Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
    1998 e36 328ic/5 -
    Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
    1967 2002 parts car
    1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      I really want to find somewhere or someone in wisconsin with a couple rifles I can shoot.

Still really leaning on grabbing an Arsenal SLR104FR when I have the cash, but It would be nice to shoot another 5.45 AK, a 7.62 AK, and maybe an SKS, Mosin, AR##, etc.

Pic of Arsenal for fap:
      Mmmmm that Bulgarian Plum furniture.

I have one in plum with the poly folding stock instead of the triangle, it's fantastic. (also picked up one of the rare plum mags, they ship with black ones)

updated arsenal pic.
      1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
      1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
      bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

What foregrip is on the AR? I want to do a free float on my Colt upper, but I refuse to give up the pinned FSB.
        No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
          I have one in plum with the poly folding stock instead of the triangle, it's fantastic. (also picked up one of the rare plum mags, they ship with black ones)

updated arsenal pic.
          How is the 2 stage trigger on the 104? I see a lot of complaints and compliments on it.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            What foregrip is on the AR? I want to do a free float on my Colt upper, but I refuse to give up the pinned FSB.
            Just a standard Magpul angled grip from the looks of it
            -Alex

Comment

Should have been more specific, the tube.
              No E30 Club
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Looks like a Knights or maybe a Daniel defense, has the hole for the pinned mil style fsb. I can't remember who made the foreends for the m4 sopmod, looks like one of those.
                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                  How is the 2 stage trigger on the 104? I see a lot of complaints and compliments on it.
                  Mine didn't come with a 2 stage. Single stage with a clean break but nothing special about it. Apparently they break though. So it's getting replaced with an ALG Defense trigger.

Should have been more specific, the tube.
                  Midwest Industries Extended Carbine. You have to cut off the outer delta ring and spring with a dremel and it mounts to a standard barrel nut. Worth it though, it's light and rock solid with no sharp edges on the rails.
                  Last edited by AwakenNoMore; 01-19-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
                    Mine didn't come with a 2 stage. Single stage with a clean break but nothing special about it. Apparently they break though. So it's getting replaced with an ALG Defense trigger.
                    Damn really? lots of people liked the earlier trigger from what I understand, easier to bump and rapid fire.

I was going to replace mine too, but I gotta buy the damn thing first.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Yeah it's a bit too heavy to bump fire (especially with low recoil 5.45). Can't wait to try the ALG trigger.

Comment

Just replaced my MOE stock with the STR.

All about that cheek weld. I'm going to order another STR when my Stamp comes in. This thing is awesome, a bit tighter fit than the old one, but it will loosen up.
                        No E30 Club

Comment

Ever compared the STR to a ACS-L?
                          I've been sorta looking for a stock for my -10 I'm building, I keep resisting the call of a PRS because they're so expensive.
                          I have the ACSL on my 15 and I like it, but I've only ever had that and a Vltor to compare. Trying to keep the 10 from becoming a 20 lb beast... Its probably gonna end up somewhere near 12 lbs, I'm not a huge guy so I don't like a heavy rifle that I'll probably take deer hunting. I should get it out and weigh it, hmm...

Edit: Primary arms is having sale this week. I might have to get a set of MBUS pro sights and some 308 mags ugh
                          Last edited by DER E30; 01-19-2016, 06:01 PM.
                          -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Haven't tried the ACS-L, honestly I got the STR by accident. Ordered a lower build kit from PSA with Magpul furniture and didn't realize this was the stock I was getting.

I am in love with it though, it's effortless.

Also, went ahead and dimpled the SS barrel and staked the screws on the gas block. I had read about the screw type block effecting accuracy, but let's be realistic here. It's an 8.5" barrel, I'm not exactly looking to put multiple rounds through a single hole at 100 yards.

Next build is going to be just that. I want to build a tac-driving AR. Something like a stainless 20"
                            No E30 Club

Comment

I had read about the screw type block effecting accuracy.
                              I really don't think that's even a problem that most of us will notice, I sure won't. I'm not that good of a shot. My 15 has a set screw SLR gas block and the 10 has a clamp on SLR block, I think the set screw one was better honestly.
                              I verified that the gas port would line up when the set screw was in the dimple, and tightened it down, easy as that, and it can't really move when the set screw has thread lock on it, and its hidden under the foreend so nothing could really hit it anyway
                              The clamp on GB seemed like a bigger pain to line up and tighten. I suppose I could take it somewhere and pin it, but its under the foreend on that also, so meh. But it is weird how nothing keeps it lined up with the gas port besides the clamping force.

For kicks I just weighed my 10 and 15, the 10 weighs 8 lbs 3 oz ish, no sights, no stock, no mag but otherwise complete, 18 inch Rainer Arms barrel. Adding the ACS-L stock from the 15 makes just under 9 lbs.
                              15 is just under 10 lbs with backup sights, bushnell 1-4x scope, vcas sling and flashlight, no mag. 16 inch fluted Wilson Combat barrel and Bravo company KMR Al/magnesium alloy rail.

My buddy has a LWRC M6A2 with 14.5 inch barrel, that thing is like 12 pounds, feels like a pig compared to my 15, lots of weight out front.
                              Last edited by DER E30; 01-19-2016, 06:53 PM.
                              -Christian

Comment

Yea I have a feeling this SBR will be heavier than the m4 barreled upper. That damn stainless weighs a ton! Just holding the uppers, and the short one feels like a tank in comparison to the no-frills 6920 upper.

Also, good to know on the gas block. Only reason I messed with mine was because it was slightly canted in the front rail. When I removed it I was surprised that there were no dimples on the barrel, and no thread locker on the screws. It appears that the barrel was drilled slightly off center, as the rail lines up fine with the receiver. Good news is that the upper was definitely test fired, there were carbon marks on the barrel. So there is that! Other than the gas block issue I'm pretty impressed considering I only paid $260 for the setup.

Anyway, dimpled and staked I feel much better about it. I thought about thread lock but figure I really shouldn't need to take it apart gain. Also I did check that the gas tube was straight. When running the bolt carrier forward and back, there is zero indication of any binding or movement of the tube.
                                No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X