'm gonna check some of the local ranges and see if they have renters. When the time comes, I'll rent em, shoot a bunch, and decide.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
        Originally posted by DTM190
        "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

i love my H&K USP 90 and use it as a carry gun. down side is things get a little pricey for H&K stuff. the only thing i HAD to change was the grip, i put a houge slip on over the factory checkering stuff and i love it.
          it is not a tiny gun though. i am a big guy and have big hands so CC is not an issue and it fits in my hand nicely.

i don't like the way glocks feel in my hand either, that is why i went with the H&K
          seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I'm a self promoting SIG-snob.
            P220 - winter (jacket/coat weather) carry
            P232 - summer carry

Buy once, cry once...

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
              I'm a self promoting SIG-snob.
              P220 - winter (jacket/coat weather) carry
              P232 - summer carry

Buy once, cry once...

Yup been considering a P232 for my pocket gun its a toss up between that and the PPK when I buy.

For the record I am a skinny bastage and it takes a bit of dressing around the gun but I can hide my 220 in the summer fairly well.
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

saw this on that other forum and thought Id share.

Good video!
                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IIRC that guy was/is a retired L.A. detective before he got into the watch game.

William Pitt-

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IIRC that guy was/is a retired L.A. detective before he got into the watch game.

Yeah I got that feeling too. He used a lot of police vocabulary. Did anyone catch the number of times he had been hit?
                    Instagram
                    sigpic
                    Current: 99 M3
                    Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
                      Yeah I got that feeling too. He used a lot of police vocabulary. Did anyone catch the number of times he had been hit?
                      5 times.

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                        I guess Glocks are like hondas then.

Uncomfortable and quirky, but they start up every morning.
                        And not very powerful.
                        Sig sauer .45 FTW!!!

Modded AK's bang-for-your-buck awesomeness.
                        Always wanted a Heckler & Kosh G36C

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

Originally posted by JMil86 View Post
                          And not very powerful.
                          Sig sauer .45 FTW!!!

Go back to your videogames

Comment

Yup been considering a P232 for my pocket gun its a toss up between that and the PPK when I buy.

For the record I am a skinny bastage and it takes a bit of dressing around the gun but I can hide my 220 in the summer fairly well.
                            I chose the P232 because it was much more comfortable in my hand than the PPK. The SIG is somewhat larger than the PPK (although comparable to the PP) but it makes up for it in it's more rounded contours IMO. Also I am more comfortable with the SIG de-cocker over the Walther's safety.
                            I'm a lightweight myself, 5'7" 155lbs, and the SIG makes an ideal sized IWB/t-shirt carry for me.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by JMil86 View Post
                              And not very powerful.
                              Sig sauer .45 FTW!!!

You do know they make glocks in .45 acp and gap right? Glock is a good company and I all most like them more then my sig but I hate the blockly grip.

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

45gap is a retarted idea to get into its a dead cartridge, no one chambers for it other than glock and its really $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to feed as the ammo is hard to source and has limited manufacturers and loadings to choose from. Stick with ACP

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
                                I chose the P232 because it was much more comfortable in my hand than the PPK. The SIG is somewhat larger than the PPK (although comparable to the PP) but it makes up for it in it's more rounded contours IMO. Also I am more comfortable with the SIG de-cocker over the Walther's safety.
                                I'm a lightweight myself, 5'7" 155lbs, and the SIG makes an ideal sized IWB/t-shirt carry for me.
                                thanks for the inside info, I really have not been into the toy store to look for a .380 yet, just trying to feed my .45's and 44 is enough right now, maybe when my vacation check comes in about xmass, I will get serious. But that bit about the sig decocker will prolly steer me to the same conclusion as you.

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X