Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
    However I have been eyeing an MG42 in Oregon though.

Whats that going to set you back?
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

The guy wants $45K with the heavy tripod, optical sight, two extra barrels, and some other swag. That, or I could put a down payment on a house... decisions decisions.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

The guy wants $45K with the heavy tripod, optical sight, two extra barrels, and some other swag. That, or I could put a down payment on a house... decisions decisions.
        Thats a nice collection and quite some penny for the MG, if your into this like you are, why dont you go the dealer route?

Mind me asking what it is you do?
        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I would go the dealer route, but when I asked around, Washington wants you to have a physical storefront and pay the "Special Occupation Tax" before they will even think about signing over a Class II Manuf/Dealer or higher license.
          As for what I do, heck, I'm just in the Army... I just save my pennies and buy what I want when I can. And I have NO debt either.

Comment

Awesome pics. I've seen them before? Seattleguns.org? Maybe ARFcom? You stationed at Ft. Lewis then? You know a Fieser? Probably not.

I would go the dealer route, but when I asked around, Washington wants you to have a physical storefront and pay the "Special Occupation Tax" before they will even think about signing over a Class II Manuf/Dealer or higher license.
            As for what I do, heck, I'm just in the Army... I just save my pennies and buy what I want when I can. And I have NO debt either.
            You could buy a M53, its semi-auto but still pretty cool: Click Here
            Last edited by Nicademus; 07-18-2009, 05:54 PM.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

I'm a regular on arfcom...

Yep, I'm at Ft. Lewis...

I thought about a Semi-Only MG, but I have grown fond of the MG42 that my buddy Dave has. I have been shooting the thing since I was 16 and I feel that that specific gun (serial number 2881i) and I have a 'connection' that is hard to explain.

Comment

C96 and a Kar.43 and a P38. Very nice, been looking for a C96 forever. Sadly I sold my Kar. 43 some years ago. Nice to see someone with an eye for the classics.

Comment

Thanks for the comment. I have always been into the older German weapons (yet another way other than BMWs that I'm a Germanophile). The next firearm on my list is a nice P.08 but it is hard to think that I could have one of those, or another, nicer e30. Come to think of it, if I were to sell any one of the weapons in my first three posts here, and perhaps a selection of the fouth post, I could buy at least a drivable e30, and in some cases a really nice one!

Comment

I have a "shooter" P.08 I've been fiddling with. With all the precise engineering and fine machining you can imagine it only takes one consumable part to throw it out of kilter. It's funny how folks who don't know much about guns, know what a Luger is.
                    Is your K43 a "duv" code? Or is it a Walther? I forgot what their code was.

Comment

It is an ac44 G.43, the serial block puts it in the second quarter (give or take) of 1944...

Comment

You shot the M95 yet? It's an "eye opener".
                        There was a long winded "John Wayne" friend of my Bro's who went shooting with us once. He seemed to think an AR15 "recoiled" so I handed him the "Mannkicker" and told him, "You better tuck it tight and lean into it." He had a better understanding of why I was snickering when he mentioned recoil and AR in the same sentence. Still a fun gun to shoot, especially when sunlight starts to wane.

Comment

The Manlicher certainly is, shall we say, whippy...

Comment

The only other rifle I've shot, in the mil-surp genre, that had a sharper kick was an MAS36. For firing a 7.5mm bullet it really packs a wallop.
                            It must be a combination of the surplus ammo and stock layout. "You" wouldn't think a cartridge in the same size category as a 7.62x51 would be so brutal.

Comment

Jesus Rainier I had no idea you were a guns guy at all until just now. Did you bring a couple sidearms to Home Depot just in case I wasn't legit??

Body roll+perspective=the poor man's drop

Comment

Originally posted by Slangbox View Post
                                Jesus Rainier I had no idea you were a guns guy at all until just now. Did you bring a couple sidearms to Home Depot just in case I wasn't legit??
                                I bet he did; I usually do.

So what were you selling?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                                ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Working...
                                X