No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discontinued 2018 -- A short stroke piston-driven semi-auto, the 805 Bren is one smooth operator.

Saw this on MAC:

I kinda want one in two tone FDE like a SCAR

$2k tho lol might as well buy a SCAR
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

I'm a little confused as to what you're doing now. You have the colt which is waiting on SBR paper work and now have the spikes lower set up as a 300 pistol.

Are you saying you want to put the 300 upper on the colt as the SBR but the colt is rattly with that particular upper? Then you want to take the colt upper and cut it down so you'll have a 556 and 300 SBR uppers? And also build a new upper for SPR?
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Yea I'm all over the place.

So the 300 upper is going on the Colt once I get permission. Of course I can't test fit that upper on the Colt. However, the Colt upper is also sloppy on the Spikes lower, but locks up tight on the Colt lower. It's my assumption that the 300 upper will lock up tight on the Colt lower as well.

I did toss around the idea of cutting down the Colt, but have ultimately decided against it. The Colt has a very good barrel, so I'm tossing the idea of reassembling it into a matched receiver set to get back the tightness I had with it originally.

In hindsight, I should have just bought a new quality lower and Form 1'd that.
        No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I think you can get a screw that is the same size as the grip screw for more tightness? Or even something like some tape to make it a bit tighter?

edit: stick a small O ring on the front lug, then reassemble
          -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I have been looking into the nylon headed screw. I'm comfortable with drilling and tapping the lower. Honestly that is probably the best bet, because it will still be a good old trusty 6920, just with a different lower.

Then I would be free to just build an entire new rifle without convoluting everything so much.
            No E30 Club
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

http://www.tacticalinc.com/upper-rec...er-p-1130.html
              $1.50 fix
              -Christian

Comment

Consider it done. You da man.
                No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post
                  What do you do? ^
                  LEO in Ohio, former competition shooter in both handgun and rifle.

Comment

Took a feeler gauge to the pistol. .005 clearance, well within the .020 limit. I'm beginning to think it might just be the pins that came in the cheap PSA parts kit.

Thoughts? Other than the fact that I'm literally bitching about a complete non-issue at this point.
                    No E30 Club

Comment

It may be a non issue, but if it makes you feel better then fix it!

I have a set of pins kicking around from the -10's lpk, pm me your address, I'll drop them in an envelope tomorrow.
                      -Christian

Comment

Doesn't the ar10 use different pins?

I had a "duh" moment the other day. Needed a crush washer to proper affix my SDTactical brake (form 1 pending, going with a diy titanium .308/5.56 can). So I went to my LGS, bought 3 just because.

Got home, realized I grabbed 1/2" instead of 5/8. Oh well, at least now I have them for when I purchase a brake for the Colt.
                        No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                          Doesn't the ar10 use different pins?
                          Yes, but the Mega included pins and uses a 15 lower parts kit and it was cheaper to get a whole lpk vs ordering the individual parts so I have a set as spare. They're PSA but they might be a bit different than yours
                          -Christian

Comment

Worth a shot, PM inbound!
                            No E30 Club

Comment

Watch out, brace users.

Also, anyone want this? Looking to get $40 shipped for it.

5/8-24 3 chamber POF brake. Paid $60 for it, only put 40 rounds through.

Slight blemish on the lock ring.

No E30 Club

Comment

I tried looking at AR stuff instead of AK stuff and I just get lost in all the options.
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X