Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
    Need to stop buying gun stuff and buy car stuff.

Got a VP9.
    Oooooh. I generally don't like composite guns, but H&K....yes, yes I do! I am trying to find a H&K Match

Comment

I feel like HK's composite guns are almost more durable then anyone elses full metal guns.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        I feel like HK's composite guns are almost more durable then anyone elses full metal guns.
        Shhh, my CZ SP-01 will disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
          Shhh, my CZ SP-01 will disagree.
          Shoot 55000+ rounds through your SP-01 without changing so much as a recoil spring and Ill agree ;)

I do like a good CZ though, I was eyeing up the CZ PO-7
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            Shoot 55000+ rounds through your SP-01 without changing so much as a recoil spring and Ill agree ;)

I do like a good CZ though, I was eyeing up the CZ PO-7
            I'll get there. Owned it since Nov and put 5k rounds through it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
              Need to stop buying gun stuff and buy car stuff.

Got a VP9.
              Curious what your thoughts are on them, I've heard good things about the vp9's
              '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
              '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
              '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
              '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by shameson View Post
                Curious what your thoughts are on them, I've heard good things about the vp9's
                I've shot a mates quite a few times already. He shoots professionally (and owns a few e30s). I love the feel. It's much more comfortable in the hand than a full sized glock.

Sold my pre-ban lower, thats how I got the hk. Very lucky it was pre-ban. Picking up a Founding Fathers lower to replace it. Made down the street from me, and I really like the design.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                  Nah. The answer is always more gun stuff.

Will probably only go with matched set receivers from now on, I'm just not happy with how the Spikes lower fits. For the rifle I'm thinking a Mega or Aero billet set and Noveske intermediate 18" barrel.
                  Yes to more fun stuff.

My mega maten is super impressive how tightly the upper and lower halves fit together, it's awesome. Expensive, but very high quality.
                  -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                  08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                  318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                  '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                  Originally posted by roguetoaster
                  Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Glad to hear about the Mega. My next rifle will be using a Mega billet set.
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                      Glad to hear about the Mega. My next rifle will be using a Mega billet set.
                      Ive built two PRS rifles on Mega sets and have worked flawlessly. You will not be disappointed.

New to the forum and already found the section I love the most...guns. I'll toss a few photos of some builds ive completed last year.

260 Remington Build-Remmy 700 action, XLR Carbon Chassis, Atlas bipod and it had Nightforce glass on it.

Half of my plastic guns from USPSA, IPDA setup to my work guns (Primary and backup), to my first handgun.

My QC10 Build- Primary Duty rifle that sits in my passenger seat.

[/URL]

Comment

What do you do? ^
                        BMW tech
                        Umass Amherst
                        05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post
                          What do you do? ^
                          Sells insurance.

Comment

My Mega Maten AR10... Yes, the stock is grey but I'm gonna paint it camo someday soon.

Mega Maten matched upper and lower and charging handle
                            Rainer Arms Match 18 inch bbl in Rainer's custom chamber for 308/762x51, Armalite pattern.
                            SLR Rifleworks 15 inch rail and clamp on adjustable gas block
                            Armalite BCG
                            Magpul mags, mbus2 front sight, mbus pro rear, ACSL stock and moe whatever grip.
                            PSA trigger/lpk for now, and thier 7075t6 buffer tub, and A2 flashhider. (placeholder for eventual can)
                            BCM keymod to picatinny adaptor thingy for eventual flashlight.

Also in pic is my XDS 45 which looks tiny. my -15 which is a 16 inch barrel is about the length of the rail on this one when the butt pads are lined up.

It weighs right at 9 pounds as it sits without mag, which is the same weight as my 15 with a 1-4x scope without mag. A 25 rd pmag is 2 lb loaded.

I went mbus pro for the rear sight so I can run a scope lower vs the polymer mbus, something like a 3-9 or 4-16 scope is next on my list. Only put about 40 rounds through it so far, it is more accurate than I can see/shoot with irons I love the Ambi bolt release button, I can drop the bolt with my trigger finger, the button is right above the mag release.:up:

Exodus I tried to get a decent pic of just how flawless the machining on the Mega parts is. There isn't a scratch or machining mark that I can find on it, and even without the pins slid in, the upper and lower have ZERO slop, its ridiculous.
                            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                            Originally posted by roguetoaster
                            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

That is a great looking rifle. I appreciate the input on the Mega Receivers. Since my Colt lower is destined to SBR duty, I have been tossing around the idea of putting my Colt Upper parts into a Mega billet receiver. I've already placed an order for the BCM Alpha 15 rail for it. Will be shaving down the FSB for a nice low profile gas block and not sacrificing the confidence of a pinned setup.

Got my pistol all set. This pistol is the reason I'm bothered by standalone lowers. My Colt is like you say the Mega is. It locks up tight to the point it doesn't feel like two separate pieces. Everywhere I read says that a little play is normal, but I guess I'm spoiled. I can't stand the rattle in this thing, I have been looking into drilling and tapping a nylon head screw in the lower to take up the slack.

Still though, it functions well, and is small enough to actually make me consider putting it in the Glock's place for night time. The 300blk really isn't even comparable to 5.56 noise wise.

No E30 Club
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Although at that point I guess I might as well throw a Noveske 18" intermediate in with a Sd3g trigger, and leave the 6920 upper alone. YOLO.
                                No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X