No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, can't wait to shoot it this week...too bad the ranges here are closed on mondays because my classes were cancelled.

Comment

this thread, and watching this movie makes me want a 1911 even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        this thread, and watching this movie makes me want a 1911 even more.
        They're amazing guns. I'm fondling mine right now.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

^^ fu

Comment

I went to a local gun shop/range the other day and rented my first 1911 ever which happened to be a Kimber. Breaking it all down, weighing positives against negatives, and have determined that I really have no use for one. It only holds 7 rounds, it is rather heavy, expensive as fuck, and it jammed about 6 different times. My Glock holds 15 rounds, is pretty light, cheap as shit, and wouldn't jam even if it did experience a double feed (it would find a way to shoot both bullets). All of those negative things didn't really add up to the one fact that the 1911 was fun as shit to shoot. I love it and even though there are half a dozen reasons not to buy one, I still want one. I think it will be my next purchase after a Sig.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
              I went to a local gun shop/range the other day and rented my first 1911 ever which happened to be a Kimber. Breaking it all down, weighing positives against negatives, and have determined that I really have no use for one. It only holds 7 rounds, it is rather heavy, expensive as fuck, and it jammed about 6 different times. My Glock holds 15 rounds, is pretty light, cheap as shit, and wouldn't jam even if it did experience a double feed (it would find a way to shoot both bullets). All of those negative things didn't really add up to the one fact that the 1911 was fun as shit to shoot. I love it and even though there are half a dozen reasons not to buy one, I still want one. I think it will be my next purchase after a Sig.
              Sounds like you might have been limp wristing it (no offense). There's no reason it should have been jamming like that. Do they not take care of their rental guns? Shiety ammo? They need to send that reject back to Kimber. My Colt 1911 Series 70 (from 1973 mind you), has NEVER had a failure to fire of any kind. Even with reload cheap-O ammo.

I want to get a glock. I had one but I sold it for a profit, wish I would have kept it but I was in a f*ck tard stage of my life.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Infernal up there

Well cant blame you for wanting a Sig, I carry a 220. That said you cant judge the 1911 on that hunk of shit you just rented. Yes a 1911 is a single stack mag (the xd and the HK are the only .45acp that I can think of off the top of my head that are double stack) you can get mags that hold 8 or even 10 in a full size. .45 is a lot bigger than a 9mm (I am just guessing thats what you glock is) as far as auto pistol I will not have anything but a .45 so I just accept the slightly smaller round count in the mags, and if you are doing it right you really should not need any more than 8 at a time, save for the absolute worst of the worst your already dead anyway situation

You prolly had a wore out never cleaned rental gun, hell sounds like the mag was junk too. I love my 1911's Kimbers are pretty good right off the shelf, but for the money (if not going full on custom made Les Bear or something) get a Springfield and throw about 3-400 in wilson combat parts in and you will one of the best single action auots you cold ever dream of. That said the Springfield custom shop puts out some really good product out of the box for a bit less than the other big name custom guys.

Edit: I was trying to be nice there Nic, I was falting the hard wear not the shooter :). But the good ol limp wrist was my fist thoughts. Sorry man
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-08-2009, 09:08 PM.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Oh don't worry I wasn't fag wristing the 1911. The range takes shit care of their guns. Their idea of cleaning is to wipe down any visible residue and the oil the fuck out of the slide and chamber. To top it off, they use shitty bulk ammo and sell it for factory prices. The only reason I go there is because it is the only shop that rents around here. I know that I cannot accurately judge the reliability of a gun from that range. My Glock is a .40 cal, and that is probably what I will be looking for in a Sig as well.

Comment

Was it a full sized 1911 aka 5" barrel? Comparing the weight of my brothers springfield full size loaded and my commander sized (4") loaded its a huge difference, much less weight.

Which glock do you have? I've wanted a glock but I really like the 1911's frame in my hand and I also enjoy having a thumb safety..but the Glock Doc can install one of those pretty cheap.

Comment

Just picked up 400 rounds of brass cased factory .223, so now all 8 of my PMAGs are full. My brother sold his AR and really wanted this new Gerber knife. The MSRP is $200, but I found it on Amazon for $73. Traded, strait across :D

Also just picked up a Noveske lower and Noveske LPK for Jenny.

Comment

next time you guys are shooting a 1911 actually try limp-wristing it. I think you'll find that its not as big an issue as a dealer would like you to think. I have tried to limp wrist with a few different 1911s and they still functioned normally.
                        <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
                        unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if you have good fully loaded rounds and working fire arm then no its not as big a deal as people try to make it out to be.

But with shitty/ poorly maintained equipment and shitty bulk ammo that may not be loaded to full spec then it becomes an issue.

I have tried limp wristing my 220 my BIL kimber and still had no issues, but we maintain our shit and shoot good new box ammo.
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                            Was it a full sized 1911 aka 5" barrel? Comparing the weight of my brothers springfield full size loaded and my commander sized (4") loaded its a huge difference, much less weight.

Which glock do you have? I've wanted a glock but I really like the 1911's frame in my hand and I also enjoy having a thumb safety..but the Glock Doc can install one of those pretty cheap.
                            Yeah it was a full size Gold Match II. I have a G22 that I bought off my LEO buddy for a price that I couldn't pass up. I think it literally had less than 300 rounds through it when I bought it off him. He switched departments and they issued him another Glock so he sold me his virtually new one. I am now in the market for a Sig 229 or 220 super match, and I have been eyefucking a few S&W revolvers lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Link View Post
                              Just picked up 400 rounds of brass cased factory .223, so now all 8 of my PMAGs are full. My brother sold his AR and really wanted this new Gerber knife. The MSRP is $200, but I found it on Amazon for $73. Traded, strait across :D

Also just picked up a Noveske lower and Noveske LPK for Jenny.
                              Where did you get teh Noveske stuff?

So what did you trade the knife to your brother for?

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Does anyone reload? My brothers trying to find primers and they are no where to be found...said he checked several sites. Its for the .45 and I believe the brand he uses is CCI

Comment

Working...
                                X