No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rather than go through all that ar pistol caliber bs... if you going to SBR something.. Why not tax stamp an FN ps90 for SBR and a can?? That's what I want..... 50 rounds of high velocity 5.7x28 goodness, in factory configuration
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      Rather than go through all that ar pistol caliber bs... if you going to SBR something.. Why not tax stamp an FN ps90 for SBR and a can?? That's what I want..... 50 rounds of high velocity 5.7x28 goodness, in factory configuration
      Who me? I dont do anything ar pistol caliber. I dislike the ps90 trigger, 5.7 is awesome but I try to stick to cheap common calibers

Comment

A big "issue" I have here in MD is that the only AR15s that are legal have to have a heavy profile (totally makes no sense, but I digress). So to do anything lightweight, you either SBR (which is suprisingly easy in MD, but has a min overall length of 29", so not that short) or a pistol, which has no barrel profile restrictions. The frustration comes from navigating this nonsense, especially when whats the practical differences between a 12" AR pistol, 12" SBR, or a 14.5" HBAR rifle with a pinned muzzle device?

Further info - calibers other than 223/556 dont have the barrel profile restrictions. There is no standard for what HBAR actually means, the only requirement is that the rifle/upper/barrel is either marked "HBAR" or Heavy or advertised as such. Confused yet?

So friggin stupid, but the laws keep us safe. Oh wait, we're only at .8 murders a day in my city.
        BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          Terrible preliminary picture, more this weekend hopefully...Service Grade M1 courtesy of the CMP
          Looks like someone at the CMP picked out a good one for you. That service grade looks like it’s in fantastic shape. Does it have a new stock?

Are you going to put in for the 1911 lottery?
          Last edited by naplesE30; 08-16-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Had the money to buy my FN but wasted it on car parts. Hopefully in a couple weeks i can grab it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              For me the main reasons are magazine compatibility and ammo availability. Granted finding ammo isn't hard anymore with the interwebs, but I like to be able to run to a local store and grab it without having to hunt for it. Around here 300blk is easier to find than 5.7. Don't get me wrong it's got great ballistics, but it seems like the only rumblings I've heard of a "new" 5.7 gun is an MP7 clone, leading me to believe that it's likely going to become even more of a niche caliber than it already is. Not having to hoard magazines for multiple platforms is really just a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                Looks like someone at the CMP picked out a good one for you. That service grade looks like it’s in fantastic shape. Does it have a new stock?

Are you going to put in for the 1911 lottery?
                Yeah looks like its a later, non-original stock. I'll get a closer look this weekend.

I thought about the 1911 lottery, but decided against it. I'd rather do a new Block and a training class, or a class and a boatload of ammo, or something like that. Time/money is limited enough without jumping into the 1911 world (for me at least)
                BEERTECH

Comment

Anyone else use a MantisX?
                  Attached Files
                  BEERTECH

Comment

Do any of you guys have any experience with CBC industries? Thinking about getting one of there 300blk uppers on sale right now for $180 l. While I’m sure it isn’t outstanding quality, they look ok for the price. Not planning on doing a lot of shooting with it, maybe a hog hunt here or there, but no serious round counts.

Comment

Probably just fine, as long as you know what you're getting into. Can always stalk PSA for a sale...
                      BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                        Who me? I dont do anything ar pistol caliber. I dislike the ps90 trigger, 5.7 is awesome but I try to stick to cheap common calibers

Ps90 trigger is easily fixed with a short throw hammer and billet trigger to replace the turbo plastic one. That what i did.

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                        For me the main reasons are magazine compatibility and ammo availability. Granted finding ammo isn't hard anymore with the interwebs, but I like to be able to run to a local store and grab it without having to hunt for it. Around here 300blk is easier to find than 5.7. Don't get me wrong it's got great ballistics, but it seems like the only rumblings I've heard of a "new" 5.7 gun is an MP7 clone, leading me to believe that it's likely going to become even more of a niche caliber than it already is. Not having to hoard magazines for multiple platforms is really just a bonus.

You aren’t wrong. 5.7 is a niche caliber that not many places sell. Cabelas and Scheels are the only place local to me that sell it and its not worth getting off the interwebs cause no matter where you look the FN brand ammo is 30 bucks a box and the magazine holds one box of ammo so its an expensive gun to shoot. I usually only do a 100 rounds when i shoot it vs 2-300 ar rounds.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Not that anyone cares, but I finally got around to taking the dremel to a plastic piece. Absolutely nothing special, but I'm happy with the results.

My main everything piece, the Civic/Accord of pistols, before, after some dremeling, and then some 3M exterior trade tape to hide the sloppy work. Also smoothed out the "beavertail" portion a little bit, and did a very mild triggerguard undercut, bevel. I'm really happy with how it feels now. I know some pro's can do amazing looking stuff with a soldering iron/laser, but this works for me.
                          Attached Files
                          BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                            Not that anyone cares, but I finally got around to taking the dremel to a plastic piece. Absolutely nothing special, but I'm happy with the results.

My main everything piece, the Civic/Accord of pistols, before, after some dremeling, and then some 3M exterior trade tape to hide the sloppy work. Also smoothed out the "beavertail" portion a little bit, and did a very mild triggerguard undercut, bevel. I'm really happy with how it feels now. I know some pro's can do amazing looking stuff with a soldering iron/laser, but this works for me.
                            Good work! I'd be too scared to try it on my own gun lol
                            2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Nice job! I have been toying with the idea of doing some custom epoxy grip fitting on one of my guns but chicken out every time I get close to doing it. Way to commit!!

Comment

Yeah I was a little weary at first, but as long as you go slow, its not a huge deal. Knowing I was covering most of the "ugly" stuff with grip tape helped too.

10-8 FO sights, "-" connector, smooth trigger shoe from a G17. Good to go until I can outshoot it (which will probably never happen)
                                BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                                X