X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats with the Owl City?

Comment

had a day at the range.

gf tried shooting for the first time and she really liked it.

first was a 22. then a 22. magnum. then she had a go and something a bit more powerful, springfield 30-06. she handled it well i think lol.

and no, neudz will not follow. kthxbye.
      Attached Files

s50 downunder yo!

Comment

Went to the rang e this weekend with my dad..

Was his first time using a firearm since 1964, he did ok!

This is my mossberg 500 persuader with 18 in door breacher barrell and a new for the weekend Knoxx stock

HTML Code:
        <embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v5.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=15gs3lh&s=5">

We shot up about 100 shells and 350 rounds of .45 wolf in my 1911. Got to say, the wofl shot fine and was CLEANER then the ultramax reloads ive been blasting with. Not a single problem
        88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
        85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

WTF how do you embed tinypic video?
          88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
          85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

Is that a weatherby mark V I spy?????
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Looking for 9mm ammo for my new Glock 17. I've used Speer Gold Dots before and those seem to be recommended, as well as the WInchester Ranger, Federal HST, and Cor bon 125gr. rounds.

Can't find any of those here in BC. So I just picked up some Federal American Eagle FMJ 124 gr. and some Remington UMC 147gr. rounds. Haven't had a chance to use them yet, but are they OK?

Anything else I should consider? Obviously want to try a few brands out and see what feels good/right, so I can stick with something (ie. buy in bulk).

Can't wait to hit up the range tomorrow :)

Comment

you should really pick a grain and stick with it. POI will change with different grain bullets. Make sure you practice with ammo you tend to carry when using for personal protection. For range ammo and just for shooting, I use WWB.

But all listed ammo is fine and will work, just choose one and stick with it.
                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Ok its time for my first 1911. I have looked at many and have come down to 2 contenders. Kimber Pro TLE II and the Colt Commander. Both all steel models. I like the Colt due to its history, classic good looks, and the fact that it isn't a Kimber. I like the Kimber because it comes equipped with a few other options that I want, ie beavertail and night sights. My experiences with Kimber are shaky. Of the 3 I have fired, 1 was total shit, another was new so it was having feeding issues, and the last one was nice but aluminum framed. When I look online it seems that I keep finding people that have more issues with Kimbers than many other 1911s. I am just biased against Kimber and I don't know if it is an unfounded stance to be taking. I have also heard Colt has had issues with quality control lately so who knows.

What do you fellows suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                    you should really pick a grain and stick with it. POI will change with different grain bullets. Make sure you practice with ammo you tend to carry when using for personal protection. For range ammo and just for shooting, I use WWB.

But all listed ammo is fine and will work, just choose one and stick with it.
                    Definitely what I intend to do. This is my first handgun and it's only seen range-time once before. Still trying to find what I work best with. Good call on practicing with what I intend to use at home.

Comment

[quote=myinfernalbmw;1938014

What do you fellows suggest?[/quote]

Why wouldn't you get a Springfield Milspec and upgrade the parts with Wilson Combat parts with the money saved. You will have a much better gun for the price.
                      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                        Why wouldn't you get a Springfield Milspec and upgrade the parts with Wilson Combat parts with the money saved. You will have a much better gun for the price.
                        I have an issue buying a classically iconic american gun that is made in Brazil. I know call me crazy but thats how I feel. I know that doesn't make them any less of a quality firearm, but its just something that would pick at me. If I had multiple 1911s I would probably not care, but as it will be my only one it seems to matter. I was looking at the Loaded Champion and the Loaded Ultra Compact. The only thing I don't like about them is that when you look down the business end of the gun it doesn't look finished. The gap between the guide spring rod and barrel just bugs me aesthetically. That and the fact that they don't come in blued or black finishes.

Comment

Dan Wesson would be another good option.
                          84 318I Delphin RIP
                          87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                          89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

I admit I'm biased against Kimber as well, for a variety of reasons (not to bash Kimber owners). You'll find people who are very loyal to certain brands when it comes to 1911's. I own three Colt's, a Series 70 Reproduction (Government, blued), Colt Commander (SS, Novak customized) and a Colt Gunsite CCO. There are good and bad with each brand, but I like the idea that Colt's are made in USA, have few cast or MIM parts, and when I think of a 1911, I think of Colt.

Comment

Anyone pick up/fire a Benelli Vinci?

I was thinking of selling my SBE for one.

Comment

well it seems im late to the gun club, but i have a glock 18, win .308, and have shoot a lot of diff one, damn its nice to be in the military
                                Originally posted by Erick
                                Dude the M30 is stupid simple design. It's 6 manly men inside the block pushing up and down on the cylinder with Hercules-like force.

Comment

Working...
                                X