Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh yes you are correct the LMF II
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

The G20 I picked up.

Size comp. with the P22.

Picked up a couple different loads from double tap to try out.

Hornady 180gr JHP/XTP on the left, Double Tap 165gr JHP, Double Tap 230gr WFNGC.

I've put about 200 rounds threw her at the range a couple weeks ago. People complain about the grip being too wide, I think it's just fine. Recoil was not as bad as people put it out to be either although it does have a bit of pep to it.
      1988SuperETA|Full I component swap|19lb injectors|Schrick 272|MSIIExtraBeta20071020|GM DIS Wasted Spark|LC-1

Comment

People hate on Glocks but I'd like to have one again as a hard use gun, although I always take care of everything I have.

I had a chance to get a nice Glock with a Caspian slide and barrel but at the time I didn't really know anything about Caspian and wasn't sure about buying it. It was a cool looking gun and I bet it shot great. It was compensated and had night sites of some sort too if I remember correctly.

I also like the new GenIV guns with the gills and rough texture. I don't get why everyone is so against it? I didn't know Glock was never allowed to changed their guns.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          CZ - ok sure but why not get a 1911 then.
          If you've never handled a CZ 75, you wouldn't understand. I always thought they were basically just DA clones of the P35 Hi-Power. But then I shot one. The build quality is first-rate. Forged slides and frames, for example. The SA trigger pull is significantly smoother and lighter than a P35. Even the DA pull is smooth and light (feels like a Sig-Sauer). Accuracy was phenomenal. Reliability was 100%.

I was impressed enough that I went out and bought a CZ 97-B, which is basically the same pistol scaled-up to chamber the .45 ACP.

My 97-B is significantly more accurate than any off-the-shelf 1911 I have ever used. It big and heavy enough that recoil from 230 gr hard-ball feels light. It feeds 185 gr LSWC target ammo like butter, which most 1911's struggle to feed reliably. I love it. It's become my #1 for pin-shooting.
          sigpic
          1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
          2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

So have you should the original 9mm version of the CZ75 before? If so how does the .45 compare?

Originally posted by Emre View Post
            If you've never handled a CZ 75, you wouldn't understand.
            Everything you've said there is right on. If you even just go to a gun store and hold a CZ75 in your hand you'll realize how nice it feels in the paw. They are real beauties. The slide is recessed too which makes for a more accurate gun and is thought to reduce recoil because their is less mass to the slide. Also a sign that this gun is something special is all the clones that have made of it, let me find a list:

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
              So have you should the original 9mm version of the CZ75 before? If so how does the .45 compare?
              I've shot a genuine CZ-75B as well as a Turkish-made copy called the "Sarsilmaz Kilinc." The 97B is significantly bigger and a bit nose-heavy. Both of which I like (I have big hands). The grip feels much longer from front-to-back, but not any wider (the grip panels are paper-thin). The 75B grip feels "rounder" in your hands. Personally, I like the long & narrow grip on the 97B because it keeps the pistol from rolling left or right while you shoot. But unless you have long fingers, you might find the grip too big.

Like the 75B, all the controls on the 97B feel perfect...especially if you're used to the 1911. The slide stop, thumb safety, and mag release are all in the same place. Critically, the thumb safety works the RIGHT way: push down to fire. I never understood why every other DA pistol has a thumb safety that you have to push up to fire. Totally counter-intuitive and unnatural.

Also, the 97B is designed to be carried cocked-n-locked. There's really no safe way to lower the hammer once the chamber is loaded. So, I consider it a SA handgun. The sights are big and wide. An adjustable rear is an option (I have it on mine). Mag capacity is 10 rounds. Mine had been dead reliable with everything, including 185 gr LSWC target loads. Some people complain about not feeding hollowpoints reliably. I've never tried hollowpoints in mine since I live in NJ (where hollowpoints are illegal ) and this is mainly a range gun.

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
              Also a sign that this gun is something special is all the clones that have made of it, let me find a list:
              The ArmaLite AR-24 is just a rebadged Sarsilmaz Kilinc. I spent a lot of time with a Kilinc at the Turkish National Armory in Ankara last winter (my cousin's army buddy is the head of security). It was just as good as the CZ-75. If anything, the quality was slightly better in terms of fit and especially finish. But I understand the ones coming to America won't be finished as nicely (epoxy-coated rather than blued).
              sigpic

Comment

Do any of you guys have any experience with TruGlo sights?
                I don’t know if I really like the way the look, but it seems like they work very well from what people say.

1988SuperETA|Full I component swap|19lb injectors|Schrick 272|MSIIExtraBeta20071020|GM DIS Wasted Spark|LC-1

Comment

^^^^^^^^^

yes true glow are great
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

I really like my EAA(Tanfoglio) Witness Compact.

