No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything is locked in a fireproof safe which is bolted to the floor, I'm sure a lot of guys on here have similar set ups. As long as everything that you own is legal (which it is) I don't see any harm in it.

Comment

Specs on the Savage? I have a .22 Savage range queen... LOVE that gun

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
      Originally posted by DTM190
      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

I can get more shots tomorrow, if not def friday, a buddy and I are going to the range. But it's a Mark II no accutrigger, basic mods polished bolt, I bedded the action and floated the barrel, kinda just to learn how to do it, tasco 3-9x30 scope.

I was thinking about selling it and betting a savage .17HMR, but the 98k fell in my lap so I'm making that into a project.

Comment

Yeah it looks pre accutrigger. Don't get a .17hmr... The rounds are as much as .223 and if you've looked around on any of the plinking forums, they're not that favored... a slight breeze, like father time exhaling, and the round becomes a flier... I need to look into floating the barrel and bedding the action, etc.. Need to learn all the things I can to improve the gun / accuracy, then work on myself.

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Check out midway usa, they have a million youtube videos that teach you how to do everything. They're pretty much the eastwood of the gun world. Bedding compound is about $25, floating the barrel only takes some sandpaper and wood stain. They're both very easy to do especially if they're done at the same time. If you're in no rush, I'm probably going to do it to this 98k also, so I can post pics.

Comment

I've spent a lot of time on Midway but never saw any videos. I'm in no rush man, PM me or post instructions

Comment

Search for midwayusa on youtube, they have a channel.

Comment

Most fun I've had at the range was with a Mauser 98k. Old war trophy from a buddy of mines grandfather, hawks and swastikas everywhere on that thing.

Comment

Getting my g17 rtf2 slide hard-chromed this week. Polishing the barrel up too. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Comment

Currently playing with a rifled browning gold and 12 Gauge 3" 1 oz Copper Solid Sabot Slugs. It's the next best thing to a rifle, when a rifle just won't do.

Also, my shoulder voted yes on it. It voted no on the standard slug gun.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                      Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

I just got my first 1911 last week after several months looking for it. Nearly NIB blued Colt Commander. I love this fuckin thing. I ordered a wilson drop in high-ride beavertail and some extra mags for it. I have been looking at night sights but have come up short with any that will fit the standard factory cut. It has yost retro sights installed already though and they are pretty decent, better than standard anyways.

Comment

^ be careful with that grip safety, I thought there wasn't really anything that was "drop-in" for a 1911 save for recoil plug and spring and such.
                          <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
                          unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Oh no i assume there will be some fitting involved. I looked into the process of fitting the grip safety and I'm comfortable with the work involved. If i do fuck up the new part I'll be out $30 but I think the knowledge is worth the potential mishaps.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                              Oh no i assume there will be some fitting involved. I looked into the process of fitting the grip safety and I'm comfortable with the work involved. If i do fuck up the new part I'll be out $30 but I think the knowledge is worth the potential mishaps.

As long as both 1911's are mil-spec parts will interchange just as the AR platform. That's one of the reasons 1911's are so popular.
                              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Well we will find out. I just got it so hopefully in an hour or so it'll be in and good to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X