No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I am finally on a DROS list for owning a handgun, I feel I can divulge that I just bought two M&P 40s. One is tactical and the other is a compact. Great shooting guns. Friend of mine gave me a buddy rate of $600 for the pair. Can't beat that!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
      Since I am finally on a DROS list for owning a handgun, I feel I can divulge that I just bought two M&P 40s. One is tactical and the other is a compact. Great shooting guns. Friend of mine gave me a buddy rate of $600 for the pair. Can't beat that!
      WOW great price! pics?
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
        WOW great price! pics?
        Not yet. I am still in my 10 day waiting period. I have a bunch of stuff I should be taking pictures of. Including serial numbers.

I have two guns that I just adore.
        • S&W Straightline Target Pistol circa 1924 s/n 694
        • Colt New Service 45 circa 1900 s/n 4131

When I get pics of them, I might post the two above and the S&Ws. I am uber paranoid.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

i was at the gat store today playing around with cpp's. i found one that i really liked. it was the h&k p7. they stopped making them in 2008 and since the prices have skyrocketed.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

HK makes damn nice boom sticks. Also worth looking at are Sigs if you're looking for higher end.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

HK also makes some of the most reliable boomsticks in existence. There was a review by Vickers Tactical fired 50k+ rounds through an HK45 and it only had a "failure" twice, both of which didnt require any fixing. All types of ammo too.

Thats pretty damn great.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

Here's a link to one, and yup it did damn good.

They did one with an M&P as well and the results were impressive. Mind you the MP test went on longer, and one of the broken parts was between the 50k and 62k mark.

Fortunately, these days as long as you go with a proven manufacturer, none of us are going to wear one out.
                Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 01-21-2016, 05:54 PM.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I REAAALLY want an HK USP compact for carrying although I think I might have to settle for a M&P Shield. One is less than half the price of the other LOL. Would really just be for suit/summer clothes, my Sig P229 hides pretty well under most everything.
                  -Alex

Comment

If you're looking at the shield, I'd also take a look at the Springfield xds, pretty similar specs to the shield.
                    I love my xds 45 for days when I want a smaller/lighter cc. Full size 1911 is sweet to carry also with a good holster/belt, the only thing I don't really love about the xds is its grip texture can be hard on your skin...

Can't really go wrong with a smith though, I love my smith 1911.
                    Heck, can't go wrong with an hk either! hahaha if you can, for sure go shoot them.

I think some hk .45s are rated for .45 super from the factory iirc so they're strong.
                    Last edited by DER E30; 01-22-2016, 06:02 PM.
                    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                    Originally posted by roguetoaster
                    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Looks like I'll be putting the WASR up for sale.

Due out this year.

1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                      1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                      bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Why you want rail for kalashnikov? Is not good enough as procured from izhevsk mechanical works? You think needs improvement? Then maybe you find job with army of russia! You have drinks with mikhail kalashnikov, trade story of many weapons designed and details of school for engineering!

Or maybe you not do this. Probably is because you never design weapon in whole life. You look at fine russian rifle, think it need crazy shit stick on all sides of weapon. You have disease of american capitalist, change thing that is fine for no reason except to look different from comrade. You put cheap flashlight of chinese slave factory on one side, you put bad scope of american middle west on other side, you put front pistol grip on bottom so you are like american movie guy john rambo. Maybe you put sex dildo on top to fuck yourself in asshole for making shameful travesty of rifle of mikhail kalashnikov, no?

Rifle is fine. You fuck it, it only get heavy and you still no hit largest side of barn. Go to firing range, practice with many magazine of cartridge. Then you not need dumb shit put on side of rifle.
                        willschnitz

Comment

^ I was hoping for Ivan. You didn't disappoint.

Comment

I did see that new Kalash too, I wish they made a 74 variant for us market.
                            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                              I did see that new Kalash too, I wish they made a 74 variant for us market.
                              I'm sure it'll be next in line. If that happens I would almost be tempted to replace the Arsenal too.

Comment

Yeah at their prices I would switch too, I was actually looking at a DDI 74 just because of the $500 price difference.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X