Comment

Originally posted by Mot View Post
                      I really like my EAA(Tanfoglio) Witness Compact.
                      The people at the gun shop were telling me the EAA witness is a better gun than the CZ75. I just read an old article in American Rifleman magazine's Jan.2009 issue about the EAA witness and they said it has many improvements over the original CZ75.....although truthfully I skimmed the article last night sooo I can't really tell you what it really said

~ John Adams ~

Comment

I bought more stoooof such as:

- 1 pack Magpul FDE XTM Rail Panels
                        - KNS Pivot Pin
                        - Selector Detent (accidently...at least it was only a buck)
                        - Magpul FDE Pmag (to match my gun for the firearms fashion show)
                        - Ammo (Wally world is half the price of everyone else and its Winchester which I think is good ammo) .40cal/ 9mm/ .22lr/ 12gauge (a box of 100 2-3/4 12gauge shells is $22).
                        - LaRue Tactical Covert Rifle Case

This case is the cat pajamas! Seriously it really is and it only cost me $900!!! Sweet deal huh? right? Anyways, here are some pictures of it in all its glory! I bought mine in Tan. They only offered these cases to previous customers at this time and they're all sold out.

Ass shot

Sooo plush and ready to be customized

Constructed of abrasion-resistant nylon, this case has rigid walls and moveable barriers that make creating custom carry setups easily possible. Dense, padded walls protect your valuable contents, without taking up space. Generous use of hook and loop surfaces allow as many configurations as your imagination will allow.

Features:
                        - 3 Buckled Tie Downs with Velcro Backers to secure weapons.
                        - 4 Velcro Tie Down Straps
                        - 1, 27" x 3" Removable Barrier
                        - 1, 6" x 3" Removable Barrier
                        - 1, 4" x 3" Removable Barrier / Stiffener
                        - 2 Large, zippered mesh pockets for additional storage.
                        - Zippered front panel allows case to open flat..
                        - Detachable adjustable shoulder strap.
                        - 1" Mil. Spec. "D" rings mounted in nylon webbing
                        - Large Velcro ID Panel on front

Dimensions:
                        26" x 12" x 3.5"
                        Colors:
                        Tan or Ranger Green

Made in the USA
                        Last edited by Nicademus; 03-11-2009, 01:02 AM.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Here's my latest toy:

Just a cheap Barska red-dot scope for my old Buckmark .22LR pistol. I've never used any sort of optics before. This will take some getting used to. But the Browning has now been transformed into the ultimate "point-n-shoot" plinking gun.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm a big fan of Browning. Quality stuff.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Emery: I used to have a buck mark I wish I had never sold it :( they are great for practicing the 3 "P"s or just practice in general

I love brownigs, weatherby, rem, and FN. Never been real big on Winchester but just never had much trigger time on many.

Oh and old school savage lever guns with a pre 1,000,000 serial number I love the model 1899

William Pitt-

Comment

223, .308 (7.62x51) .45acp, and 9mm shooters this is for you.

The DOD has issued orders and are no longer selling once fired surplus brass to the civilian market, it must be shredded and sold as scarp. This is the 1st run on ammo guys, its going to push prices through the roof and make everything that much harder to get.

Gordon Hutchinson Concealed Carry Training FRIDAY, JULY 4, 2014 The Much Maligned “9” It happened again at an afternoon barbeque a few months ago.  One new acquaintance commented he was looking at buying a new pistol. “What caliber?” Asked the other new acquaintance. “I dunno,” first guy said.  “Nine millimeter, I think.” “Huh,” sneered second […]

Originally posted by article
                                When the new administration would make their move against us as gun owners. Oh, everyone got upset about HR45--I'll bet I got over 100 e-mails warning me about this draconian gun registration bill that had been introduced in Congress.

I was really glad to see Tom Gresham, host of "Gun Talk Radio," an editor, writer, television host on "Self-Defense TV," and one of the foremost gun spokespersons, come out and tell everyone to stop worrying about legislation so absolutely over-the-top--it would never get out of committee.

Tom said save your energy for when we really need it--don't expend it trying to warn everyone in your e-mail list about legislation that would go nowhere.

Now, Tom just interviewed me, and Larry Haynie, owner of Georgia Arms (www.georgia-arms.com), on Gun Talk (www.guntalk.com)--and Tom agrees, now is the time to "...unleash the hounds..." by which he means start e-mailing and writing your senators and congressmen.

Now it has come clear...now we know what they intend to do.

It is an end-run around Congress. They don't need to try to ban guns--they don't need to fight a massive battle to attempt gun registration, or limit "assault" weapon sales.

Nope. All they have to do is limit the amount of ammunition available to the civilian market, and when bullets dry up, guns will be useless.
                                Read the whole article that was just the 1st couple of paragraphs.

I have already emailed the my representatives and the POTUS I urge you to do the same

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X